Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Advertising - Reporting bad ads

Im having the same problem as Marakara. I use google chrome and im getting those popups that float over the page and cover up text. I cant move them and i cant see the x to close them off. Does anyone know what to do about those other than switching to firefox? I would really prefer to keep using google chrome if possible.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shoni
    Im having the same problem as Marakara. I use google chrome and im getting those popups that float over the page and cover up text. I cant move them and i cant see the x to close them off. Does anyone know what to do about those other than switching to firefox? I would really prefer to keep using google chrome if possible.
    Same problem. Please Help.
    "I don't agree with you on that, I'm going to have to check Google." -Martin, Role Models.

I have no problem with ads, just as long as they dont make me go into an epileptic shock with the flashing and such. Remember the elementals in wotlk that when they exploded you almost had a seizure? Yeah..thank god they don't anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

• Excessive flashing

So let me get this correct....

A little flashing is cool?

/strip of pants

YEAAAAAAAA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Was wondering where they went
    One thing I've noticed (viewing from the UK) is that the little *new* post icons on the latest posts on the main page seem to have disappeared, linked times with the ads disappearing
    Is this just coincidence or will they come back when you can fix the ad standards

Hadn't viewed any of those posts and haven't changed any settings since I registered
    The icon ( ) works perfectly fine on the normal forum pages
    using firefox 3
    lol at the post on that screenshot that said "Six reasons why Grim Batol will be the 3.2 instance"... time to use the search engine and see what his reasons are
    Signature too large

mmo-champ ftw!

Signature By [Rayde] :]

General Forum Link 1

Dear Boubouille,
    recently when i have visited mmo-champ there have been weird Organ Donation adds right over the top headlines. I am in no way against organ donation and don't find the ads it offensive, but the position of the ad does block and/or obscure the latest news. I believe the ads are for a site called recycleme.org so i was wondering if you could look into it.
    Thanks,
    -Heleon

Quote Originally Posted by Heleon
    Dear Boubouille,
    recently when i have visited mmo-champ there have been weird Organ Donation adds right over the top headlines. I am in no way against organ donation and don't find the ads it offensive, but the position of the ad does block and/or obscure the latest news. I believe the ads are for a site called recycleme.org so i was wondering if you could look into it.
    Thanks,
    -Heleon
    I use Google Chrome and I have the same organ donation add covering the headline text as this poster does.

A few minutes ago I came across an ad for Scotch Fur Fighter. It was blocking all the recent forum posts and I couldn't find any way to close the ad, so I had to reload the page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

ok just ran across this on the main page. It takes up 90 percent of the screen and wants you to install a plugin as well.

10+ Year Old Account

Made me think my cpu was under virus attack.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by cidic
    ok just ran across this on the main page. It takes up 90 percent of the screen and wants you to install a plugin as well.

this keeps happening to me as well, these ads are really starting to annoy me

Same here annoying as hell, at least now i know that octoshape thingy it's on my internet black list.

10+ Year Old Account

I can't even view the front page because of this "Octoshape" thing, at first I even thought it was a virus. Then i googled it and its a freakin video program or something. None the less its extremely annoying and I'm sure many people want you to prune the source :P

heres the add in a screenie:

Quote Originally Posted by cidic

[IMG]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg270/cidicaa/bad1.jpg[/img.
    [IMG]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg270/cidicaa/bad2.jpg[/img.
    It's not technically an ad. It's the flash player for the tournament, and MMO-C supports it fully. MLG owns MMO-C. There are already posts about this on the MMO-C Feedback/Suggestion forum.

10+ Year Old Account

Thats kinda ridiculous though Phoenix, I can't even see the front page without downloading that thing and that thing has RIDICULOUS terms and agreements.

Hum, I don't have it installed but can block the whole thingie easily with opera.
    Guess you should just try to block it

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Thanks bbr, great game!

i got rid of it by getting noscript and blocking gamerbattles.com and mlgpro.com
    Many class changes. You won't like the ones made to your own class but you'll think the changes made to the 9 other classes are all overpowered. Tigole

Are there any reasons, why MMO Champion is not in the US/EU Blizzard Fansite Program?
    Because MMO-champ has frequently violated the fansite agreement by posting unconfirmed patchnotes / leaked information etc. The same reason Boubille didn't get an invite to the fansite invitational at Blizzcon

Not sure if this really qualifies to be poster here or not but....
    On the twitter feed, There are these "sponsored tweets" that keep being posted that go to random crap. Is that intentional? It's led me to take it off my followed list.

https://twitter.com/MMOChampionNews It's the top one on that list (currently, until another actual news post gets made I guess) if anyone's curious what I'm talking about.