Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Holy priest worth taking to a raid?

she probably had inner fire up. No way she can get 2.3k spellpower with that % crit.
    If we could see an armory of your priest, would be great to help her out also.
    I personally check healing meter to see who is afking or standing around looking cute in my raid. Honestly, she needs to change her spec asap..

Quote Originally Posted by QQQQQQQ
    Not if your looking purely at numbers it doesnt. Sure it shows up in dispels charts etc, but OP is talking about numbers and HPS.
    HPS has nothing to do with rezzing, buffing, dispelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Trannysteve
    You missed the "Unbuffed" part, which made me lawl.

Sure, it's possible, if the caster single-mindedly gemmed for heavy Spellpower, ignored everything else but spellpower.

Buuuut we can see this magical 18% unbuffed crit, which suggests this dude favors it over haste, and is gearing appropriately. Speaks to me. Says to me "bs". Mmmmhmmmm.

Look at my sig- see my spellpower? Ok, That's unbuffed my sons. Now self buffed you add 125 from flask, and 46 from food. by the time I'm fully 25 man raid buffed I'm in the mid-2800s, usually peaking over 3K spellpower.

2300 unbuffed with that mana, that spirit, that crit?

I wanna see an armory.
    It's feasible if it's Torch of Holy Fire + Matriarch's Spawn and as you have mentioned with gem choices. The haste seems low and could very well be bent more towards crit.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ubashi&n=Synge

If I had Torch of Holy Fire + Matriarch's Spawn I'd have:

2172 Unbuffed Spellpower
    16% Haste
    17.3% Holy Crit
    1081 Spirit
    18000 Mana

But I'm currently sitting at:

2036 Unbuffed Spellpower
    16.5% Haste
    17.3% Crit
    1038 Spirit
    18238 Mana

While I'd say it's unlikely, it's definitely not impossible - I could stack a ton of spellpower if I sacrificed some haste to make up the difference I'm sure!

In my opinion, as a level 80 Holy priest, your healer must be lacking skill. I'm rolling almost the exact same spec, and topping charts in every raid I go to.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...ilrogg&n=Tsupe
    Priest's stats unbuffed:
    Spell Power - 2182
    Mana - 17593
    Spirit - 1147
    Crit - 12.66%
    Haste - 7.29%

I get taken to all the raids in my guild, healing against many other Valorous healers, and I'm topping the charts, by a LOT. Should could have been a CoH spammer in the past, and that might be the problem.

First of all current talents for priests limit to reach a druid or shaman at raid healing. Also MT healing holy can be used if only you haven't got a disc priest or paladin. We don't have any active spell haste talents like any other class (druids have imp global cooldown, paladins have insane haste rating from talents, shamans have 30% haste to their simple healing spells after casting riptide or CH). So holy is bleeding, bleeding so bad that we need to work really hard to compete other healers at meters while others can easily pass you with same gear lvl.

Beside of general information, your healer was a CoH spammer by the time, and he boomed after nerf. Because of this talent spec I can say your healer is lack of skills because he get used to spam CoH. And now he probably use flash heal to heal since 2.9 sec Greater heal is not a best choice to compete with others. I advice you to offer your priest like these:

max spirit and max mana return, needs at least 20% unbuffed crit with 1900sp with talents, only for greater heal or flash heal
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=150512000000

rotation with CoH, good crit allow some SoL also. he can exchange points from imp spi to serendipity or test of faith.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=150512000000

If you don't have a holy paladin for MT healing and your priest has crit gear i also offer that he can go disc. Otherwise a paladin, druid or shaman can fulfill this priests spot easily.

Priests CAN be the best healers IF PLAYED WELL.

Our holy priest even topped healing Meters during ALL of Naxx25, he was second on sapphiron and Kelthuzad (paladin was top, druid and shaman was below priest)

Would like to say that Priests are just right in my eyes - if they know how to play.

Maybe she has some lag, I don't know, but normally I have no problems with a priest healing my raid.

Did the palladin forget about Beacon and Judgement of Light?

Quote Originally Posted by Craigadiddle
    Priests CAN be the best healers IF PLAYED WELL.

Our holy priest even topped healing Meters during ALL of Naxx25, he was second on sapphiron and Kelthuzad (paladin was top, druid and shaman was below priest)

Would like to say that Priests are just right in my eyes - if they know how to play.

Maybe she has some lag, I don't know, but normally I have no problems with a priest healing my raid.
    I do not lead the meters only in Patch. I top them also in sapphiron, with the PoM spam and surge of light. I'll do that surely as disci, since i will be assigned also to tank healing instead of raid spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    Ok, do people not understand that if you go into the disc tree you get penance? it's ridiculously good, and they are buffing it soon.

if you go into the holy tree, you get guardian spirit.

there is no 48/23 hybrid builds or 13/22/86 anmore or crap like that, those two talents are way too good to pass up, so stop tryign to make "good" specs without them.

guardian spirit: free tank "death", on maexxna it saves ur tank when you run with fewer healers, on sarth + 3 it saves your tank, on trash it saves a random person from repair bills, etc., etc. penance will do ~10k healing in 2 seconds, nothing priests have can top that the coupled with pw:s and PoM in that amount of time.
    Guardian Spirit is SO easy to pass up. If you're not able to keep up your tank, you shouldn't be healing whatever you're doing anyways. The situation where you would have to use it should never arise if people are doing what they're supposed to be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence007
    Guardian Spirit is SO easy to pass up. If you're not able to keep up your tank, you shouldn't be healing whatever you're doing anyways. The situation where you would have to use it should never arise if people are doing what they're supposed to be doing.
    The only advantage left on priest is unique mechanics. We essentially do the same job as other healers but the only thing that make us different is unique mechanics we possess. I'm talking about Penance, Prayer of Mending and Guardian Spirit. I mean, you are never going to heal more with a Greater Heal than a paladin with Holy Light, for example.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

this coming from the healer with terrible specs..

why pass up a free i.win button? to get divine spirit? lol. use a scroll, 16 spirit (or 88 spell power) wont make or break a raid, guardian spirit will.

if you really cant see that guardian spirit is a good talent (and a better one than divine spirit) then i don't wish to argue with you. im sorry we dont take 6 healers or more to raids like you do.
    if you don't take 6 healers in a raid you probably pass maexxna with 1 enrage web spray, which a tank can use its cooldowns; or if you need to take second web spray enrage:

- Your OT can taunt and use its cooldowns.
    - All healers can time the web spray and hot the tank
    - Use pain suspression if you have a disc priest or you can use hand of sacrifice

It is not a necessity to have guardian spirit for maexxna. For sartharion 3d, you can respec it since it is really situational and you dont need it in naxx.

Note: I never told or pointed that "omg guardian spirit is sux". It is a good talent, but not a must have since you do not use so often in naxx. I have tried nearly every spec for now, including the ones i wrote above and and 14/57/0. Guess what, yes guardian spirit works! But it never needed to save my tank, i saved a fury warrior at thrash And i used it for to get 40% extra healing sometimes which wasn't really needed. So currently I don't need it and I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    HPS has nothing to do with rezzing, buffing, dispelling.
    If you honestly think that then you have alot to learn. If the healer is spending their time mitigating damage to the raid through shields, cures, dispels, whatever, then obviously their hps is going to suffer for it and yet they could still be more valuable then the healers that are higher on the charts. Theres many other reasons why a healer might be lower on hps and still have nothing to do with a lack of skill on their part. If you are a healer then you should know this.

this coming from the healer with terrible specs..

why pass up a free i.win button? to get divine spirit? lol. use a scroll, 16 spirit (or 88 spell power) wont make or break a raid, guardian spirit will.

if you really cant see that guardian spirit is a good talent (and a better one than divine spirit) then i don't wish to argue with you. im sorry we dont take 6 healers or more to raids like you do.
    The extra spirit is a nice addition for mp5, and spell power for the entire raid, I find that quite beneficial and useful. And what's with the personal blows? We're talking about priests in raids, and you go out bashing my spec, despite how successful it was for me, and how well I was able to heal. Sure Guardian Spirit is an excellent spell, and it works great, but I see it as a waste. I can place my talents elsewhere and get more stats to improve my overall healing. Sure Guardian Spirit can help save a raid, but usually it is not necessary if played well.

My guild does not take 6 or more healers to raids, nice assumption. Guardian Spirit shouldn't be seen as a replacement for another healer anyways. If our raid wipes at any point, it's often because people make mistakes and we lose too many healers or dps. We're successfully clearing 25-man raids every week, it's not a necessary skill as a priest if you can make up for the heals to keep up your raid group.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus
    Syal, the reason I still view Gheal as a major tool even over the Flash Heal benefits you list is all tied to the 5sr. Chain casting Flash Heal will murder your mana not because it costs more than other heals but because it means you never get to regenerate. For the regen game Gheal is much better. The problem as I stated before is that there isn't enough damage to go around for healers in most situations, which means there isn't enough damage for Gheal to fix. I'm not saying I view Flash Heal as bad at all, and I've certainly used it plenty of times. What it really comes down to I think is that we're purposefully designed as crappy spot healers. We're good if we're healing ourselves + somebody else, if we're healing a lot of people, if we're counteracting periodic damage, or if we have a free Surge of Light to toss at whoever we want. But just healing a lone person of damage is something we're bad at and I leave to other healers. Other than that though I think your post is spot-on; GRID + mouseover ftw.
    You're right about GH mechanics being much better for holy priests than FH ones. There's a caveat you already mentioned though, current content does not require GH often. Maybe we'll be seeing better times for GH in Ulduar! ;-)

Anyway, even in a world where FH is king, you can manage to get OO5SR regen ticks by cleverly using SoL and HC procs and Inner Fire.

Yep, Grid + mouseover ftw! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence007
    The extra spirit is a nice addition for mp5, and spell power for the entire raid, I find that quite beneficial and useful. And what's with the personal blows?
    Ok lets fix it early. Improved Spirit doesnt stack with other spellpower buffs, even flametongue totem is superior which all the shamans got. If you want the spirit buff (it is stupid but yeah), take a look at your affliction lock, their felhunter buffs 64 spirit or even 70 if they have Imp Felhunter talent which a lot of locks actually take.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

If I was this priest and I saw this post, I'd be deeply insulted. Talk to her about it.

Guardian spirit is ok, but doesn't last long enough to be useful. If it lasted for 20-30s it would easier to predict a tank death. At 10 seconds, the tank doing all he can to prevent his own death with healers desperately doing their last ditch efforts, is unlikely to die in that short a time, even with the Maexnna web/enrage combo. The main benefit I've found for it is when the tank is pulling too fast and I'm not in the area or during battlegrounds, like the flag bearer in wsg.

I like penance a lot but I wish they reduced the cd by 2sec and that it could be cast on yourself.

Guardian Spirit is lovely for five-mans but doesn't scale very well with the number of healers you have. I agree that the short durations on both Guardian Spirit and Pain Suppression makes them rather bleak. If they were on 1 minute cooldowns I wouldn't mind. At 3 minutes I do.

Quote Originally Posted by destro
    I like penance a lot but I wish they reduced the cd by 2sec and that it could be cast on yourself.
    Penance is obscene even in it's current form. Talented it's a 6 second cooldown (yes, I know it says 8 but the cooldown starts when you start chanelling, so unhasted it's 6).

It's on demand, high throughput, virtually free healing with 3 chances to proc Aegis and Inspiration and it maintains a full stack of Grace all on it's own. Oh, and it's pretty!

I don't think I could possibly ask more from Penance (except someone elses idea that it can be glyphed to refresh Renew).

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

Guardian Spirit is currently bugged (worse than before) where it doesn't proc and the target just dies as normal.

It would appear that it has trouble deciding when to fire off and, in this instance, is actually "stripped" off the target as all buffs do at the point of death.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - I killed myself about 20x in a row over the weekend testing this:

Died to Monsters
    Fell to my Death
    Shadow Word: Death Self-Kill

Out of the 20x, it actually proc'd to prevent death an astonishing 10x. Not a very viable, large-scale test, but as it stands right now it's 50% bugged in my eyes.

Holy Priests got so owned this last patch with the nerf to CoH (and that CoH doesn't even work during Vortex on Malygos), bugged end-tier talent spells and wow... IHC is *STILL* bugged and many times consumes the first charge on the spell that proc'd it.