Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Affliction Warlock - Best in Slot?

Now I'm not a math whiz, so I don't know what sort of calculations need to take place to determine which items are best in slot for affliction warlocks. I know a good deal of it depends on making sure you're hit capped, but when it comes to the choice between crit and haste (granted, I am affliction) I get a bit torn.

So from my research, I have determined that a few items are best in slot regardless of hit/crit/haste. These items are:

Helm: Hood of Rationality
    Neck: Wyrmrest Necklace of Power
    Bracers: Unsullied Cuffs
    Belt: Leash of Heedless Magic
    Boots: Arcanic Tramplers
    Ring 1: Signet of Manifested Pain
    Trinket 1: Dying Curse
    Trinket 2: Illustration of the Dragon Soul
    Weapon: The Turning Tide

That gives us 104 hit.

As a guild raid organizer, I can pretty much guarentee that I will have 1% hit from Heroic Presence and 3% hit from a Shadow Priest. So my goal is 263 hit, 263 - 104 = 159.

I would like to aim for the 2pc. T7.5 set bonus. The below list assumes using +19 sp gems. The bold items I have, I need help deciding on which combination is best in slot:

Shoulders: Valorous Plagueheart Shoulderpads vs Mantle of the Locusts vs Mantle of Dissemination
    Back: Cape of the Unworthy Wizard vs Pennant Cloak
    Chest: Valorous Plagueheart Robe vs The Sanctum's Flowing Vestments vs Robes of Mutation
    Ring 2: Band of Channeled Magic vs Lost Jewel
    Hand: Valorous Plagueheart Gloves vs Gloves of Token Respect
    Leg: Valorous Plagueheart Leggings vs Leggings of the Wanton Spellcaster vs Leggings of Mortal Arrogance
    OH: Matriarch's Spawn vs Accursed Spine vs Surplus Limb
    Wand: Wand of the Archlich vs Plague Igniter vs Gemmed Wand of the Nerubians

My goal: Not take someone else's (holy priests, shadow priests, mages) bis if it's not bis for me and still reach 263 hit.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Re: Affliction Warlock - Best in Slot?

So if I understand good, you got 104 hit atm?

No, 104 is what you get from the Best in Slot items.

I run with 290 hit in raids currently. If my target is to stick to 263 hit, and I get 104 of it from Dying Curse and Wyrmrest Necklace of Power, what combination of other gear items that I listed out would be best in slot and still have 263 hit.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Keep Valorous Shoulders and Gloves for 2pc.

Wanton Spellcaster for legs, Channeled Magic for Ring2, Surplus Limb for OH (due to hit), Pennant Cloak, Gemmed Wand of Nerubians, Sanctums Flowing Vestments. Add that and then you get the setup I am aiming at and as horde I don't get the hit presence.

Overall I am just finding these items to be the better of the upgrades available atm.

This is kind of off topic from this thread (I've tried finding a thread on this but I haven't), but I was wondering: What is the haste cap for affliction spec? Or is there a point where I should stop stacking haste and go crit? I currently have 554 haste (16.9%) without the spellstone on. I have not gemmed for haste, it's all off my gear. I've gemmed for hit and spell power.

Quote Originally Posted by jthnyn13
    This is kind of off topic from this thread (I've tried finding a thread on this but I haven't), but I was wondering: What is the haste cap for affliction spec? Or is there a point where I should stop stacking haste and go crit? I currently have 554 haste (16.9%) without the spellstone on. I have not gemmed for haste, it's all off my gear. I've gemmed for hit and spell power.
    Well, at 1640 haste you got your haste capped, however, than you will not benefit anything from eradication, bloodlust, haste proc trinks.
    Without doing the maths, I think it should be around 900 haste when your GCD will be slightly under 1.2 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidara
    Keep Valorous Shoulders and Gloves for 2pc.

Wanton Spellcaster for legs, Channeled Magic for Ring2, Surplus Limb for OH (due to hit), Pennant Cloak, Gemmed Wand of Nerubians, Sanctums Flowing Vestments. Add that and then you get the setup I am aiming at and as horde I don't get the hit presence.

Overall I am just finding these items to be the better of the upgrades available atm.
    Thank you very much for your feedback! I am thinking I will keep the Icewalker enchant on the boots, and as such, I could keep the Wand of the Archlich. That would give me 265 hit. Thank you very much for you help. I appreciate it!

I dropped icewalker for tuskkar vitality, granted it has not got a calculable dps increase over anything else, it does get you faster out of AoE and thusly get faster back to dps'ing or in the worse case, prevents you dying.

15+ Year Old Account

DK's are my personal tuskar! >
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Offsprngr
    I dropped icewalker for tuskkar vitality, granted it has not got a calculable dps increase over anything else, it does get you faster out of AoE and thusly get faster back to dps'ing or in the worse case, prevents you dying.
    I get the idea of dropping Icewalker, I will as well as soon as my hit dont suffers anymore. But why on earth would you get Tuskars over 18spirit? That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidara
    I get the idea of dropping Icewalker, I will as well as soon as my hit dont suffers anymore. But why on earth would you get Tuskars over 18spirit? That makes absolutely no sense to me.
    Read it again.

Read it again.
    I read it the first time, thank you. If I want to get faster out of AoE and/or back again, I use my teleport. That's one of the few things its actually useful for. That doesn't change that 18 spirit is a dps upgrade in more ways than one and certainly minor run speed won't change that.

That teleport is lost dps time setting up. Movement speed and range are huge factors in increasing dps time. People are too narrowminded looking at patchwerk type dps scenarios.

It's 1 gcd setting up and 1 gcd using it, so at least 2.5 seconds wasted time considering haste.
    It's not always an option to portal, sometimes it's on cooldown, sometimes it's only 2 steps.

Either way, over an entire run, I think it's safe to say that it is a bigger DPS gain than being able to cast sooner since you move slightly faster.

Besides, on most fights you can set it up before the pull.

Does Tuskarr's Vitatlity stack with the 2 Unholy DK's we have in the raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Risu
    No, but I have the problem of no consistent raid groups, therefor I can't be sure to have an unholy DK or if they even got the aura talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Risu
    No, it doesn't.

If you're having problems getting out of AoE and you need a run speed enchant to fix the problem you might want to re-evaluate your playing abilities... :

Alright, so here's the summary. The only thing I wasn't very sure on was the chest enchant. Pretty much, is gaining 5 more spirit worth losing 10 intellect and 10 stamina? Please respond if you have any disagreements with the below:

Helm: Hood of Rationality
    -Meta: 25 spell power + 2% intellect
    -Gem: 19 spell power
    -Enchant: Arcanum of Burning Mysteries
    Neck: Wyrmrest Necklace of Power
    -Gem: 19 spell pwer
    Shoulders: Valorous Plagueheart Shoulderpads
    -Enchant: Greater Inscription of the Storm (Inscription: Master's Inscription of the Storm)
    Back: Pennant Cloak
    -Enchant: Enchant Cloak - Greater Speed (Tailoring: Lightweave Embroidery)
    Chest: The Sanctum's Flowing Vestments
    -Enchant: Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats, Enchant Chest - Major Spirit
    Bracers: Unsullied Cuffs
    -Enchant: Enchant Bracer - Superior Spellpower
    Hand: Valorous Plagueheart Gloves
    -Enchant: Enchant Gloves - Exceptional Spellpower (Engineering: Hyperspeed Accelorators)
    Belt: Leash of Heedless Magic
    -Enchant: Eternal Belt Buckle + 19 spell power gem
    Leg: Leggings of the Wanton Spellcaster
    -Enchant: Brilliant Spellthread
    Boots: Arcanic Tramplers
    -Enchant: Enchant Boots - Greater Spirit (Tuskarr's Vitality can be considered if no Unholy DK is in the raid)
    Ring 1: Signet of Manifested Pain
    -(Enchanting: Enchant Ring - Greater Spellpower)
    Ring 2: Band of Channeled Magic
    -(Enchanting: Enchant Ring - Greater Spellpower)
    Trinket 1: Dying Curse
    Trinket 2: Illustration of the Dragon Soul
    Weapon: The Turning Tide
    -Enchant: Enchant Weapon - Mighty Spellpower
    OH: Surplus Limb
    Wand: Gemmed Wand of the Nerubians