Itemization/Spec

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...nar&n=Monolixx

This is my current character. I've been working on him for a good bit, I feel really comfortable with affliction. I know I currently have an abundance of hit rating, only because i'm waiting on a better drop than my current trinket. I'm really looking into the illustration of the dragonsoul.

I'm wondering what items I should drop/pick up for itemization, and wondering if my cookie cutter spec is the best for my gear.

Re: Itemization/Spec

Quote Originally Posted by Monolixx
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...nar&n=Monolixx

This is my current character. I've been working on him for a good bit, I feel really comfortable with affliction. I know I currently have an abundance of hit rating, only because i'm waiting on a better drop than my current trinket. I'm really looking into the illustration of the dragonsoul.

I'm wondering what items I should drop/pick up for itemization, and wondering if my cookie cutter spec is the best for my gear.
    Your gear is pretty reasonable, you could go for trinket, off-hand, belt, boots and weapon upgrade.

Trinket of course.

Which offhand/boots do you suggest? I'm up in the air on which ones to try to pick up

Well, either surplus limb if you need the hit or the accursed spine or the patriarch spawn, all which are really close.

Boots, not sure, arcane tramplers most likely.

Alrighty, thanks man!

I'll leave this open to anyone else that would like to throw their suggestions at me =]

Well, this guy just made a list of best in slot items, so you might have a look there: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=36471.0

Well mainly what comes to my attention on your armory is your gemming. Shame shame shame on you for gemming crit. It's like the 4th stat down the line of priority. SP, Haste and Spirit are all superior stats.

I understand that you want to pick up some of the bonuses, like the 8 haste from your headpc, but slapping in a 9SP/8Haste gem would be quite a bit better for your dps. Same goes for your pants.
    Would prolly go with 19SP in chest, since 3 crit rating is not worth gemming for. Same with bracers, you are gonna get more benefit in terms of output from 9 extra dmg than 4 extra spirit.

I'm not sure if it's because you run without SP/Boomkin, but your hit is VERY high. It's even above the absolute cap. You could prolly switch our your hit trinket for a SP one without even noticing it if you run with misery/IFF.

Just off the top of my head.

Hmm, hadn't really checked the gems, but yeah, you're right, gemming anything but 19 SP as affli is bad.
    If you get the 25 SP meta with 2% int you are best off, it only requires at least 3 red gems.

What kind of dps are you getting on something like patch 25?

I fixed up most of my gemming issues. I'm gonna grab the badge belt.

Uhh, my DPS is around 3900-4200 depending on what we bring with us.