http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...s&n=Deathhaunt
    and spec :
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...s&n=Deathhaunt

I am deep afflic and uses the following Glyph :
    - Glyph of Corruption
    - Glyph of Immolate
    - Glyph of Siphon Life

My rotation is as followed :
    SB, Haunt, UA, Immo,corr, CoA, SL,..... filter with SB and once 24% filter with Drain Soul. I try to keep 2 stack of S.E up...
    I use CoE if there is no unholy dk or moonkin around in 25 or 10 mans, else i use CoA.

I try not to clip my dots and i refreshes my haunt to keep corrup on all the times. I am able to only achieve 2.5k DPS on dummy.

I assume the above following are what i should do as a afflic lock as what other post and forums says, but i am doing very low DPS. A current 25man on patch shows me barely hitting 3k dps with felhound out. I think i only am able to hit 2.2k - 2.5k on 10 man. I have a few questions and i hope i could seek some answers here.

• Which pet would be a better choice in raid and in patch fight? Felhound, imp or doomguard? Maybe doom for patch (only last 15 mins after summon) and imp for raid? Is Fel intel a impt buff to the raid? ??? I was also thinking if I should use Inferno for spider wing due to lots of trash adds in big grp i can burn with the passive immo from Inferno. ???

• I am planning to get the extra 3% hit off Shadow priest's Misery and remove my Mar of the War Prisoner Trinket to exchange Sundial of the Exiled because tat should help abit more DPS without missing any hit.

• Could someone point out where did i go wrong in terms of rotation,gear or spec cause i am last in DPS in guild... I am really kind of desperate to get more dps out and is planning to get inscription on prof to get the extra spell power on shoulder even...

• Is it possible to use Flask of the Frost Wyrm during Naxx fight and not shared cooldown with Speed Potion that i plan to use during boss fight when they fall below 25% hp ???

Thanks in advance. ;D

Re: What else did i miss out as a afflic lock??

Not a bad set of gear, but allow me to make a few suggestions. You need to get rid of the Corruption Glyph the CoA Glyph provides much more dps than the Corruption one.

Get the Ward of the Violet Citadel OH, its very cheap Heroic badge loot item. If you are having threat issues I would drop one point from Suppression and pot it in to imp Drain Soul as your hit is more than fine.

And if you aren't already use ForteXorsist for the spell timer, it can be configured to show you each dot tick. This is handy as you can more accuratly reapply the dots or know when you can stop channeling DS to move on to your next action.

So you know, Flasks do not share cool downs with Potions, and I would probably use Potion of Wild Magic as it has been given a buff (200sp 200crit for 15sec), which I would pop either in Heroism/Bloodlust or anytime after 25%.

Do you use your infernal? if not do so, it lasts 1min now and despawns and does not need to be enslaved. Much the same for the Doomguard, do the quests by the reagents and enjoy the 900 odd dps he can bring you for 15mins on an hour CD.

And last but not least enjoy melting face!!

Re: What else did i miss out as a afflic lock?? Pls help

I am having the same issues. My dps is very low, much more than i expected ( i know my gear sucks, and i have many improvements to make). The major problem i notice within heroics, it almost becomes more effective for me to just AoE through the zone, and not worry about dots (depending on grp ofc.)

My Armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Dalaran&n=Nort

My Spec:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...Dalaran&n=Nort

I use this rotation: SB > Haunt> UA> CoA > SL > Cor.> Imm > SB or Haunt

I know i need some more hit gear. I have 51 Emblems of Heroism, so I was gonna get the T7 chest. Other than that upgrade, what items should I be looking for to maximize my dps in 5 mans and later 10/25 man raids.

Thank you soo much for your help.

-Nort

Deleted

Can't see anything wrong with your spec or rotation, your gear looks fine too.

Can you post a WWS or something to have a look at? Most of what the guy above said is good advice so no need for me to repeat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyslipers
    Think of UA and Immo as one spell, cast them together

SB>Haunt>UA>Immo>Coa>Corr>SL then SB as filler and keep Haunt and other dots as well

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyslipers
    I am having the same issues. My dps is very low, much more than i expected ( i know my gear sucks, and i have many improvements to make). The major problem i notice within heroics, it almost becomes more effective for me to just AoE through the zone, and not worry about dots (depending on grp ofc.)

My Armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Dalaran&n=Nort

My Spec:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...Dalaran&n=Nort

I know i need some more hit gear. I have 51 Emblems of Heroism, so I was gonna get the T7 chest. Other than that upgrade, what items should I be looking for to maximize my dps in 5 mans and later 10/25 man raids.

Thank you soo much for your help.

-Nort
    Seriously need more hit gear, makes alot of difference. Consolidate your rotation by changing it to SB > Haunt > UA > Immo > Corr > CoA > SL

With a CoA glyph you will have a similar dot length as SL so they can generally be cast together, UA and Immo already have the same length so can be cast together aswell. A note on casting immo, i beleive its still bugged, if you clip it, it will not reapply the dot part. Drop improved imp and use a felhunter, use those points to get a point in Molten Core, makes a decent boost to immolate dot coupled with the glyph.

You didnt say what glyphs you use, but best ones are CoA, Immo, SL.

Quote Originally Posted by rakkeh
    Can't see anything wrong with your spec or rotation, your gear looks fine too.

Can you post a WWS or something to have a look at? Most of what the guy above said is good advice so no need for me to repeat it.

Most??? :P

I'm happy to give advice and I'm also happy to learn so feel free to correct me or add anything that I missed.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Moregorl

Most??? :P

I'm happy to give advice and I'm also happy to learn so feel free to correct me or add anything that I missed.
    Heh, sorry. I didn't mean it to sound like you had said something wrong. I just disagreed with the bit about the offhand which i forgot to mention, his offhand is fine imo.

rakkeh, i will post a wws the moment i reach home. Currently working night shift now ;D

Moregorl, is the CoA glyph better then the nightfall one now? Because from what i read the nightfall one still shines while the maths is being done on the new CoA glyph.

As for Ward of the Violet Citadel, i have it in my bag and the reason i change to this Naxx offhand is due to i have enough hits and i wanted more spellpower from spirit. Correct me if i am wrong about this. Thanks for the info on flask do not share cd on potions. Will check out ForteXorsist whem i am home too

The CoA glyph in current form is better till we get a certail amount of SP to make the Corr better again, the math on what that sp level is is still being done. But one of the benfits of the CoA Glyph is that it makes managing your rotation a lot easier. Once u get Sundial, I would swap back to the Ward of the Violet Citadel, I see your point.

Roger tat. I will change to CoA once i get home. Btw i already have sundial in my bag as well, i replace it with the "healer trinket : (egg) which most of my guildies strongly disagree with me because I think direct spell power will help afflic more not trinket that proc. ;D i am not a lazy lock :P

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t37900-d...arlock_thread/

This is your friend come to know and love it...

Though do note that they weigh hit fairly highly for dps, rightly so. but once your hit capped the choices are a little blurred.

But yeah you are right about the sundial being better than then Egg.

Moregorl i meant egg better then sundial Because egg proc on fel armour and gives me a 100% constant sp of 98 while the sundial helps crits(not so impt at this stage imo) and only helps when proc.

and yes i have read that ej thread already and been practising on dummy with that rotation but does not seems to help.

Dummy is not the best pace to test dps, but it is a good place to practice rotation. Go nuts on Dr Boom if you want to have some fun.

Well as for the sundial/egg debate, EJ seems to go with the sundial. I have Dragon Soul and DMCeath, will be swapping to Mark of the war prisoner until i get my Dying Curse, which hopefully is tonight... DMCeath was much better when it was 85 Haste not 85 Crit as it is now.

Assuming you have access to a moonkin or spriest in your raid, you are 3% over budget on hit. The blue gem on your pants trades 10sp for 12stam and 6 crit, which is a dps loss. Need to get icewalker for your boots. Your missing second profession is costing you ~37 spell power. Switch your meta for a 25 spell power 2% increased intellect (only requires red gems, which is the only kind you want).

zey, Thanks for informing me about the meta gem that only requires red gem.

Will be posting dummy dps and dr boom dps soon.

Well this is my Dr boom wws chat. Pls comment. I wanna improve.

http://wowwebstats.com/bftaujcpcxe5s?a=x22cf0d4

bump

Quote Originally Posted by kikkosan
    Moregorl i meant egg better then sundial Because egg proc on fel armour and gives me a 100% constant sp of 98 while the sundial helps crits(not so impt at this stage imo) and only helps when proc.

and yes i have read that ej thread already and been practising on dummy with that rotation but does not seems to help.
    As of hotfix / patch EGG no longer procs on fel armor... /weep

faidwen thanks for updating me on that info. I still think the 98 pure spell power is of good use. I guess i stick to this trinket till spider of the embrance drops for me.

Anyone have any positive or negetive comment on my wws on dr boom?