PVP Arcane Build

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aul&n=Cheyenna

This is my current build, stats and gear. I wanted to get advice if there is anything I should change to have a better pvp build. I am also doing arenas and am very new to it, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. My spell rotation now for arena is arcane barrage and fire blast and missles added in there every so often when others are on cool down. Thanks in advance.

Re: PVP Arcane Build

quite bad ratings
    1.) I love improved blink
    2.) Arcane Shielding can be very useful
    With 1.) and 2.) you improve your survivability

3.) There is no rotation in arena. Ofc you shouldn't cast when you know your enemy can cs/kick/pummel you right now. But you can provocate a cs by casting scorch.

4.) Priority No. 1: Try to get away from melees and LOS Caster, you are working with instants, you can do this

5.) With the new AB, I wouldn't specc into pyro, Icy Veins are cooler ^^ Just PoM AB

6.) stamina? MOAR!!

7.) tactics? Depends on your team

just my 2c

This is my specc: http://www.wow-europe.com/de/info/ba...00000000000000

I really like it, cause with Frost, you get huge crits on ffb and shatter practically gets you a 100% crit, which is really huge in certain situations in arena matches. Icy veins also helps you getting casts off and with the right glyph it even works as a snare breaker. Impact may be nice to have but imo the frost talents are just better .
    Also as arcane I would not specc into haste, because most of the time you only spam instants. Put those 3 pts into something like imp blink or incanters absorbtion (only if you're playing with a priest or paladin as healer).
    mhm... that's just what I think. maybe I'm wrong and pyro is better....
    In the end it all depends on what comp you play, your playstyle, your mates, your opponents and all that stuff.
    jm2c

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosgaurdian
    The video is nice, but the comps they are palying against???

Very classic comps: Holy pala + war. holy pala + lock. Rogue + Spriest. Sham war.

Where are they matches versus the cookie cutter set ups?
    2x rogue??? none
    Ret + DK??? none
    Holy pala BM hunter??? none
    Rogue + boomkin?? none

Didn't see feral druids for that matter as well. Nice vid with very classic TBC set-ups. But no matches vs all the new WOTLK set-ups and the new hot specs.

Why?

because they would be omfgbqqroflstomped by those setups

When you play more in arena and you encouter what it is really like, and which set-ups own, and how they own, the more and more flaws you start to see in those OMFG look how cool I R playing vs retards at 12:00 pm on saturday in the afternoon videos and avoiding any decent players what so ever.

As for your Arcane tree:

1) Arcane Stabiliy for sure for the 1st tier as the mana cost is very minimal and almost everyone spellwise is hit capped for arena/pvp

2) Definitely would pick up Improved Blink for sure (Arcane Mind is really purely PVE, esepcially if its for mana issues, I would get Meditation easily over Mind, even it is an extra like 30 spelldamge from Intellect improvement)

3) Feel free to throw points into Mind Mastery if you want, although arena still has its longevity/survival, so the extra 100SP is so so, but just depends on your personal preference

As for your Fire tree:

1) Burning Determination over the extra ignite bonus IMO easily (Most reasons because ignite breaks CC which makes it bad even if it is overall more damage because, well to be honest it will only be for occasional fireblasts and your POM Pyro, which brings to me to my other point. . .

2) Don't get pyro, it has a dot, which also breaks CC, and with the most recent changes to Arcane Blast, it is by far better to use in every case possible as it has 0 travel time, and gives you a 20% buff to your next arcane spell (Abr // AM)

3) Yes, do keep impact, keep taking advantage of it until Blizzard removes its RNG effect, but right now its one of the very dominant aspects of the lower tiers in Fire.

4) Lastly, Molten Shields is probably the most amazing talent ever for PVP with Molten effecting 100% everything (w/o ignite so it does not break CC) and the Reflect chance is 35% with both minor glyphs (which shouldn't be an option since there are no other minor glyphs good at all except Slow Fall lol) and its amazing versus Deathknights especially, not to mention other mages and the occassional Warlock if they still exist and the rare elemental shaman. I can't tell you how many times I've reflect other mages pyro's or blasts (from images) or Icy Touch or Chains of Ice onto deathknights and sometimes even 2v1'd arena matches solely based on this fact.

Nonetheless its all about your own personal playstyle, but if you're going to go the "Arcane/Fire" build, use the above info for help.
    Also, yes, "Arcane/Frost" is very good with solid kiting ability and add in Arcane Fortitude with Frost Armor and you're sitting at almost 5k with like 600 res is quite a bit, but until they change Impact (if they do) I still prefer "Arcane/Fire"

Check a look at my build/armory if you have any other questions

Vengeful Gladiator Mikalbolton
    -Mess with the best, Die Like the Rest-
    "Half the people in this room are mad at me, and the other half only like me because they think I pushed somebody in front a bus, so that's not good."

Mess with the best, Die like the rest ... Crash Override & Zero Cool

Arcane PvP nerf is coming. I don't know when or how but i'd be willing to bet it is on its way from what blue said. I wouldn't get too comfortable with Arcane for PvP right about now...

Crit gems? No wonder you are in the 1300s.

15+ Year Old Account

You have two 16 Hit Rating gems in your belt, also Crit Rating gems in your chest and shoulder piece. This is very wrong. The only gems you should be putting into your gear are resilience, spellpower and stamina. Or ofcourse a combination of those stats. Futhermore, as a Mage spellpower isn't that important in PVP and with your 1736 spellpower you should enchant your two rings with +24 stamina. You're spellpower will go down to 1698, but your total health will go up by 480.

Enchant your chest piece with +275 health or +20 resilience.
    You should consider enchanting your bracers with +40 stamina.
    Icewalker on your boots should be changed to +22 stamina or the improved Boar's Speed enchant.
    Enchant your shoulders with +30 stamina and +20 resilience.
    Give your cloak 35 spell penetration.

With all this you should be looking at an extra 1400 tot 1700 health, while losing about 84 spellpower. You're health can go up to about 19k, something you really need as a Mage.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooddeity
    The video is nice, but the comps they are palying against???

Very classic comps: Holy pala + war. holy pala + lock. Rogue + Spriest. Sham war.

Where are they matches versus the cookie cutter set ups?
    2x rogue??? none
    Ret + DK??? none
    Holy pala BM hunter??? none
    Rogue + boomkin?? none

Didn't see feral druids for that matter as well. Nice vid with very classic TBC set-ups. But no matches vs all the new WOTLK set-ups and the new hot specs.

Why?

because they would be omfgbqqroflstomped by those setups

When you play more in arena and you encouter what it is really like, and which set-ups own, and how they own, the more and more flaws you start to see in those OMFG look how cool I R playing vs retards at 12:00 pm on saturday in the afternoon videos and avoiding any decent players what so ever.
    tbh totally agree xD

about pvp arcane, as frost mage I must say it, u should pick molten shields, this totally pwns vs any class which uses frost/fire spells and RNG from impact often saves situation, it's great cuz by scorch spam u can break casts often, if u throw pom pyro then make sure that u stay a bit closer to ur target if he may avoid dmg by wards, immunities etc. closer u stay then player has less time to react