Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    I have a ad covering the whole top of my banner type thing where it says "Welcome X, notification my profile ect" and i cannot click on any of them. I am using firefox and cant really tell what to do, is there a fix for this?
    You can get Adblock for Firefox. It gets rid of every ad on every web page. It's really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorzon View Post
    You can get Adblock for Firefox. It gets rid of every ad on every web page. It's really nice.
    And by doing so, you ruin the website you love to visit, gg.

If you don't get what I mean: if everyone turns on adblock, this website would soon stop existing, as showing advertisements is what keeps the money comming and thus servers running and bandwidth flowing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a ad covering the whole top of my banner type thing where it says "Welcome X, notification my profile ect" and i cannot click on any of them. I am using firefox and cant really tell what to do, is there a fix for this?
    Do you still have this? There was a bad ad showing yesterday, but I think it's been resolved now..

I just noticed an Ad that was advertising an "Undetectable Keylogger! Secretly record every keystroke!". Thinking this is an unintended ad...
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Do you still have this? There was a bad ad showing yesterday, but I think it's been resolved now..
    Nope, its all good now

Nope, its all good now
    I believe what you saw was the Dark Side of the MMO-C forums...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    I believe what you saw was the Dark Side of the MMO-C forums...
    Penalty! Bad pun, three minutes in the box

Quote Originally Posted by Shorteh View Post
    And by doing so, you ruin the website you love to visit, gg.

If you don't get what I mean: if everyone turns on adblock, this website would soon stop existing, as showing advertisements is what keeps the money comming and thus servers running and bandwidth flowing.
    I don't use Firefox or Adblock-type things so I can't really say I'm right, but I kind of thought they still showed the ads, just...blocked over? ^^ Like a blank square where those microwave pastries would be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Adblock prevents the sites from downloading ads altogether, generally. When a site is paid in number of views for the ad, that means adblock is directly reducing ad revenue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Adblock prevents the sites from downloading ads altogether, generally. When a site is paid in number of views for the ad, that means adblock is directly reducing ad revenue.
    Then couldnt someone just constantly refresh the page in order to fill the quota?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they have very detailed statistics including unique viewers (by IP), etc. They'd know.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    That bad ad that darkside was talking about (and I was talking about) is back.
    But this time, you CAN see the bar for clicking on important things at the top of the page, BUT mousing over anywhere where that video is, will blast the sound to it... very annoying, but I liked it better when it wasn't there at all. it's the same HUNTED ad by the way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I see it too... ugh. We're working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    I just noticed an Ad that was advertising an "Undetectable Keylogger! Secretly record every keystroke!". Thinking this is an unintended ad...
    I'm getting this myself now. But I imagine it doesn't go under the 'bad ads' rules due to the fact that it seems to be used for office surveillance and the likes.

It seems the ProGlide razor ad has a popup that appears after a few seconds in the middle of the page and follows the screen.

Edit: just had it pop up while the Samsung ad was up. The popup looked different too. I took a screenshot but I doubt you care to see it.
    Last edited by Fiddlesnarf; 2010-09-04 at 12:12 PM.

Another popup that scrolls with you.

---------- Post added 2010-09-04 at 12:21 PM ----------

Forgot to mention, I saw it on the Front page, not news section or anything, and I hadn't been going through pages. It was there when I opened up the site.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post

Another popup that scrolls with you.

---------- Post added 2010-09-04 at 12:21 PM ----------

Forgot to mention, I saw it on the Front page, not news section or anything, and I hadn't been going through pages. It was there when I opened up the site.
    Just wanted to add to the above poster that I was seeing the same ads on the main page and forums and a very similar pop up and follow up type ad used in the blue tracker today. This is incredibly annoying as mmo-champion is the only site that I visit which has these ads. I don't want to have to get an adblocker as I want to support mmo, but it's going to happen if these pop-ups aren't resolved quickly.

EDIT: Guess what popped up as soon as I hit submit?

Last edited by Aoyi; 2010-09-06 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Pop up

15+ Year Old Account
    I assure you that they're not intentional; there's just not much we can do about it due to the holiday today. We're getting it resolved as soon as possible. From another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Xtek View Post
    We're aware of the issue. It appears that the issue is on our ad server's end. I've let the people in charge know about it, I apologize.

Deleted

Bitefight has really bad ads,
    using Mozilla Firefox. I think they appeared yesterday.

15+ Year Old Account
    This giant ad is still popping up. This is now a week past the holiday weekend where I first started reporting them. I've talked with Boub regarding a few more I've found in PMs, but this is one popping up on the blue tracker now. They are getting bigger ><