Page 1 of 2
LastLast

shadowpriest rotation

hello im rather new as shadowpriest and im currently leveling up , what rotation is good for killing mobs?

Re: shadowpriest rotation

VE & Mind Flay in general.

If you got VT then:

VE, VT, Mind Flay, Mind Blast (finisher), to proc replenishment.

what level are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia

If you got VT then:

I would VT before VE

takes the mob longer to get to u and you do more damage faster

yeah, depends on where you're standing, and how important hp back is.

I usually do 3-4 mobs at the time

If you cast VT first, then the mob only runs at you for 1 gcd un-mindflayed.

Quote Originally Posted by heriana
    what level are you?
    soon 71

I'd start with VT like already mentioned in the thread...

...but after that (depends on situation ofc) I'll back away from the target while casting VE (and until it's global cooldown is over) to get some more distance to it. Then depending on if he is within MF range I'll mind flay once and then MB or if he is outside the range I'll MB first.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahijnu

...but after that (depends on situation ofc) I'll TURN 90 DEGREES WITH MY MOUSE AND STRAFE away from the target while casting VE (and until it's global cooldown is over) to get some more distance to it. Then depending on if he is within MF range I'll mind flay once and then MB or if he is outside the range I'll MB first.
    fix'd

and if your gear is enough then you don't have to put up sw, just vt --> mb and then mind flay and the mob should be dead pretty quick
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

I spent a lot of my time leveling doing pretty much what Gahi said (with Dentoid's fix about strafing). PW:S myself, VT, run as I VE, Mind Blast, and that's usually enough, just let DoT ticks finish them and move onto the next mob. Will keep replenishment going and kill a lot of things in a minimal time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahijnu

...but after that (depends on situation ofc) I'll back away from the target while casting VE (and until it's global cooldown is over) to get some more distance to it. Then depending on if he is within MF range I'll mind flay once and then MB or if he is outside the range I'll MB first.
    thanks any good dot macros ? or anything else helping to kill faster

If you got VT then:

You always start with VT... why? Because there is a cast time with VT, you can start casting with the mob non aggro'ed and the moment the dot lands your GCD is free to cast VE... then you MB because the mob will generally be outside MF range (till you glyph it and there is no point why lvling imo) then you MF to snare it.

Last I checked VE had an 8 sec CD... so that's some slow pulling to put VE on them all... it's much quicker to SW:P 2 or 3 mobs while you aggro enough worthy to MS with a PW:S up you take little damage b4 they die... VE is just rather unnecssary imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosshorn
    I spent a lot of my time leveling doing pretty much what Gahi said (with Dentoid's fix about strafing). PW:S myself, VT, run as I VE, Mind Blast, and that's usually enough, just let DoT ticks finish them and move onto the next mob. Will keep replenishment going and kill a lot of things in a minimal time frame.
    Strafing isn't really necessary as I see it. Not for a normal mob anyway as casting VT and just backing away is enough for VE. And btw, casting PW:S (as you mentioned) is just a BIG waste of mana. The mob should be dead around when he gets to you. If you get hit once or twice and take some damage, that damage will be healed to full before the next mob gets to you from that targets VE.

I should add that after I have casted MB and Mind Flayed the target I usually finish it off with a SW if the target has less health than what a non-crit SW:P does. Maybe not necessary but it feels good!

Quote Originally Posted by zkillon
    No macros here. I was only shadow while leveling and even if you could save some microseconds from macros (maybe, I guess), that is hardly a reason good enough for me to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by zkillon
    you shouldnt have said that mate, now ppl think you a big waste of space who uses macros..

i tried asking for a macro once and got flamed really bad

GL on your rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Last I checked VE had an 8 sec CD... so that's some slow pulling to put VE on them all... it's much quicker to SW:P 2 or 3 mobs while you aggro enough worthy to MS with a PW:S up you take little damage b4 they die... VE is just rather unnecssary imo.
    It's so hard to say.

Atm. I just put up VT and Mind Flays, since it take less than two flays to kill a target. The power of having lame good gear.

But we were talking about a leveling rotation, hence why VE is always nessary, getting HP back means you can avoid using PW:S.

PW:S is such a extreme mana dump, it sucks you can't downrank it anymore.
    I can't belive you actually suggested to use PW:S.

With a proper spec (read: Improved VE, and Improved Shadowform), PW:S is something that belong to the past (where it could be properly downranked to avoid pushback.)

I always lvled like this:

1. find the mobs I want to kill
    2. VT + SW: P - start runing to the next one, now pop VE while runing
    3. VT second mob, instant SW: P while you start runing (VE is still on cooldown sadly), use PW: Shield
    4. VT + SW: P third mob, pop VE on this one while you run to the 4 mob
    5. VT + SW: P + shield... run...

You get the idea? This way Spirit Tap is always up, so make sure you have lots of spirit, see how much spell power you need to kill a mob with 2 dots and aim for that much in any way you can, if you can't, just finish them off with MF or SW: Death once they get low.

If you pull to much simply PS (fear) and MF them down while they run around you.

Use Shadow Fiend (spec Veiled Shadows!!) and Dispersion every cooldown. Dispersion is also a very very good way to get out of trouble if you pull to much - shield + dispersion (so you don't loose Inner Fire charges) and your DoTs will eat them away while you jump around in Fart Form regenerating tons of mana. Pure win.

Shadow priests don't do single targets. Shadow priests melt faces of every mob they see, thats now trying to hide under a very big rock. (In that case we just melt the rock ofc).

1. Find pack
    2. Fully unload on 1 mob to get stacks of shadow weave (VT, DP, MB, MF)
    3. Next mob VT and SWP
    4. Next mob VT and SWP
    5. Next mob VT and SWP
    6. Next mob VT and SWP
    7. PWS or Fear if the mobs are close enough (they usually are)
    8. Profit

Usually I just SW: P 4-5 mobs and Mind Sear them all down when they're gathered.