Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I want to join the 5k dps club!

Hi!

I wonder why i cant beat 3200k dps in boss fights when raiding! My gear is decent and in most pugs im usually in the top 3 dpsers (and often first). But i just joined a stronger guild and im actually fighting for the 6-8ish position. what a drop!

Im full epic... in fact, i only have a trinket to replace ( I have Forge amber wich is still 5th on the shadowpriest.com gear list). I use some pvp gear to fill some spot. And my loot priority will be for a Dying curse trinket

here my stats (unbuff)

1894 sp (darn! they nerfed titansteel gardian!)
    21.92% crit
    136 haste rating (4.15%)
    *163 hit rating (6.21%) +1% because im a dranei, and +6% from my spec.
    my spec is 14/0/57, i think its a common build

i think my spell rotation is fine. Like everybody, i refresh my dots, mind blast each time my cd is up and fill with mind flay (or sometime pwd instead of cliping a mf).

I know i dont have my hit cap yet! But i dont miss so often! Seriously, i can believe i wont be able to reach 5000k dps w/o my hit cap. But im still supposed to be in the 4k no? 6% miss will really lower my dps like that?

Here my armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7thol&n=Iguane

Any idea why im starving in dps?

Re: I want to join the 5k dps club!

Seems youre well on your way. But regarding hit cap it really is important. W/o talents and such your base hit should be 11% around 300hit. I understand your logic /w not missin too oftern but it matters. Keep all your dots up and make sure to apply sw when shadowweaving is fully stacked.

You have to figure, if vt is 1.5 sec cast and you have to recast it you just lost around 2400 damage, just from that spell begin out your rotation for the 1.5 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by naljara
    ^
    with enough aoe anything is possible! ;D
    boss fights, no mind seer lol

let me guess top 5 dps in your raid are always dks and? rogues
    well rogues are fine but omg fucking dks do 4000 or more dps! even in blues they can output 3000! they need a serious big nerf! blizzard told us dks would be op untill 70-80 row when they would get normalized but nooo the damn things do so much damage!

Well, I can tell you that that 4% would make a decent difference. I can pull upwards or 3800-4000 DPS with my current gear/spec and I'm only .06% away from hit cap. What wouldn't be a bad idea is check your recount and also take a WWS to get an in depth look at what's going on. Perhaps your rotation has something to do with it? I know that with the bug fix of SW;D only giving one stack of SW you've had to change your starting rotation a little bit.

Here's my armory just so you can get a feel:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...fiend&n=Verran

Hit cap is very important. Missing a mind flay is one thing, missing a VT or even worse, a DP (ahh 30 sec downtown on DP!) is a big hit to dps. The 1st stat you need is definitely hit for a raiding shadow priest.

Once you do that, you need to make sure your are flasked and have spell power food, because it all adds up. 5k is a tough goal, but definitely doable (though I am personally no where close :-( ). Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Leozero
    let me guess top 5 dps in your raid are always dks and? rogues
    well rogues are fine but omg fucking dks do 4000 or more dps! even in blues they can output 3000! they need a serious big nerf! blizzard told us dks would be op untill 70-80 row when they would get normalized but nooo the damn things do so much damage!
    3k dps in blue gear? : be serious plz. 2k maybe and 2.5k with some epic before patch maybe 3k. They got nerfed..they still do good dmg but are not OP. A good DK all epic H and 10man naxx could do 3k-3.5k like all other class.

163 hitrating as a shadowpriest in pve -> epic fail (even if ur a draenei).

Quote Originally Posted by iguane
    Hi!

I wonder why i cant beat 3200k dps in boss fights when raiding! My gear is decent and in most pugs im usually in the top 3 dpsers (and often first). But i just joined a stronger guild and im actually fighting for the 6-8ish position. what a drop!

Im full epic... in fact, i only have a trinket to replace ( I have Forge amber wich is still 5th on the shadowpriest.com gear list). I use some pvp gear to fill some spot. And my loot priority will be for a Dying curse trinket

here my stats (unbuff)

21.92% crit
    136 haste rating (4.15%)

i think my spell rotation is fine. Like everybody, i refresh my dots, mind blast each time my cd is up and fill with mind flay (or sometime pwd instead of cliping a mf).

I know i dont have my hit cap yet! But i dont miss so often! Seriously, i can believe i wont be able to reach 5000k dps w/o my hit cap. But im still supposed to be in the 4k no? 6% miss will really lower my dps like that?

Basically like everyone else has said, get hit capped. Its really important.
    make sure you are using Quartz and a dot timer. (you probably are, but never know)
    Your crit is really nice, but your haste is a bit low.
    Also, raid buffs play a huge part in that. Make sure you have an Elemental Shammy. We didnt last night and i couldnt break 4.5k on patchwerk. the 280 spell power and 3% crit makes a huge difference.

From a 5k+ dps shadow Priest:
    1. I'd reccomend switching Meta gems. Go with the 21crit 3% increased Crit gem
    2.A new weapon would be nice with the nerf to titan steel guardian its not even worth using anymore. I myself use the mace off 10man Kel
    3.Again another loot reccomendation, a nice trinket that would def buff your stats would be dying curse off 25man Naxx, don't remember exactly which boss it drops off though o.o
    4. Make sure to always refresh Inner fire

Hope any of that helps : /

First of all, shadow focus is 3% hit and not 6% that means that you are only around 10% hit rating?, think you have got the numbers confused its 3% hit and 6% reduce mana cost of you shadow spells... and that really not good, and thats with ur racial. You will need between 16% to 17% if you really want something to happen.
    And spriests arn't really a main dps in raids, like rogues, hunters, locks, paladins (in this patch) and so on... well im not saying it is not possible for a spriest reaching 5k dps, i've seen alot of them do it.

Plus change your pvp gear to some pve gear that can do the trick also, like you get more mana from replenishment and so on and that means that you can keep on going longer with out interupting your dps cycle in fights wich equals more dps.

And a little tip, reroll undead Devouring plague helps alot in my own experience...

Iguane weren't you on skullcrusher?

Quote Originally Posted by Dropped

And a little tip, reroll undead Devouring plague helps alot in my own experience...
    All races have DP now =-\

first and for most you need more hit my friend. i cringe at seeing that low of hit and also see 9 spell 8 hit gems makes me cry as you shouldnt have to use that gem ever to get your hit cap, its somehting like 284-286. since you just joined a more progressive guild obviously better gear sgould drop. i would definnetely work on getting say gothik's cowl, as well as the tailoring cloak since its 3rd or 4th best in slot, now also anything from kelthuzzad is an upgrade as well. your crit is nicley high but if it goes down 1-3 % from you gainin 150-200 more sp and your hit cap then due it. as well it i would seriously look into what kind of mods you are using to best capatalize on the procs from your trinkets. you could also try to get a few more items with a little more spirit which woulkd help a tad bit as well but other than that you should be doing just fine.

Hi!

I wonder why i cant beat 3200k dps in boss fights when raiding!    My gear is decent and in most pugs im usually in the top 3 dpsers (and often first).   But i just joined a stronger guild and im actually fighting for the 6-8ish position.  what a drop!

Im full epic...   in fact, i only have a trinket to replace ( I have Forge amber wich is still 5th on the shadowpriest.com gear list).  I use some pvp gear to fill some spot.  And my loot priority will be for a Dying curse trinket

here my stats (unbuff)

21.92% crit
    136 haste rating (4.15%)

i think my spell rotation is fine.  Like everybody, i refresh my dots, mind blast each time my cd is up and fill with mind flay (or sometime pwd  instead of cliping a mf).

I know i dont have my hit cap yet!   But i dont miss so often!  Seriously,  i can believe i wont be able to reach 5000k dps w/o my hit cap.  But im still supposed to be in the 4k no?    6% miss will really lower my dps like that?

your hit/haste are really low.  I'd get hit capped first, work on your haste rating and then see where your dps is. Keep in mind that even though you might not be seeing "resist" your damage is being mitigated by your lack of hit.

Quote Originally Posted by jangkun
    3k dps in blue gear? : be serious plz. 2k maybe and 2.5k with some epic before patch maybe 3k. They got nerfed..they still do good dmg but are not OP. A good DK all epic H and 10man naxx could do 3k-3.5k like all other class.
    My guild leader recently re rolled warlock to Deathknight his first 25man naxx he was topping meters on most fights including bosses with about 5.6k dps in blues and maybe a green or two, He also still hade the dps plate bind on account shoulders, this was pre 3.08, non hit capped as well

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by smokiej
    My guild leader recently re rolled warlock to Deathknight his first 25man naxx he was topping meters on most fights including bosses with about 5.6k dps in blues and maybe a green or two, He also still hade the dps plate bind on account shoulders, this was pre 3.08, non hit capped as well
    If he was getting 5.6k dps in blues and greens it was during that 3 day "OMFG a DK could destroy the world if he tried" period where they truly were OP. Also there is no way someone in blues and greens (except in the before mentioned 3 day period) topped any meter in 25 man Naxx except in deaths.
    Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. As a matte of fact, just don't throw stones at all. They hurt.

and what class was he playing again... oh right a DK... They are kinda exempt from the rules of normal classes. Also i assume hes a 2H DK so hit isn't as important to him as a warlock. Now if hes a good player and i assume he is this is defenitly possible just saying that DKs can get away with a bit more, having less than desirable gear.

hard to believe. ok I only do 10man and i'm a tank. We don't have ehance shamy only 1 pal sometimes 2 so we don't have lots of buff. I dpsed for a run cauz a new tank was on "training" I had 3k dps on patch pre-patch unholy/blood spec in 50% epic gear, 1st time that I tried this spec. When I tank i'm around 2k dps on boss fight too (not that bad for a tank) sometimes more. Trash doesnt count cauz everyone can go up to 7k. So your GM did 5.6k dps in blues and green? dual wield spec did a little more dps than unholy one but you needed a good hit cap and you say that he wasnt capped..There is something wrong, dk's doing 5.6k in 25 man exist but not in blue/green not capped on hit.

Hit rating- WRU??!?1

That said- We had a Spriest who was usually 2 or 3 in all our raid dps per boss. Trash he cleaned house on like a champ too. He was hit capped by the time we completed our first Naxx 10 man I think.

Don't gem for hit, gear for it otherwise if possible.