Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    We didn't force you to do anything. We don't want those ads there anymore than users do. But we can't get them removed without reports. We've said this a ton now. The information that we need and the protocol for reporting them is listed in the first post of this thread.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

There should be an option so once I turn the sound for the ads off it should stay off until I next log into MMO. Every single page I go to the sound and the video starts playing.

The Madrid ads, along with the other flash ads that use voice/audio on the same loop are incredibly frustrating. I PM'd chaud this morning venting my frustration to him, and he directed me here. Others already have posted a screenshot of the offending advertisments, but like I told chaud, I don't want to install an ad blocker because I like to support mmo-c, but I am sorely tempted to.

Last edited by Kudos; 2013-05-04 at 03:29 AM.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

So guys it took me forever to actually get on the forums and post this up..

Im not sure if its just me.. or everyone else without Adblock but.. whenever I load up MMO-champs I get this warning.

Danger: Malware Ahead!
    Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www.mmo-champion.com.
    Content from e-ads.eqads.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
    Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion.

Whats up with it? Anyone else?
    I cant even look at front page for more then a split second without Chrome telling me theres a Malware.

I got the same warning as Lokoz in this specific page
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post21047155

Got that warning on the front page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Opening http://www.mmo-champion.com/forum.php gave me a blocked warning for the following: 64.34.127.229/r3n3/banner.php?%26zid

Did not occur on opening the page a second time, and possibly could be generated by another page forwarding (music), but I've got reasons to doubt it. Not sure it's anything - but worth checking if that IP shows up on the ads for the site.

Anyone know if they fixed the whole Google Chrome warning?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KristianAG View Post
    I have over the last couple of weeks gotten auto-forwarded from your front page and into some blank page that gets blocked by Symantec telling me "Web Attack: Facebook Fake Survey 9 detected." <removed> (can't use links or [img] tag yet)

Only a few minutes since the last time this happened and now I took a few screens, still only blank pages, but there is at least a few URL's you might use to track this down. It forwards thru three URL's before Symatec stops it.

<removed links and pictures, since I'm not allowed to post them>

Using Internet Explorer 10 on Win 7 from Norway.
    This happend to me again just now, only a few seconds ago. Is there anything more I can contribute to stop this ad? I'm starting to worry about visiting MMO-champ. No really interested in getting scammed/hacked if somehow that bad ad should get some info it is not supposed to. Since Symantec is issuing a warning, it seems to be a pretty bad ad.

15+ Year Old Account
    I pinged the ads guys; last I heard they were trying to track it down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using Firefox 20.0.1 with the No-Script addon and it keeps telling me it's stopping "A potential cross-site scripting (XSS) attempt from location [http://optimized-by.rubiconproject.com]" I translated this from Dutch, so might be slightly different language used normally. It happend on various pages, and I can pretty much reproduce it at will, I think by just refreshing often enough.

Thing is when I allow it the only things that show are harmless flash adds or even no adds at all. One was from a rehab clinic, and one was from oil company Shell. So I'm not sure if anything bad is actually going on or not, but Darsithis said to report it here, so I did just in case it means something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reported to the ad guys; it's probably an advertiser with something misconfigured.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got pulled off of MMOC and redirected to: http://softingo.com/nlp/e/avazuinc/f...&p3=1405238404 by an ad - unsure what ad. Popped up a fake download is ready notice

10+ Year Old Account
    Using the latest version of firefox - frequent front-page/blue post tracker blocking a large portion of the first post etc. Also lots of popups that I most certainly haven't clicked on

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you screenshot the front page / blue post tracker?

I've reported a bunch of popups to the ads team and they're working with the ad network to eliminate them; if you can get a URL and screenshot of the popup it would be helpful.

10+ Year Old Account

Popped up on pretty much every single page.

Only when using IE 8.0.6001.18702 - Firefox does not show the ad
    Viewing pages from the Netherlands

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you get the URL from the ad if you see it again?

10+ Year Old Account
    No can do. Flash ad on IE and work computer. So can't install any additional stuff on to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, thanks for trying

Edit: actually, depending on what version of IE, you might have developer tools that might be similar to firebug/chrome -- try f12?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx

(I've also reported it to our ad guys already and they're trying to find it, but if you can get a URL it would still help.)
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2013-05-29 at 03:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting the same NSFW ad on almost every page. Viewing it here from Russia with Google Chrome. Unfortunately I was unable to get its URL :<

Tits on the front page, whyyyyy? x_x
    Last edited by Leiandri; 2013-05-29 at 12:51 PM.