New to Priests. Requesting for advice about Holy Specs from 70-80.

Hey guys, I am about to hit 70 and I have decided to go holy but I have no clue on what specs to try out or which one would be best for solo leveling and also healing pre-80 instances at the same time. If any could give me any help whatsoever, I would gladly appreciate it. I will look at each answer and advice carefully and take everything into consideration. Thanks!

Re: New to Priests. Requesting for advice about Holy Specs from 70-80.

Go shadow. Holy won't benefit you in any possible way.

It's slower soloing, and the healing in instances is not alot different from that of a shadowpriests. Learn to use PoM, renew and shield.

First of all, i highly suggest you to go shadow, it is the fastest one. If you really hate shadow, i will suggest going disc. instead of holy. You will still have awesome healing capabilities but you can also deal some nice damage while leveling.
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    That wouldn't work, Orc's and Human's have a different number of chromosomes.
    WoW: The only fictional world where chromosomes matter.

As my main is a holy priest i would have to agree holy isnt very good for leveling. If you want a good spec to level and still want to heal instances up to 80 i would recomend disc with full points in spirit tap. That way you still have awesome healing power, wont run oom while soloing and is very fun to play

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Go shadow. Holy won't benefit you in any possible way.

It's slower soloing, and the healing in instances is not alot different from that of a shadowpriests. Learn to use PoM, renew and shield.
    I completely agree, until you hit 80, go shadow. You'll find that you will not do many instances until you are 80 and even when you do, your healing while shadow spec will be more than sufficient. That extra omph provided to healing from the holy tree is not needed at all until you hit end game instances and the speed at which shadow levels is far greater than holy, mostly because of the great ways to get mana back (way less downtime spent drinking) and increased damage.

Since i am lvl 60 I am diszi/holy and have the 3 points in manareg in shadow tree after killing a mob.

Now i am 78. Leveling and questing was easy. I did a lot of insances, too.
    Well Shadow is surely a little bit easier. but i was confident with it and i still am.

You must be one of those very patient people.

I went disc for some arena back at 70 and then the next day when for my netherwing dailies and gave up annoyed at how long it took me to kill single lvl 70 mobs. I respeced halfway through a quest and went back to killing in seconds

I lvled my priest as holy the whole way prepatch (ie. coh nerf). If you decide to level as holy, look into possibly getting lightwell temporarily. You can lay a lightwell down in the middle of the area, clear a few mobs, use it, clear a few more, use it, etc. That way you will waste less mana healing yourself. Holy will have the most mana issues of the 3 specs, so get a mage in guild or in a bg to give you some biscuits. Disc is probably a better spec than holy if you don't want to go shadow since it's very mana efficient, especially when combined with spirit tap.

i would go disc, its awesome for leveling, nice damage + awesome heals if u ever wanna heal an instance you wont have to respec from shadow