26/45/0 holy spec?

Just wondering what people thought of this spec:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=000000000000

You get 15% int and the spirit buff, not to mention 10% off of instant spells.

Although its still amazing Coh is not a powerful as it was before, the only thing i would like is going to a 10 second cd on pom.

thoughts and concerns..

Re: 0/26/45 holy spec?

26/45/0

Still say 57/14/0 or 14/57/0 is more superior than ur tbh.
    Since heroics I've not had any mana probs with both disc(no kidding) and holy.

Re: 26/45/0 holy spec?

I'd personally do 23/48/0 , for Improved Divine Spirit, unless you got a elemental shaman in the raid, http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbkhxzbZfxxcbMqiuVho

I think it's a great build for mana efficiency, and/or healing 5/10man dungeons. Usually I recomend it to people gearing up.

And oh hai from Deathwing, Celebess.

If your gonna get DS, it's silly not to get ImpDS... I'd take 2 points out of Healing Focus.

But as previous poster stated... 57/14 or 14/57 is generally a better spec.

At the end of the day tho... it boils down to whether you want to trade YOUR healing power for a group/raid buff. In a 5man, odds are 2 people won't use the buff, or will get limited use. In a 10/25, there might be a disc priest or an aforementioned shaman.

I did 23/38/0 for the longest time. I switched too 14/47/0 (and now 14/57) when I needed to step up and pull more of my weight on harder content. Sure that extra oomph ain't needed in groups, most heroics and alot of raid content... but when it is BAM it's there.
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

Quote Originally Posted by Celebess
    Still say 57/14/0 or 14/57/0 is more superior than ur tbh.
    Since heroics I've not had any mana probs with both disc(no kidding) and holy.
    Imo with a disc spec you will have more advantage with you're mana, since whenever you heal a target that have lost any health, you will have the talent called "rapture" and you will regain much of the mana you used to heal it up. but with a holy spec you will only regain mana when you overheal you're target. So if you have any mana issues when you are running Heroic's or raids. Disc is the spec for you. atleast it is imo.
    My disc spec is: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxIbzhxtrxoVbotfbtcc
    As you see i'm one of those priests that is trying to get as much spirit as I can

I actually think that the OP's spec is good. I've used a similar 27/44/0 (skipping one point Mental Strength and one point Spiritual Guidance to pick up Focused Power). It's the hybrid spec I've liked the best so far and has really nice big heals as well as that extra int and instant spell cost reduction. I think I prefer 14/57 for a little better aoe-healing in 25 mans, but 27/44 is definately a contender.

I can see why you'd really like DS but i'm not convinced that 80 SP is worth 2 talents points... sure you give 80 SP to your raid but I can't think of an enrage timer in the current content that demands your raid to have this buff. I also don't like having to give up the reduced CD on PoM and I suspect that the lack of Imp HC would cost you a fair amount of the mana gained from having DS. You also have 10% less cost to instant spells... personally I don't think it's worth it on a spell that now has a 6 sec CD that I dont' use every CD (when holy) and another on a 10 sec CD (with this build) that only costs about 550 mana to begin with.

Sure you could probably use math to prove it is more effecient but even with Holy offset gear that has about 1.1K int and 1K spirit with a 19K mana pool I can't seem to go oom chain casting and doing around 2200 to 2400 HPS.

Perhaps being more effecient will be required in future content or maybe that's a decent intro gear spec... but I think the deep 14/57 or 13/58 spec is a lot more powerful.

Yes indeed the holy spec is way more powerful than the disc spec. And yes it's fun to see 20k+ crit with your greater heal. With GS ofc. But still giving the other spell caster a little extra buff every 1min and 40 sec. PI. and still I think that pennance is the best healing spell ingame. it heals for 8-9k with hits, and costs 200-300 if you count with rapture. and it is a 2 sec cast without any haste. event tho I don't get oom during any fight in naxx/malygos etc etc. I still think disc is the way to go. maybe because I played shadow durring BC and never really tried Holy.

I think disc is widely undervalued and I agree with you that Penance is quite possibly the best heal spell in the game but the trade off is that it does have an 8 to 10 sec CD (depending on talents).

It's different healing... Disc is very single target oreinted while Holy has the ability to heal multiple people quickly or single target... I like both for different reasons but after healing recently i've seemed to enjoy Holy a lot more. Maybe its coz I only heal 10man raids (shadow is my main spec) and single target healing in 10man with overgeared tanks is very boring... people are always trying to get themselved killed in 10man raids and thus I seem to have more to do as Holy and as such enjoy it more.

We have a priest in our guild with almost the same spec as the OP. He holds his own and it works for him. I say as long as your not sacrificing something that's Priest essential then give it a shot. Personally I have held the belief that I am a priest and I heal, so I spend my points in talents on Healing ability's. But that's just me

The spirit buff is utterly worthless. Any shaman in the raid will provide more spell power through flametongue totem, and you can get scrolls that provide almost as much spirit, assuming you somehow manage to have mana problems in the first place.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter
    The spirit buff is utterly worthless. Any shaman in the raid will provide more spell power through flametongue totem, and you can get scrolls that provide almost as much spirit, assuming you somehow manage to have mana problems in the first place.
    Not to mention a Warlock's Felhunter brings a 64 spirit buff to our 80, they talent it to 70 (Affliction), and you forgot the Demonology's 10% Spellpower buff. Don't get me wrong here, Cattle, but the 80 Spirit is still the best buff in the game. Just a shame the 80 Spellpower is the worst.

My personal goal? Either give it a Blessing of Wisdom effect where it still can give mana to people like your prot/ret paladin, or your shamallamas, or boost the number to 250% spellpower, so we get 200 SP from it. 200, our 23 point talent for 200 sp. This is definitely better than a Shaman's Flametongue, still behind an Elemental's 41 point talent but that's fair enough. But hey, that's my 2copper's worth.

End Rant Edit: And to the original Post, targets WILL fall below 50%. The Holy Priest has ALWAYS been about making your heals big when they count the most. Test of Faith at 3/3, and plus after you get out of lolraidz that we're in now, mana is going to be a problem; IHC will help there. Then you're at 20/51, might as well bring yourself back to 14/57 at that point.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Warlocks don't use felhunters anymore. And in a 10man raid a shaman may not use Flametongue, hence why Imp. Divine Spirit can be good.

There's no reason to take it for 25man raiding, that's correct.

but the 80 Spirit is still the best buff in the game.
    You mean for the 3 classes that benefit from it, and the 7 who does not?

Where are you going to put 1 point that is going to make as much a difference in your raid than Divine Spirit? Nowhere, don't be dumb and act like its worthless. While the OP's spec suggestion may be questionable, the value of Divine Spirit is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Relina
    Where are you going to put 1 point that is going to make as much a difference in your raid than Divine Spirit? Nowhere, don't be dumb and act like its worthless. While the OP's spec suggestion may be questionable, the value of Divine Spirit is not.
    Sure - but the only way to get DS is to not get a bunch of other things.

And losing the other things for a buff that makes you not so good a healer doesn't make sense to me. If I go disc it's full disc. And Holy is Holy. sorry but in this case sitting on the fence does not make a good healer - even if it does give a minor buff to your raid

There is nothing wrong with a spec like that, if you feel more comfturble that way, that the 15% mana is needed, go for it. Atm i'm in some sort of boring status - since dec i've got the entire content on "farm" status (naxx 10m, 25m, malygos 10m,25m, OS 10m, 25m, were cleared on the first reset after wotlk came out, OS "hard mode" with 3 drakes up 25m and 10m were cleared and on farm since dec). I've been mainly a Holy priest (14/57) and a few times Discipline (55/16). I personaly won't recomend a "half-half" spec for pve raiding (if thats what you aim for), yet if you aim for casual (naxx 10m, 25m, malygos 10m 25m, OS 10m,25m, heroics) and don't include any "hard mode" achievement, or play in a casual/with friends/some are good some aren't guild - you can easly spec 26/45. If you play in a casual guild - go mainly heroics and 10ms, do some easy 25ms, this spec can serve you and your raid/party well. When it comes to "end gaming guilds" that "rush" threw new content and get world first/second/10th or w/e kill, i would recomend to go full holy (since you won't be needing in raids the extra mana - due to the raid buffs, and the spirit buff can easly be replaced with a shaman's totem + a warlocks pet. or a scroll even).

I was riding a Guardian Spirit spec for a bit. I just wasn't digging it. So, I'm rolling with this one now:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=010515030501

It seems to work just fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Relina
    Two points.

Surge of Light.