Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I tought this was abit to much of a add for a game i want nothing to do with >.>
    And it slowed down my browser a lot.

Also edit in something fun im getting adds about retirment thats realy something ive never seen on a game website befor :P
    Last edited by mmoc53d469cddd; 2011-08-24 at 04:09 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

bad ad is bad
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

People crying over others using Adblock plus: I feel forced to use it because all sites are flooded with ridiculously intrusive ads, not to mention these companies are gathering my personal data without my permission to do so, I won't grant them the satisfaction after all that of me viewing their ads.

Now I realize some good sites like MMO get caught up in this and initially I had Adblock plus off for MMO, but as such ads started showing up here too, I just turned it back on.

In the end the advertisement industry is to blame, not us.

I really don't like the ads that have sound. If it happens more than once in a few minutes, I just leave MMO and go browse a different WoW forum. The flashy stuff is all fine. I just don't want to be over in a different tab and all of a sudden the MMO tab is trying to sell me something. Same thing when I maximize WoW and then the MMO page is interrupting my gameplay.

I don't know how long the ads here have had sound, but seriously, the advertising money you get from those ads won't be worth the hits that you lose when enough people get fed up with the ads.

Great work and I know they can sneak around and invent new ways to do so but I find firefox with noscript to do a really good job. We do not want to punish the good ads that pay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silverios View Post
    I don't know how long the ads here have had sound, but seriously, the advertising money you get from those ads won't be worth the hits that you lose when enough people get fed up with the ads.
    We hate them too, and we've reported them repeatedly requesting them to be removed. It seems like they keep coming back anyway.

We sent yet another request today, so hopefully some good stuff will happen. :/

Deleted

So i tought these kind of flash adds where not allowed either and it slowed down my computer when the window popped up and i cant get any information or source from it either >.>
    Last edited by mmoc53d469cddd; 2011-08-27 at 02:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reporting that. ><

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah tonight I have had several seemingly invisible ads playing sound whenever I leave the window open. I thought it was the videos at the bottom at first, but at one point I had only one window open, and an add for Chase mastercard was playing, yet I couldn't find anything anywhere on the page that could cause it. It was definitely from that page though because as soon as I x'd it the sound stopped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    We hate them too, and we've reported them repeatedly requesting them to be removed. It seems like they keep coming back anyway.

We sent yet another request today, so hopefully some good stuff will happen. :/
    You use the Google add system I assume?

Deleted
    Holy cow seeing this topic I am kinda glad I use AdBlock...

I have the addon disabled for most of my favourite pages but honestly you seem to be trying to bleed every last penny from ads without a single care about the visitors. I know this is your private website and I have no say here nor automatic right to visit but there are ads and there is raping eyes and ears of your visitors. Guess which side you are on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Holy cow seeing this topic I am kinda glad I use AdBlock...

I have the addon disabled for most of my favourite pages but honestly you seem to be trying to bleed every last penny from ads without a single care about the visitors. I know this is your private website and I have no say here nor automatic right to visit but there are ads and there is raping eyes and ears of your visitors. Guess which side you are on.
    which part of the bit where the admin said they hate them too and keep requesting certain adverts not be shown did you not understand?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    You use the Google add system I assume?
    I'm not completely sure, to be honest. Curse manages the ads on the site, so we let them know when there are bad ads, and they contact whoever needs to be contacted.

It sucks that it's indirect, but at least we don't (usually) have to worry about any of that ourselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post

So i tought these kind of flash adds where not allowed either and it slowed down my computer when the window popped up and i cant get any information or source from it either >.>

Still getting these annoying popups >.>

also quoting myself feels weird.

Yeah the swtor banner expands and takes up the whole screen without being clicked or mousedover and the invisible talking ads when I leave the window open persist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know a couple of people already stated this problem. But I've got the same one, with the SWTOR adds on the side which are clickable(annoying stuff) and the random cinematic popup in your whole screen. I also hated it when RIFT was advertised, it's just annoying to not be able to use the MMO-Champion frontpage normally. Maybe there is a way to prevent these kinds of advertisements?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kucerakov View Post
    Yeah the swtor banner expands and takes up the whole screen without being clicked or mousedover and the invisible talking ads when I leave the window open persist.
    This pretty much. I get these too and I cant figure out where they're coming from.

I also am still getting the same audio adds in the place I posted earlier.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    I was watching a movie stream earlier today and then for a while nothing happened (have seen the movie before) and I wanted to quickly check some forums I visit. And one of this giant full site video ads crashed my chrome, which I previously thought was impossible.
    Didn't use AdBlock or sth before because I know it hurts the sites, but with the ads becoming so aggressive lately (good old times when it was just a banner) I feel like I have to.

Febreeze ad at the bottom to the right of featured videos is automatically playing audio. I'll get the properties of it next time it comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post

most annoying add of them all. Wen I am on the interwebs with my Phone or tablet even if I press the close button and I try to click a link to the forum's it still sends me to the site of SW:tor. I dont like star wars anymore to old for it now a day's and I dont wanna be force to see stuff of it-.-