Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As a long time reader i appreciate the time and effort going into what is for the end user free, and i understand the need to support this with revenue - but it's becoming increasingly difficult to view/enjoy content on this site without flash ads (600+pixel) covering the pages.

15+ Year Old Account
    The correct thing to do is send us a screenshot and let us know which ad it is. Really, we don't want any annoying or obtrusive ads, but they're localized/specialized, so we don't necessary know about all of the bad ones. Post a screenshot, and we'll get rid of it quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    The correct thing to do is send us a screenshot and let us know which ad it is. Really, we don't want any annoying or obtrusive ads, but they're localized/specialized, so we don't necessary know about all of the bad ones. Post a screenshot, and we'll get rid of it quickly.
    In the future i'll be sure to do that, thanks for the quick reply.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks!

Had some really loud music with it too.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    much along the lines of the last one:
    Linky
    Last edited by Annoying; 2010-09-27 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Had to edit out... sensitive data.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think I've figured out this latest bunch -- if you happen to leave your mouse over the top ad for 3 seconds, it'll get big and make sound and stuff. Quite annoying... for now, try just keeping your mouse far away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Felstone View Post
    As a long time reader i appreciate the time and effort going into what is for the end user free, and i understand the need to support this with revenue - but it's becoming increasingly difficult to view/enjoy content on this site without flash ads (600+pixel) covering the pages.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://img217.imageshack.us/f/bigad.png/
    Look and see, all ye, my big annoying post-blocking ad

The newest one I'm getting is on the main page, a huge Axe ad that is not only a big flyout, but also auto-plays with sound.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you post a screenshot?

I 've been getting this banner stuck in the middle of the front page new items. Its always in the same place but I believe there are at least a couple of different adds on it. I run IE 8 if that helps. Here is a link to a screen shot of it. I'm not sure how to post a direct picture on here. http://yfrog.com/n7mmochampj

15+ Year Old Account
    ....There are actually remotes with a QWERTY keyboard?
    I mean... what are we gonna do?
    Type our own subtitles?
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    ....There are actually remotes with a QWERTY keyboard?
    I mean... what are we gonna do?
    Type our own subtitles?
    Its for a dvd recorder. And its used to type in a title for the recorded stuff i suppose .

Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Its for a dvd recorder. And its used to type in a title for the recorded stuff i suppose .
    Ya its for TIVO. I've been getting that and one for xinfinity stuck where it shows in the screenshot I took earlier. The bar is always there, the adds change on it. Its more annoying on the days when there are text posts that it blocks than today with only a section of the login screen video blocked. I was hoping there would be someway to get rid of it.

can you please get rid of the zombie ads about editing pics, i just saw one with bieber in it and i almost barfed. kthnxbai.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/747/mmo.png

hopefully i did this right.

Its several ads, not just this one, that block the list of forum posts on the top of the main page. I make sure to keep my mouse away from it, but they show up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Starphish View Post
    http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/747/mmo.png

hopefully i did this right.

Its several ads, not just this one, that block the list of forum posts on the top of the main page. I make sure to keep my mouse away from it, but they show up anyway.
    Getting the same thing here at work this morning:

Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

I have the same issues as the poster above with the square ad blocking my favorite part of the site, the recent blue posts. I won't post a ss since it looks the same...

The only fix I've found is closing the site and reopening it until the ad is gone. Usually takes about 5 tries. It's extremely frustrating.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldspice View Post
    I have the same issues as the poster above with the square ad blocking my favorite part of the site, the recent blue posts. I won't post a ss since it looks the same...

The only fix I've found is closing the site and reopening it until the ad is gone. Usually takes about 5 tries. It's extremely frustrating.
    I'm replying again because this is happening to me again. I have to close and reopen the site at least five times before I get an ad that will let me see the recent posts and blue posts. Very frustrating. Its usually one of two ads: yellow pages with the bird or Salt (the movie). The yellow pages one is the worst.