JCing Nerf? When did this happen?

I was talking to someone and he said he made 30k+ before the prospecting nerf? Is it possible to make uber amounts of gold like this without much trouble now or is it impossible?

Re: JCing Nerf? When did this happen?

See, making 30k gold without too much effort is a bug, so correcting it so that you cant make ridiculous amounts of gold with minimal effort isnt so much a nerf as an intended fix that needed to happen.

So how is JCing now for moneymaking?

It is still quite profitable (not 30k gold profitable) but if you are smart with your dailies and get the gem patterns that are in highest demand, you should have no problem making decent coin. (Patterns like runed scarlet ruby, brigth scarlet ruby, reckless monarch topaz, tec.)

Quote Originally Posted by arnorian
    See, making 30k gold without too much effort is a bug, so correcting it so that you cant make ridiculous amounts of gold with minimal effort isnt so much a nerf as an intended fix that needed to happen.
    Ehm.. Nerfs are intended fixes that need to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar
    So how is JCing now for moneymaking?
    I haven't bother to buy a JC pattern yet. Just auction dragon's eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar
    I was talking to someone and he said he made 30k+ before the prospecting nerf? Is it possible to make uber amounts of gold like this without much trouble now or is it impossible?
    Did i skip over it in the patch notes?
    Prospecting nerf?

Nice, planning to lose mining to pick up JC (Already got maxed out enchanting) good to hear i'll make some money out of it aswell.

Main (buying patterns) + Twink (buying dragon's eye) = win.

What prospecting nerf? JC stopped being profitable to me when I transferred servers and discovered that every gem I had sold for 50% less there.