Deleted

Improved Divine Spirit

Hi there.

Normaly i play a Warlock and i know that Dmonic Pact Doesnt stack with Shamans Totem of Wrath.
    So my question is: Does Improved Divine Spirit Stack with Demonic Pact or Totem of Wrath ??

EDIT: Changed Demonic Empathy -> Demonic Pact....

Re: Improved Divine Spirit

I'm confused... IDS is 80 SP... how is that the same or how can you think it stacks with 3% more damage? I guess the quick answer is you get both buffs but they don't stack as they aren't the same type of buff.

Deleted

Sry for that one, do understand why you are confused...

I was a bit to fast the Warlock spell that i ment is Demonic Pact and not Demonic Empathy.

My bad..

15+ Year Old Account

No, buffs that add the same effect doesn't stack.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

It did in TBC patch 3.0, but was nerfed soon.

So no, totems are 2x better.

None of the three stack, though words from GC lately suggest with 3.1 we'll be seeing IDS much closer to the other two, IE, it needs to be competetive.

Deleted

Ok, Thx..
    So for raids no need to spec into IDS, but usefull in 5 mand instances, where its not sure that a lock or a shaman will be there.

Actually, GC has made it pretty clear that IDS is probably getting axed. That talent range for going Disc is pretty much an utter wasteland of talent points. It'll get changed.

Tbh I love having 1 disc priest in raids atm for the IPS. It gives an easy 80 spellpower to all casters and 80 spirit which for a Dp (which I am) is an extra nice buff. Next to that Disc is still quite oke to have as a healer and with little things like Power Infusion Its quite cool :P. Of course they are not the strongest healers out there, but they make that up with some nice raid abilities.

Next to that, We will have to wait what the Ulduar patch will bring us seeing we got a blue message last week or so stating that we could expect some changes to priests. Nothing is known about what is being changed, but my guesses are the Hymns (for sure, they are shit as we all know), Probably some changes in the disc tree seeing blizzard wasnt really happy with and what not to finally get us back to a proper class in every spec possible. (SP finally being able to do some stuff in PVP, Disc being a better PVE healer as well, And holy boosting a bit seeing the COH change brought some major healing changes with it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    Tbh I love having 1 disc priest in raids atm for the IPS. It gives an easy 80 spellpower to all casters and 80 spirit which for a Dp (which I am) is an extra nice buff.
    You get more from Flametongue totem. I think the chance of having a resto shaman in your raid is higher than having a disciplin priest.

Next to that Disc is still quite oke to have as a healer and with little things like Power Infusion Its quite cool :P. Of course they are not the strongest healers out there, but they make that up with some nice raid abilities.
    Disciplin is the strongest single target direct healer. And mana-regen from Rupture is really insane.

But it's alot harder to play than just faceroll CoH and PoM.

Disciplin is the strongest single target direct healer. And mana-regen from Rupture is really insane.
    I might make an arguement that while as a general theory yes Disc should be the strongest single target healer, but most of the palladins I know are by far the strongest single target healers I have known, boring perhaps, but strong based on the fact that they can spam a single heal on their target for such a great length of time, that in most fights the tank wont die.

And while I would agree disc is to some level more difficult to play then holy, that is generally only true if your referencing the people who do only use two heals to heal everyone, instead of alternating between several. I'm holy personally but I enjoy the disc style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    You get more from Flametongue totem. I think the chance of having a resto shaman in your raid is higher than having a disciplin priest.

Am I not correct to say that the totem and spirit buff stack? At least I thought so. But on the other side the 80 spirit also gives us more dmg due to our shd talents ^^.

Of course Disc is much harder to heal with, it actually requires people to know the class than banging their heads on a keyboard. (Dont try this, you will be replacing your keyboard on a weekly basis -.-" ).

The spirit part yes, because the totem don't give spirit. But it was the extra spellpower that didden't stack.

Spirit on the other hand, don't stack with a Felhunter (most warlocks use their Imp anyway).

The spirit part yes, because the totem don't give spirit. But it was the extra spellpower that didden't stack.

Spirit on the other hand, don't stack with a Felhunter (most warlocks use their Imp anyway).
    The spirit doesn't stack but iirc, Divine Spirit is slightly more Spirit than Fel Intelligence.

So it does have some small value, I pick it up when specing Disc but not as Holy.

Flametongue Totem don't give spirit. That was my point.

Divine Spirit is slightly more Spirit than Fel Intelligence.
    Oh, I remembered it was opposit.

i know this isnt the point of the thread but i really disagree, Disc means u never worry about mana...Holy is (was) all about managing mana.

but hey who cares right? lol