When going to pug..

Hello fellows.

Have you ever noticed this very annoying thingy... When you ask for inv to pug raid or heroic, leader asks ONLY spell power... Only spell power really is not the most important stat. Anyone could socket only pure spell power gems and they would have 0% hit and base crit and none haste..

So please, tell me, is this annoying for me? Do you think crit/hit/haste don't matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    This game is so f***ing stupid, how are you supose to keep gold when you have to buy new armor everytime it breaks?

Re: When going to pug..

I mostly make sure my SP/Hit/Haste is good. If they only want huge spell power, then I won't come if they don't like my 2.1k.

Some pieces of gear have haste, some have crit, some have hit, some have spirit, and some have a combination of these. But with the possible exception of trinkets, every piece of your gear has spell power and the better the gear is the more spell power it has. Even a warrior who knows nothing about the relative importance of stats for warlocks will have seen enough caster gear to have noticed this. As such, knowing your spell power gives him a reasonable indicator for the overall quality of your gear.

It would be great if everyone was an expert in every class/spec (although I'd settle for them being an expert on their own) and could appreciate the nuances of your gear. But since that will never happen, sp serves as the best metric.

As a counter example, when I am looking for a pug tank I don't ask about what his parry/dodge/block is. I look at his max unbuffed health.

Couldn't agree more.

I have actually lowered my spellpower with my last 4-5 upgrades (new gems aswell)
    I hit about 2.2k and now I'm down to about 2k with much more haste and mp5 (resto shammy).

If you're a dps it's easier just to know what your average dps is on recount and tell them that. When I say 2800 dps boomkin no one cares that my spellpower is only 1712.

I just say 5.2k on patch25. Than again, I hardly pug.

i don't pug. so i don't encounter this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

WHen my guild pugs gear checks consist of armory checks, but we also have connections with some top guilds on our server so we nab them when we can

Thats a great question, especially if your running 41/30 with your felguard, cuz then you get to say something like ..oh..2320 spell power or some rediculous number. I think I literally get 608 spell power with Fel armor n the demon out. So let em ask. Seriously , I would be more concerned if a person was hit capped. But whatever

Quote Originally Posted by direlock
    Thats a great question, especially if your running 41/30 with your felguard, cuz then you get to say something like ..oh..2320 spell power or some rediculous number. I think I literally get 608 spell power with Fel armor n the demon out. So let em ask. Seriously , I would be more concerned if a person was hit capped. But whatever
    No way you can be lvl 80 and got 608 spell power.

He means he gets 608 bonus spell power from the fel guard aura and fel armour.

Well I pug full time never joined a guild yet since I've started WoW in TBC. I've always been a Demo so you need to set yourself out away from the crowd my current spellpower is 2576 (Felguard and Fel Armor) with this latest patch but what I do for raids. Is swap out belt and a trinket. I loose maybe 5 spellpower over all alittle crit% but max out my hit% good enough for a raid. I don't gem hit% at all we gain enough in gear if you know how to balance correctly you can focus all your gems on spellpower. Needless to say some pugs may ask just tell them you swap out gear for hit%. Overall you will benefit the most in swapping gear than gemming trash that is useless outside of raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuuskutonen
    Hello fellows.

Have you ever noticed this very annoying thingy... When you ask for inv to pug raid or heroic, leader asks ONLY spell power... Only spell power really is not the most important stat. Anyone could socket only pure spell power gems and they would have 0% hit and base crit and none haste..

So please, tell me, is this annoying for me? Do you think crit/hit/haste don't matter?
    Wrong - Spell power is the most important single stat.

Agree - Having lots of spell power with no hit/crit is pointless

You need a good combination of the two.

what i find more annoying is the new rule in pugging almost everything it seems u *MUST LINK ACHIEVEMENT* in order to be considered. Are u kidding? cause my guild might be slacking a little right now, and forming a compitent pug for EOE is hard enough, your going to punish me for not having the achievement? how am i supposed to get the achievement if i can't get into the pug.

Today i ran OS 25 with a guy, i topped the meters doing overall 3.2k dps. On the boss fights i was peaking up to around 4.5K. He even messaged me and complimented me on my dps "considering ur a lock" and then later he starts pugging for EOE 10 man, and i messaged him expecting to get an instant invite, and he was like link ur achievement, and i was like are u kidding i don't have 1 yet i just did Os wiht u and did 3k damage and 2 drakes up, obviously im not that retarted. No mater how long i tried to fight him to get a spot he just wouldn't let me in cause i didn't have an achievement. any1 else run into this same issue?

I can understand for speed/simplicity if a pug wants you to prove you already killed Malygos, then they dont have to meticulously explain the tactics which takes ages when typed (last I checked Pug's typically dont use Vent/TS).

I dont pug much at all, I wouldnt mind a pug group leader asking my attack power however(on my feral druid) :

I never invite people to a pug (rarely do pugs) without checking their amory. If their armory is OK, I invite them and pay attention to their playing style. If they are mentally handicapped, they're gone in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambikiller
    any1 else run into this same issue?
    You mean the issue of zie retards? Yeah.