Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Mutilate Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Gondir
    Acutally it's quite easy, as you stealth you gain an unlimited overkill ( no duration ).
    As soon as you start fighting the unlimited overkill fades an you gain the actual 20sec. buff.

so each vanish results in 2 log entries.
    so, why do other rogues, who use the same pattern get only 3 overkills in a 4min fight?
    overkill is overkill, permanent or not, it is the same buff why would the log split that into seperate buffs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Davantius
    However, I have now learnt that Belguim is on the east side of Germany not the west so thanks for the correction

My logs are private so I can't show you it, but tonight my log says the same thing. 5 overkills...

My assumption is it only counts 1 for coming out of stealth because that's when the log starts, but two for vanish because vanish actually takes you out of combat so u gain the everlasting one, then come back into the fight and gain the timed one. It's not a hack, just a slight bug in world of logs..

And his dps is very high but nothing out of the ordinary. The fight length was very short and he did receive a hysteria at some point. His gear is also almost all 258.

Great dps! but certainly no hacker.

What I'd like to know is do their druids purposely keep rejuv rolling on their rogues for the revitalize talent. On my world of logs parse, I have 120 energy gained from Revitalize. Our kill was 5:22 which is because we run two 25 mans for the max amount of loot with frankenstein groups, basically consisting of 1/3 alts. My dps was 10200 and some change.

His kill was almost 2 minutes shorter yet he received 360 energy from revitalize. (240 more) Now I've thought about this spell a lot because it's pretty amazing for the dps boost but i was never under the impression that it worked without taking dmg. After looking at his parse it seems he barely took any dmg the entire fight. I'll certainly be asking my druids to include me into their full time rotation from now on.

60% uptime on his rejuvenation after closer inspection

Your answer is enough to satisfy my curiousity Rejuvenation is a wonderful spell isn't it? ^^
    Active: Monk
    Active: Rogue
    Active: Paladin
    Inactive: Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Foker
    My assumption is it only counts 1 for coming out of stealth because that's when the log starts, but two for vanish because vanish actually takes you out of combat so u gain the everlasting one, then come back into the fight and gain the timed one. It's not a hack, just a slight bug in world of logs..
    I thought this was self explanatory, since the first overkill gain would have taken place before logging started.

Quote Originally Posted by Lind
    so, why do other rogues, who use the same pattern get only 3 overkills in a 4min fight?
    overkill is overkill, permanent or not, it is the same buff why would the log split that into seperate buffs?
    Perhaps they were not vanishing right after the first overkill faded ( 20-30 sec into the fight ) thus resulting with vanish being on cd too long. ( 4 min fight 3 min cd, you'd have to use vanish within the first minute )

BTW there are 3 overkill buffs listed in the spell db, the permanent one, the 20 sec one and the old one which applied the -10 energy modifier.

indeed, my mistake gondir.
    but nice to have an answer (:
    Quote Originally Posted by Davantius
    However, I have now learnt that Belguim is on the east side of Germany not the west so thanks for the correction

Quote Originally Posted by Mica
    You can snd at 1 point as long as you refresh it with an envenom before it falls off, it always refreshes to the 5cp duration.
    So Garrote > HfB > Mutilate > SnD > Muti(s) > Envenom > Mutis > Rupture > Keep HfB, SnD, and Rupture up, using Envenom as filler to refresh SnD?

Btw, does Ruthlessness stack with Seal Fate?

(As In, if you crit with a finishing move, does it give a chance to give 2 combo points, or just 1?)

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    So Garrote > HfB > Mutilate > SnD > Muti(s) > Envenom > Mutis > Rupture > Keep HfB, SnD, and Rupture up, using Envenom as filler to refresh SnD?

Btw, does Ruthlessness stack with Seal Fate?

(As In, if you crit with a finishing move, does it give a chance to give 2 combo points, or just 1?)
    The rotation is something like this: Garrote, HfB, SnD, Mutilate, Envenom, Rupture(only if there's no other class keeping bleeds up and only when HfB is about to fall off) Mutilate(s), Envenom(s).

Ruthlessness = Finishing Moves (Envenom, Rupture, Eviscerate, Expose Armor etc..)

Seal Fate = Combo Moves (those who generate combo points, Mutilate, Sinister Strike, Hemorrhage etc..)

Deleted

What gem should i stack in T10?

Quote Originally Posted by GaFFron
    What gem should i stack in T10?
    You should first change your spec to 51/18/2.

And for gems Red/Blue = 40AP Yellow = 20AP/10Haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaizuko
    The rotation is something like this: Garrote, HfB, SnD, Mutilate, Envenom, Rupture(only if there's no other class keeping bleeds up and only when HfB is about to fall off) Mutilate(s), Envenom(s).

Ruthlessness = Finishing Moves (Envenom, Rupture, Eviscerate, Expose Armor etc..)

Seal Fate = Combo Moves (those who generate combo points, Mutilate, Sinister Strike, Hemorrhage etc..)
    I know what the skills mean. It says that abilities that add combo points have a chance to add an additional one. With Ruthlessness, it grants finishing moves a chance to give an extra one.

My question was, if say Envenom crits, and Ruthelessness procs, does it give 2 combo points, or still just 1?

Im still trying to understand why mut rogues are saying garrote as an opener? I guess if you have no other bleed classes which in a raid setting is highly unlikely. Mutliate > Garrote as an opener especially now that we dont take Blood splatter or Oppurtunity. Missing literally like 1-2 seconds of no hfb because the other bleed classes (warrior charging lol) havent opened yet is not worse than dealing 2k dmg and only generating 1 cp when mut will get you usually 3, do alot more damage, and proc poisons, and not require you to be behind the target.

Again all this is null if you dont raid with feral druid / arms or fury war / hunter with pet bleeds, which is unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

I know what the skills mean. It says that abilities that add combo points have a chance to add an additional one. With Ruthlessness, it grants finishing moves a chance to give an extra one.

My question was, if say Envenom crits, and Ruthelessness procs, does it give 2 combo points, or still just 1?
    It gives 1.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks
    Im still trying to understand why mut rogues are saying garrote as an opener?
    Using Garrote as an opener means that you remained stealthed until the very second you began the engagement. It means that you will spend as much time under Overkill as possible. It also immediately starts the bleed with a combo point. I tend to like Garrote-Hunger for Blood-Slice and Dice-Mutilate-Envenom as an opener. This gets me buffed in the shortest time I can think of and gets SnD up to is maximum duration quickly. If I'm rediculously unlucky about procs I replace Mutilate with Shiv in the opener, but that's only if I can't get even one deadly proc (rare). After the opener I tend to go to a 4+ cycle.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shaizuko
    You should first change your spec to 51/18/2.
    Could you link mi this build?

I thought what I said before would give you the answer, well then I'll tell you bluntly.. NO! Only 1. Why? Because Envenom isn't a Combo Move, it's a Finisher.

Could you link mi this build?
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#f0ec0...xV0xcZb:ITpVcM Here you go.

Deleted

Should I change my build now or when ill get (2) bonus set T10?

Should I change my build now or when ill get (2) bonus set T10?
    Now

Deleted

And what about meta gem. Should i socket one blue gem to get bonus from meta or change meta gem?

What is rotation for this build? Should I use rupture like now. Im trying to keep in on boss then spam 4/5cp Evenom.
    Also im thinking about professions change:
    1. Should I?
    2. If yes what proffestions should i lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bael
    Using Garrote as an opener means that you remained stealthed until the very second you began the engagement. It means that you will spend as much time under Overkill as possible.
    Not understanding how this is different from opening with mutilate out of stealth..

Quote Originally Posted by Bael
    I tend to like Garrote-Hunger for Blood-Slice and Dice-Mutilate-Envenom as an opener.
    I raid with a dedicated arms war, and he charges and rends at the same time or even before I open. So my opener is this: Mutilate > Slice (3 cp slice usually) > HFB (this first or second dont really matter) > Mutilate to 4-5 (my slice is lasting alot longer so I can mut twice if needed) > Envenom. I pick slice b4 HFB because it gets deadly stacks up faster.

Basically what I'm saying is if you raid with a decent bleed class that applies their bleeds quickly as they should, mutilate is better in every way possible. More damage, more cps, more poisons, and if your tank fails at turning the boss quickly you can open faster without worrying about being behind the boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"