Arena -> Burst Damage, about blizzard post

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Burst damage in PvP
    We think PvP is too bursty. What we haven't announced is what we are going to do about it. Risks of making ill-conceived changes include just shutting out classes or specs without a lot of CC potential, or perhaps having long stalemate-ish fights where nobody ever dies. But that doesn't mean we won't do anything.

We are also still discussing whether this is a problem only with certain classes (rogue, mage, paladin, DK and possibly Feral get mentioned the most) or whether damage is just too high in general.

Resilience will still make a difference. When you talk to players sitting at say 500 resilience they can notice a difference and by 800 or 900 they feel like they can stay alive (caveat: this is a very generalized statement and obviously isn't going to apply to every player or every situation).
    How about blizzard gives every class a health buff or a debuff that causes them to do less damage to make the fights less longer and such?

Re: Arena -> Burst Damage, about blizzard post

You do mean in arenas right? Even if it is just arenas, they would have to change so much, and try to balance everything all over again (Not that it's very balanced as it is). And besides, then it would just take a rogue a second kidney shot to kill me, no big deal :'(
    That's badass!.......I say badass now

In all irony, I'd actually blame the high health for burst classes at being best. If health were lower, classes like warlock could win if they kept the burst class off them long enough.

why not do what they've alwasys been doing.

Nerf the PvE content, and then nerf the dmg output.

I'm a mutilate rogue, i'm not doing more then 2k mutilate crits on disc priest with 800+ resilience.
    No, my daggers aren't shit. My damage is even more shit after the opener, takes 60 energy for a mutilate ..
    So, if they nerfed that burst damage, how bad would it be?
    Seriously, get to the resilience cap before qqing about burst :\

This was not to the OP, but all people in general.

2k mutilate crits, on a priest? Did you forget to put on half your gear or something?

15+ Year Old Account

How about blizzard gives every class a health buff or a debuff that causes them to do less damage to make the fights less longer and such?
    No, they need to fix a suitable longterm solution.

Atm I can only gz burstclasses to have full deadly and the rest not, when the game hopefully get balanced ~May.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Langebrød
    I'm a mutilate rogue, i'm not doing more then 2k mutilate crits on disc priest with 800+ resilience.
    No, my daggers aren't shit. My damage is even more shit after the opener, takes 60 energy for a mutilate ..

y do i feel like your lying?

How do you get resilience when it's on pvp piece that require RATING, the rating that are owned by high survival ( without res ) classes decked in 25naxx ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    He addressed sweeping changes that affect every class right here

We are also still discussing whether this is a problem only with certain classes (rogue, mage, paladin, DK and possibly Feral get mentioned the most) or whether damage is just too high in general.
    and he's right, nerfing shaman/warlock/warrior/priest damage just because rogue/mage/paladin/dk damage is high probably doesn't help balance much.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaju
    How about blizzard nerfing the OP classes that do 30.000 damage in 2 gcd?
    Like to know what classes do 30k on someone with 700 resil in 2gcd, it's at least not a paladin....they can do at best 10k if soc procs and everything crits,which if the target had resil it won't...

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus
    Like to know what classes do 30k on someone with 700 resil in 2gcd, it's at least not a paladin....they can do at best 10k if soc procs and everything crits,which if the target had resil it won't...
    Rogues won't either. But Vaju is full of crap, don't listen to him. He's probably a warlock who's mad that he cannot drain tank and win 90% of fights anymore.

I'am a Disci priest wiht 800 Resilence and about 21,5k Hp unbuffed.I get more than 2k multilate crits from multilates, but also from other classes, I get crits till 6-7k. The only explanation could be, that you are one of the few rogues who also wears pvp gear with resilence. But 99% of rogues and lots of the other dmg classes don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus
    2 GDC's is not true. but who the hell cares how many GDC's it is if your stunned or silenced?

Keep in mind im sittng at 1k resilience, sorry im not resili capped!!!!!

Here is how a match vs double arc mage in ring of valor looks

"Hmm nobody, must be rogue/healer or rogue/rogue"
    2xPomPyro
    "nvm double mage! go for "that" one"
    CS
    2x arcane barrage
    "heal me!" (provided ur playing double healer...wtf?)
    CS on partner
    2x arcane barrage

oh and just in case ur not dead yet there suddenly appears a billion mages spaming frostbolts (that i actually dont mind as much as fucking 10k isntant dmg followed by CS)

To all rogues whining not doing enough burst, L2RAID.
    Get full valorous and kel daggers and watch ppl die in cheap shots.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vaju
    How about blizzard nerfing the OP classes that do 30.000 damage in 2 gcd?
    What class is that kiddo?

Quote Originally Posted by Yzaron
    2 GDC's is not true. but who the hell cares how many GDC's it is if your stunned or silenced?

Keep in mind im sittng at 1k resilience, sorry im not resili capped!!!!!

Here is how a match vs double arc mage in ring of valor looks

"Hmm nobody, must be rogue/healer or rogue/rogue"
    2xPomPyro
    "nvm double mage! go for "that" one"
    CS
    2x arcane barrage
    "heal me!" (provided ur playing double healer...wtf?)
    CS on partner
    2x arcane barrage

oh and just in case ur not dead yet there suddenly appears a billion mages spaming frostbolts (that i actually dont mind as much as fucking 10k isntant dmg followed by CS)
    All i hope is that blizzard doesn't throw all the 'burst' classes together and give them the same nerf. Atm, it terms of burst, it must go mage>rogue>paladin/feral>dk....but they seem to throw them all together. IMO mages are the worst, they can CS you while doing instant 10k that doesn't count armour. Rogues on the other hand, the attacks do count amour, and most classes now have stun reduction and trinkets, unfortunately you can't trinket a CS or a pom/pyro.