Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Ressillience suggestion for patch 3.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by zasg
    Although it would be a nice idea to be unkillable I think it would be a bit BS to give me 5k more health.

I currently have 19k health buffed and 1k resil. With 24k health it would be fucked for dpsers to try to kill me LET ALONE once i had 1200
    Hell no, dpsers could still kill you in seconds...

I think it could be interesting if resillience both reduced the amount of damage you take and also reduced the amount of healing you recieve.

If for example 1% of resillience (82 rating) had the following affect:

Reduce all damage taken by 1%.
    Reduce chance to be crit by 1%.
    Reduce crit damage by 2% (not stacked with the standard 1%)
    Reduce all healing recieved by 2%.

So a person at the resillience cap would have:

All damage taken reduced by 12.5%, crit damage taken reduced by 25%.
    Chance to be crit reduced by 12.5%.
    All healing recieved reduced by 25%.

This should tend to make it so that over time keeping a player healed becomes easier but more mana intensive fixing the major flaw in the resillience system at present that once the burst damage is gone healer mana tends to last a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    I think it could be interesting if resillience both reduced the amount of damage you take and also reduced the amount of healing you recieve.

This should tend to make it so that over time keeping a player healed becomes easier but more mana intensive fixing the major flaw in the resillience system at present that once the burst damage is gone healer mana tends to last a long long time.
    when get your point right, you say resi should reduce the amount of healing?
    if not, stop reading here

when healing would be reduced while wearing resi, why should the dps in a heal/dps combo wear resi anyway? he could go for 25man naxx pve gear and burst the other -resi-wearing-healer down in just some gcds...

Quote Originally Posted by ozoR
    when get your point right, you say resi should reduce the amount of healing?
    if not, stop reading here

when healing would be reduced while wearing resi, why should the dps in a heal/dps combo wear resi anyway? he could go for 25man naxx pve gear and burst the other -resi-wearing-healer down in just some gcds...
    If you take 25% less damage and get healed for 25% less you will live longer. When you figure out why that is then you will understand the whole point of resillience.

with this burst dmg at the moment it wouldn't be such a great difference...

The PVP fix has to do a few things.

1) NOT touch existing abilities, the error is in the stats, not the talents or skills. If you nerf an ability, PVE content will need adjustment. You can't lower a classes DPS by 500 and expect PVE not to suffer.

2) Make the gear such that if you had PVP gear on in an instance, the gear would simply fail you. You wouldn't have the DPS or Healing to conquor the content. I do 2500-3000 DPS in 25 Naxx with 4 pieces of PVP on (neck, ring, belt shoulders) that is just wrong. PVP gear should NOT be a viable PVE alternative.

3) Make PVE gear so bad for PVP that you would fail. Pretty much the inverse of point 2. (this is pretty much the current situation, too much DPS on the gear, not enough survival)

4)Cut the DPS and Healing on PVP gear in HALF and increase the Stamina and Resilience. I am full entry lvl PVP set and I have only 21k health with stam gems and resil gems and 700 resil. That's bad. I MAY be able to get up to 23k and 750 resil soon.. WOW

5) Give us entry level weapons for arena with 200 Stam MINIMUM and a socket and resilience and a minimal amount of offensive stats. This weapon would be useless in PVE because of the low DPS stats. We are running around in PVP with Naxx 25 weapons and Blizz is wondering why we are 2 shotting people.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafinator
    The PVP fix has to do a few things.

1) NOT touch existing abilities, the error is in the stats, not the talents or skills. If you nerf an ability, PVE content will need adjustment. You can't lower a classes DPS by 500 and expect PVE not to suffer.

2) Make the gear such that if you had PVP gear on in an instance, the gear would simply fail you. You wouldn't have the DPS or Healing to conquor the content. I do 2500-3000 DPS in 25 Naxx with 4 pieces of PVP on (neck, ring, belt shoulders) that is just wrong. PVP gear should NOT be a viable PVE alternative.

3) Make PVE gear so bad for PVP that you would fail. Pretty much the inverse of point 2. (this is pretty much the current situation, too much DPS on the gear, not enough survival)

4)Cut the DPS and Healing on PVP gear in HALF and increase the Stamina and Resilience. I am full entry lvl PVP set and I have only 21k health with stam gems and resil gems and 700 resil. That's bad. I MAY be able to get up to 23k and 750 resil soon.. WOW

5) Give us entry level weapons for arena with 200 Stam MINIMUM and a socket and resilience and a minimal amount of offensive stats. This weapon would be useless in PVE because of the low DPS stats. We are running around in PVP with Naxx 25 weapons and Blizz is wondering why we are 2 shotting people.
    I agree with 1,2,3 but not 4,5. U suggest that u increase hp pool and resi to much and lower dps to much. Maybe some more stamina (5-10 on each peace top). Cos it would be imposible to kill healer in arena with so low dps and so big hp pool as u suggest and every1 would have few peaces of PvE gear, just to increase their dps. So it would be similar as now.

So mu suggestion is to increase hp just little more and decrease dps by maybe 2-3% top, and it will be just ok.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Darkk%C3%AEller
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chromaggus&n=Darkkillerrs

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKiller
    I agree with 1,2,3 but not 4,5. U suggest that u increase hp pool and resi to much and lower dps to much. Maybe some more stamina (5-10 on each peace top). Cos it would be imposible to kill healer in arena with so low dps and so big hp pool as u suggest and every1 would have few peaces of PvE gear, just to increase their dps. So it would be similar as now.

So mu suggestion is to increase hp just little more and decrease dps by maybe 2-3% top, and it will be just ok.
    You are correct to a point depending on the actual numbers they would retune to. It woudl be a very delicate process.

Also, don't forget, with a huge defense budget, healing would decrease too because their +heals would go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafinator
    Also, don't forget, with a huge defense budget, healing would decrease too because their +heals would go down.
    Yes healing would be a lot les. but if u reduce damage so much, damage would be like the one on lvl 70 and u would have 3x more hp, it mean that duel vs healers would be oom duel. And duel between 2 frost mages would be: use mana to take first 50%hp to each other and then use wand. Same as all other casters. U would just have not enough mana do beat some1.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Darkk%C3%AEller
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chromaggus&n=Darkkillerrs

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver

Reduce all damage taken by x% is an interesting idea to counter the OPness of burstdamage. As such a change would effect double dps combos negatively vs dps/healer combos, the All healing recieved reduced by x% seems like a good solution. Blizzard should look into this.
    /Zetsumei

Reducing damage taken and reducing healing balances each other out. If you reduce both, you're not changing survivability. This only helps out double dps teams. If you feel that survivability should be changed, you should only change how much damage is reduced, and not penalize healing.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

How about:

Resilience:
    Reduces all damage taken from HOSTILE PLAYERS by X%.

would make alot more sense, and make it even worse for pve. Since theres no pvp content in pve >duh :<
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=99351

New movie showing some WotLK burst dmg.

The BM hunters pet vs the priest is pure win!