Chaos Bolt ----> Immune

The other day in WSG, a Rogue was "Immune" to my Chaos Bolt. This was quite confusing for a few reasons:

1.) I'm fairly certain he did not use CloS, and even if he did it should have registered as a miss rather than an immunity, and

2.) I recall reading somewhere that Chaos Bolt pierces the effects of CloS as it is.

Can anyone shed some light on this? If it helps he was at least 51 pts into combat as I was Killing Spree'd shortly after he was immune to my 51 point talent spell.

Re: Chaos Bolt ----> Immune

Bumpity bump.

Read your tooltips . It can't be resisted or absorbed. They took off the immunity part because it made the spell vaguely useful in PVP.

He will probably have been bubbled or something. I've seen it before now.

rogues dosnt have imunetys to magic. they have CoS that makes you 90% less likly to hit or something

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidine
    Read your tooltips . It can't be resisted or absorbed. They took off the immunity part because it made the spell vaguely useful in PVP.

He will probably have been bubbled or something. I've seen it before now.
    A bubbled rogue that's immune to spells? The only bubble (that grants immunity) a rogue can gain is HoP and that's physical damage.

Quote Originally Posted by custos
    rogues dosnt have imunetys to magic. they have CoS that makes you 90% less likly to hit or something
    Chaos bolt hits through CloS. If it's misses, then you're not hit capped for pvp/racials.

i've met quite a few rogues that got immune to my spells on random occasions - such as immolate, i even remember where it was and what race the bloody rogue was, even tho it's been a few months

If he vanished at the exact moment just prior to impact, they get a very short period of immunity.

This can be used in boss fights like Maexxna too for web wraps.. or in that quest where the lich king supoosedly kills you in icecrown... got a screenshot somewhere of that 1 but cba to find it.
    Macho, Druid
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Macho

Slashyo, Rogue (alt)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Slashyo

Quote Originally Posted by deadlockk
    If he vanished at the exact moment just prior to impact, they get a very short period of immunity.

This can be used in boss fights like Maexxna too for web wraps.. or in that quest where the lich king supoosedly kills you in icecrown... got a screenshot somewhere of that 1 but cba to find it.
    ^^ This explains it. Thank you sir.