6,700 dps on Patch -- Arcane still strong

We snagged the fastest Patchwerk kill on WWS tonight with a 1 minute 51 second kill.

The two arcane mages were the top two, at about 6,700 dps. Not too shabby!

(edit) WWS of Patchwerk: http://wowwebstats.com/kebtyff14q6xw?s=280163-299804

I put together a video to help answer questions about how to get the most out of Arcane:

http://www.stratfu.com/strats/ArcaneMage

That page has the YouTube video, and also has a strategy guide to help with gearing, rotations (including what to do when you think you're running out of mana), cooldowns, etc.

I know it's old hat to a lot of people reading here, but it may be useful for mages who haven't made the arcane jump, who want to know what the best rotation is, or other sorts of questions about arcane.

Hope it helps!

Re: 6,700 dps on Patch -- Arcane still strong

just wondering...how do you wipe on anub...and noth...and patch 7 times? and then suddenly get super dps?

Good to know that Arcane is still great as I've reglyphed/regemmed etc, and enjoy the playstyle more.

Perhaps they were going for WWS record and wiped Patch attempts if they failed to beat it.

Wouldn't this be more suited to the Mage forum though?

Edit: noticed there's one on Mage forum too, probably slightly too class specific for Raids and Dungeons though.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhugger
    just wondering...how do you wipe on anub...and noth...and patch 7 times? and then suddenly get super dps?
    If you watch the wws it seems like they used 2 healers, maybe thats why they wiped?

20k Mana regenerated through fight is like an additional mana pool. i also don't see any evocation. On top of this looks like you really spammed Arcane Blast only.

Deleted

Cos they're going for records and wiping when they won't make it >_>?

Quote Originally Posted by kworalsoa
    20k Mana regenerated through fight is like an additional mana pool. i also don't see any evocation. On top of this looks like you really spammed Arcane Blast only.
    I used the standard rotation: ABx3, ABarr, with AM on missile barrage proc.

If I knew I'd have extra mana, I'd do extra AB's during cooldowns -- but that's how you play arcane.

As the guide says (http://www.stratfu.com/strats/ArcaneMage), you definitely get to take advantage of obscenely short fights as Arcane, I'm not saying you'd do 6700 dps on a 10-minute fight. But that's actually the point: to highlight how you can adjust your mana and rotation to take advantage of the situation to some degree.

Disconnects on Anub and Noth, so we chose to wipe them to be at full strength.

Patch was a series of wipes due to the retadin charging in too soon so taking a hateful, and the hateful tank not always getting topped off enough. We switched to shaman/paladin and the retadin chilled for another second, and Patch died.

We still and an enh go over the OT's threat on the kill, but he ankh'd and we continued.

Let me put it like this: when all the content was finished over a month ago, when you already have immortal, when you're waiting for Ulduar..... you don't mind wiping a bunch of it means a chance to try to push high dps numbers .

15+ Year Old Account

Arcane is a little Op right now I think.

I had proof of this yesterday when me and my moonkin brother were at razorhill for the elder..flagged of course.. some arcane mage comes out of no where and kills both of us in seconds. yes we both have little to no resilience but neither did he.. he was in raid gear.. wicked embarrassing.

Nothing is jumping out at me as to how Jarlyn got a 22k crit. I was comparing my guilds WWS and my guilds arc mage is just about 400dmg off avg non-crit arc blasts but his highest crit is only about 13k.

kyth got a 21k arcane blast and a 20k arcane barrage..

Hi there, DPS numbers from 1 minute 50 second Patchwerk kills are meaningless, that is all.

Grats on the kill though.

6,698 < 6,700 LIAR!!!
    Breshin - Level 80 Tauren Enhancement Shaman
    [url=http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Legion&n=Chocomilk]Chocomilk - Level 80 Tauren Protection Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Arcane is a little Op right now I think.

I had proof of this yesterday when me and my moonkin brother were at razorhill for the elder..flagged of course.. some arcane mage comes out of no where and kills both of us in seconds. yes we both have little to no resilience but neither did he.. he was in raid gear.. wicked embarrassing.
    When all parties are wearing PvE gear, chances are the side to initiate combat will always win.&#160; Especially when class/spec initiating combat has chosen to sacrifice a ton of anti-melee survivability for extra on-demand burst, and you are likely wearing low-hp no-resilience gear, in a low-survivability spec.

I am in no way arguing that Arcane is or is not overpowered in PvE or PvP, but your anecdote probably has very little value in that determination.&#160; Or put another way, in the situation you described, I could probably have killed you and your friend with a PvE FFB spec (blowing all my burst cooldowns of course), which is a demonstrably horrible pvp spec.

Blizzard does not balance PvP for players in PvE gear, nor do they balance PvE for players in PvP gear.&#160;

After looking at this for a while I finally noticed something, all the casters are critting between 50 to upwards of 70% of the time, even the hunters have around 50%+ auto-shoot and dks ahave auto-swing crits around 50%

Im not sure if my guild is just terribly unlucky with crits or what but how is it that you guys seem to have the luckiest crit strings of all tme?

gz on the fast kill. that's some very nice all round dps for a guild