High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

4 horsemen back bosses question

How much time do you have before the back bosses cast their raid wide damage spell when someone is not in range?

I have never been a back tank, and I don't think I have ever heard anyone say it.

Tank1 ---------->
    <Lady> <Zel>
    <------------Tank2

What if Tank2 is a little slow during the switch, so both back tanks are in the aggro range of only Zel?

How time does Tank2 have to run over to Lady before she casts her raid wide damage spell?

Also, do their aggro zones over lap like 2 circles that overlap to share a common aggro area?

Thank you for your assistance!

Re: 4 horsemen back bosses question

The encounter is very forgiving, you'll need to be very far out of range for a while before they start pwning the raid.

I had a chance to personally experience just how forgiving - I did a naxx10 encounter to gear up an IRL friend with my guild, but we called it just before horsemen, intending to finish it later in the week.

Of course, the guildies I did it with being the shits they are, didn't bother to turn up so we had to PUG 6 people (luckily, we still had MT and 3 healers from the guild). We went straight to horsemen and hilarity ensued, or course (The Death Knight insisted that the way it should be done was to round them up and AoE them down...), with the hunter at the back assigned to range tanking being incapable of switching with me.

Once I got to 3 stacks, I ran over to Zeliek, and the hunter thought he'd stay. After about 5 seconds me standing near him screaming: "MOVE! MOVE!", did he switch. In this time the raid didn't get any damage at all, and we proceeded to a kill.

So I think you'll be fine.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Thanks that's good to know.

sounds more like they nerfed it some time ago imo, it wasnt that forgiving, when we were on 4h in first weeks after release, back then it was like 1-2 attacks and then already aoeing raid.

The back-tank switch is kinda forgiving so you shouldnt have problem on this side.

But at the beginning of the fight, you gotta be at your spot really fast to avoid the raid taking lots of dmg raid-wide.

So yeah, if you're tanking the back, you can simply hug the right and left wall, and run up to the back of the room, before to start the event. So when you start the fight, you're 100% sure the tanks are already in their spot, and the raid wont get hit by any raid-wide dmg.
    Retired.Main:Gotts.80Warrior
    Retired.Alt:Xarathor.80Shaman
    Retired.Alt:Lurked.80Mage
    Retired.Alt:Cowned.80Druid

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lurked
    The back-tank switch is kinda forgiving so you shouldnt have problem on this side.

But at the beginning of the fight, you gotta be at your spot really fast to avoid the raid taking lots of dmg raid-wide.

So yeah, if you're tanking the back, you can simply hug the right and left wall, and run up to the back of the room, before to start the event. So when you start the fight, you're 100% sure the tanks are already in their spot, and the raid wont get hit by any raid-wide dmg.
    Yea, I was familar with that. I just just concerned about the switching after 3 marks.

I have another question that I just thought of: (See Diagram below)

For the back 2 tanks, is it possible for each of them to remain in aggro range, only gets marks from 1 boss, but still be close enough to each other for a healer (tank1) to heal tank2 (moonkin)? For example: holy pally on Lady, then a moonkin on Zel (running 3 healers in the Naxx10 raid). Can a moonkin be close enough to get healed by say a holy pally?

Also, as far as a holy pally is concern, can the other tank be close enough to the pally for beacon to work? Can the pally heal the moonkin, then beacon them self?

Thanks for your replies. I really appreciate them.

/ \ Healing \
    / \ zone \
    / \ \
    / Aggro \ \
    / zone \ \
    |<Lady> Tank1 | Tank2 | <Zel>
    \ / /
    \ / /
    \ / /
    \ / /
    ______\_________/ /
    \ /
    \___________________/

Yea, one of the back tanks can heal the other one. We've done that before on 10 man.

The best tanks in heroic IMO are actually a couple of holy palas. If the cast beacon on each other, they can heal through the damage easily.

In 10-man we usually have resto shaman + anyone (pref. a lock or SP who can heal himself a bit) tanking the bosses. The shamans watershield gives so much mana back that he can spam healing way way longer then it takes to kill the bosses.

And btw, use the eye-portal-thingie as you landmark, if you stand right on it, you get marks from both the bosses.

15+ Year Old Account

we just have 2 people healing themselves (and some assistance on 25 man) through the damage. it's not a dps race. also, the marks seem to bug or get resisted sometimes so when either of you get 3, call out on vent or whatever and switch. you don't have to worry about the raid wide pwnage really.