Thread: Cap on haste?

Cap on haste?

I need to know your opion about that on holy specs

Re: Cap on haste?

That is very vague what exactly do you mean? Cap on Haste is there one? Do you want more haste or more crit? Please explain.
    http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/wsig.php/8225692CqGBk.png

well , how many haste rating it is good for holy specs ?

Actually after the CoH nerf, there's no point getting there.

But it's a bit over 30%, where your GCD stops getting lower.

Quote Originally Posted by EthaRi3L
    I need to know your opion about that on holy specs
    I've found over 800 haste, minus tinket procs, is wasteful. I eventually went big crit, and now am around 28.37% in 25's. Now my partner, he's Mr. Haste to my Mr. Crit. We usually fight it out for the top 2 slots, even after the CoH nerf. Last night on KT, for example, he rocked me hard, even tho I'm in near perma-SoL or HC/IHC. It's a trade off, and might be a skill issue also. I was tired as heck.

Of course we brought 6 dang healers, which is like 3 too many, heh.

And haste won't do you good on fights like Sapphiron, where PoM is your friend. Our FH's were about equal, I had 150K more healed on my PoM then he did, was tight, but he rocked a tad more CoH than me.

To give you the opposite example- the previous 4 wings I rocked out most fights heal sniping and heavy PoM. /shrug. Haste- if it's what you want, do it.

Im up to 326 haste, and I might be going for a little more than this but not overly much more, i puts me at 9.96% haste which with talents puts my greater heal at a 2.1 second cast, so when we pop heroism greater heal is damn near a flash heal for me, I don't know how much closer to 2s cast time for greater heal 400 haste will put you, but I wouldn't go much beyond that because you still need to maintain good crit gear for SoL procs and right now trying to balance a decent crit with a decent haste would be hard while going much over 400 haste.

I prefer the balanced approach, fully raid buffed - my goal is to have 25% holy crit and 25% haste - I'm already good on haste, just need to work on the crit next (@ 23%'ish raid buffed)

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Actually after the CoH nerf, there's no point getting there.

But it's a bit over 30%, where your GCD stops getting lower.
    That's the effective cap, there is no real hard cap on haste as you can make your spells next to instant but your GCD will cap at 1 making it ineffective to do so... you need 50% haste in order to reach the 1 sec GCD, keeping in mind that haste increases the rate you cast spells, not decrease the cast time of spells.

The amount of haste required to reduce the global cooldown to a desired value can be calculated by:

Haste = ( ( BaseCastTime / DesiredCastTime ) - 1) * 100

Haste = ( ( 1.5 (GCD) / 1 ) - 1) * 100

Haste = 50%

To work out how much haste rating you would need

Haste Rating = ((Base Cast Time / Desired Cast Time) - 1) * 32.79 * 100

Haste Rating = ((1.5/1)-1)*32.79*100
    Haste Rating = 1640 (rounded up)

So you won't ever reach the soft cap, so it's not worth thinking about.

As for how much haste you want to aim for, EJ's suggests 10% is plenty and to think long and hard if you actually need more than that. Keep in mind that the disc tree has 5% haste baked into it that holy misses out on so there is always a though that Holy needs a bit more haste than disc. Personally I think it's a good idea to try to get your Gheal to around 2.2 seconds, or using the formula above 365 haste rating (rounded up) (that works by reducing your gheal from 3 sec to 2.7sec and then having 0.5 sec reduced from talents).

Another thing with disc and haste are the cooldowns on PWS, PoM and Penance. You will mostly cast in-between spells like Flash Heal faster with more haste. Not entirely bad, but haste is better for holy simply because those spells are more powerful.

thnx for the replies guys I think after the 3.0.8 we are flash heal spammer's. Well my opinion on this is: if u have around 400 haste rating u are good flash heal spammer :P . With all proc's trinket's etc u can reach 30%.

Thnx again

Quote Originally Posted by EthaRi3L
    thnx for the replies guys I think after the 3.0.8 we are flash heal spammer's. Well my opinion on this is: if u have around 400 haste rating u are good flash heal spammer :P . With all proc's trinket's etc u can reach 30%.

Thnx again
    I'd rather compliment my talents (crit) with my stats/gear (crit). Mana in the bank, son.