Thread: Summoning

Summoning

We had to make a change to the new warlock summoning mechanic at the last second to prevent an exploit. Our apologies to all the law-abiding warlocks who have to suffer with a painful cooldown on your summon in order to fix this problem. We plan on getting the Ritual working correctly as soon as possible. You won't have to put up with a 2 minute cooldown for more than a few days. Standard caveats apply that this could change for any number of reasons, but we wanted to keep you informed of our plans at this time.

What ever happen to the few days

Re: Summoning

I mean they already hot fixxed the Bug with mindflay and misery with Shadow priests a couple of days ago and on the Ptr the summoning stone was just fine.

Just don't allow the spell in a BG, problem solved.

Damn.....for 1 time tht Bliz give us a confotmable way to summ ppl ...but they waste our time actually...coz 2 min cooldown is absurd for our rulez....
    Plz FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And i have seen the last night there's continue to be a bug when u reapply a dot....if a dot isn't consumed (all) u cant reapply tht......
    Pvp suck.....
    Any other incovenient Has been Planning for us??

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by LASYRGEKAN
    Damn.....for 1 time tht Bliz give us a confotmable way to summ ppl ...but they waste our time actually...coz 2 min cooldown is absurd for our rulez....
    Plz FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And i have seen the last night there's continue to be a bug when u reapply a dot....if a dot isn't consumed (all) u cant reapply tht......
    Pvp suck.....
    Any other incovenient Has been Planning for us??
    Nerdrage?

Ok, coming from an ignorant, non-programmer aspect here. Couldnt Blizz just revert to the old code for the time being? At this point I'd be happy with just the old summoning, as would my guildmates and friends.

As much as its an inconvenience to my guild, its somewhat refreshing to be able to tell lazy pugs to fly from Dalaran to VoA b/c my summon is on a CD and we have 10 more people to summon (which means 20m). ;D 8)

It allows me to summon with priority (ie. someone in org with their hearth down) and leave the lazy folks a flight point away to actually make some effort.

Although, after all is said and done, I really hope they fix it soon. The 2m CD is just an guild-wide annoyance in raids.

i did 25 man vault today, and there were about 8 people at the instance, and surely some1 goes "lock, summon me." i reply with, "incase u didn't know, warlock summons now have a 2 min cd. I will not summon u if u are in northrend at all, in stormwind, or near an instance that u can ghetto hearth from, and in turn be in dalaran." in reply i get like 10 wispers instantly, hey, can u burn ur first summon on me? coming from a dude in dalaran. We ended up doing 25 man vault with 17 people, and having 6 people still sitting in dalaran asking for a summon wehn boss was at 15%.

at the point its a good bug, finally i don't have to come to a raid with 50 shards filling my bags cause i know i will burn more then 1/2 of them getting the raid there. Bad point is when ur in naxx and multiple people die in the gauntlet, or randomly hearth cause its "dire necessity" to repair their yellow armor. If it isn't red yet its still good people.

id like it to actually work the way the planned it to, sounded pretty sweet, shocker the cool thing for a lock is broken....

Quote Originally Posted by Bambikiller
    i did 25 man vault today, and there were about 8 people at the instance, and surely some1 goes "lock, summon me." i reply with, "incase u didn't know, warlock summons now have a 2 min cd. I will not summon u if u are in northrend at all, in stormwind, or near an instance that u can ghetto hearth from, and in turn be in dalaran." in reply i get like 10 wispers instantly, hey, can u burn ur first summon on me? coming from a dude in dalaran. We ended up doing 25 man vault with 17 people, and having 6 people still sitting in dalaran asking for a summon wehn boss was at 15%.

at the point its a good bug, finally i don't have to come to a raid with 50 shards filling my bags cause i know i will burn more then 1/2 of them getting the raid there. Bad point is when ur in naxx and multiple people die in the gauntlet, or randomly hearth cause its "dire necessity" to repair their yellow armor. If it isn't red yet its still good people.

id like it to actually work the way the planned it to, sounded pretty sweet, shocker the cool thing for a lock is broken....
    Dont allow people to Repair...Simple.

OR. Carry repair bots. We had em in BC but people seem to have forgotten Mammoths after a wipe?
    We just dont allow people to disrupe the flow of a Raid to repair solo. ITs everyone or nothing and if you die well so be it. Got forbid you have 200 less HP and do 100 less DPS for you helmet is Red.

The only problem with this is the gauntlet. in a group of 25 there is always 1
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Mage, Druid, DK & Shaman,

well apparently they say they are fixing the issue today Jan 27th..... i don't hold much faith in what blizzard says anymore though

A) Kill alliance at the stone
    B)????????
    C) Profit

It's nice to shake awake the lazy people who are always in dalaran when they should be there already. This also wakes up my raid leader to notice behavior that's not part of just killing bosses.

bug is fixed in 3.0.8a that went live on us servers today

hopefully at our servers in europe tomorrow
    All men…are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born weak of body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory! That's why there is war, violence and unrest. Inequality is not evil. Equality is! - Emperor Charles zi Britannia

famor, EU realms are 1 day behind US (since its better they catch the bugs so we have a much smoother game :P)

unless your in US realms...then that would suck.
    Lhun

Sorry ThePilch, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.

15+ Year Old Account

Ehrm, its not fixed in US after 3.0.8a and the additional hotfix?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I just read in the EU forums that the spell is still bugged. You get the meeting stone but you can only summon people in the same area as you. Basicly, if you're inside Nax you'll only be able to summon people that are already inside Nax.

Strangely i haven't found any mention on this in the US forums.

Can someone confirm this is happening both in EU and US, please?

Well in EU Shadowsong atm, you can´t summon at anyway. No Meating stone, not Warlocks.. meh..

Quote Originally Posted by tmtb
    I just read in the EU forums that the spell is still bugged. You get the meeting stone but you can only summon people in the same area as you. Basicly, if you're inside Nax you'll only be able to summon people that are already inside Nax.

Strangely i haven't found any mention on this in the US forums.

Can someone confirm this is happening both in EU and US, please?
    It worked fine yesterday in WG..on Hyjal server--U.S.

I dont knwo but im on arthas US and the new summoning stone works fine for me.....no bugs nothing, just good old...errr I mean new summoning stone.....

The World of Warcraft is a game of much complexity, sometimes there's fire, and you have to not stand in it.

Thank you guys, it was probably a problem with the patch release in Europe.

Even so, it's good to know it's a bug and not intended.