Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Mutilate Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by GaFFron
    And what about meta gem. Should i socket one blue gem to get bonus from meta or change meta gem?

What is rotation for this build? Should I use rupture like now. Im trying to keep in on boss then spam 4/5cp Evenom.
    Also im thinking about professions change:
    1. Should I?
    2. If yes what proffestions should i lvl.
    The meta gem you shall use is the 21 Agility 3% crit damage increase (Requirements: 1B 1Y 1R).
    There's a Jewelcrafting Prismatic gem that gives +10 All stats http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49110 (That's all you need for your Meta gem to work).

The rotation would be Garrote, HfB, SnD, Mutilate, Envenom, Mutilate(s), Envenom, Mutilate(s), Envenom, and so on. (If you don't have somene applying a bleed effect, you need to apply Rupture once every time your HfB is about to fall off.

Professions, as I know it Jewelcrafting is the most useful to have along with Blacksmithing, however Jewelcrafting and Leatherworking (this one gave 130 AP on wrists right?) is also good.
    Active: Monk
    Active: Rogue
    Active: Paladin
    Inactive: Warlock

Deleted

Thanks for help vey much.

Anytime

Quote Originally Posted by Shaizuko
    I thought what I said before would give you the answer, well then I'll tell you bluntly.. NO! Only 1. Why? Because Envenom isn't a Combo Move, it's a Finisher.
    It doesn't state combo move, which is why I asked for clarification. It states moves that grant combo points, and, through the talents, envenom CAN. :P

A simple yes or no would've sufficed, no complicated explanations.

But but.. I like complicated :'(

The meta gem you shall use is the 21 Agility 3% crit damage increase (Requirements: 1B 1Y 1R).
    There's a Jewelcrafting Prismatic gem that gives +10 All stats http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49110 (That's all you need for your Meta gem to work).

The rotation would be Garrote, HfB, SnD, Mutilate, Envenom, Mutilate(s), Envenom, Mutilate(s), Envenom, and so on. (If you don't have somene applying a bleed effect, you need to apply Rupture once every time your HfB is about to fall off.

Professions, as I know it Jewelcrafting is the most useful to have along with Blacksmithing, however Jewelcrafting and Leatherworking (this one gave 130 AP on wrists right?) is also good.
    Engineering + JC'ing is probably the best combination you can get.

Also, cheap cloak/glove/belt/boot enchant

Quote Originally Posted by Bhalial
    Engineering + JC'ing is probably the best combination you can get.

Also, cheap cloak/glove/belt/boot enchant
    What was it engineering gave you, that outweight 2 extra gem slots from BS?

What was it engineering gave you, that outweight 2 extra gem slots from BS?
    Rocket boots. I don't care what anyone says, it is dominate in any movement fight, Hands down. Also, any fight with a break, Gives more % uptime on Hyperspeed acceloraters, AND Correct use of Saronite Bombs.

Everyone have their own opinion, and none is worthless

It's not about anyones opinion, it's about the highest obtainable theoretical DPS yo can achieve. Hyperspeed Accelerators are simply awesome post 3.3, so yeah, Engineering is the best you can get right now even assuming tank and spank.
    Operator! Give me the number for 911!

why would i trade 80ap vs an extra sprint(i use this in every icc fight beside saurfang) and extra burst(bombs) + extra dps/burst increase on use... (very potent if u need to burn down adds quickly and on cd best substained dps)

The main post in this thread needs updated.

51/18/2

Rupture is dead

also, its The Pocket Guide

=)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowmoon&n=Whispir

Quote Originally Posted by Whispir
    Rupture is dead
    Definately!

Alright so -

Now that we are in the AP + AP/Haste and Garrote/HfB/MuT/Envenom era I wanted to share and possibly get input/clarification on when to Envenom.

I'll use Saurfang 25 for this since we never have to move.

I seem to be stuck at 9k dps in both of the MuT builds. I find that I am so energy starved that by the time my Envenom buff wears off I am only at 1-3 points on him.

EJ says to Envenom at 4+ points however I usually am only at 3 points on the target when the buff ends.

A. Is it more important to keep up the buff and Envenom as soon as the buff ends?
    or

B. to wait and MuT to 5 points allowing for some Envenom down time inbetween buffs?

Is there anyone doing more than 10k on this fight that can share info?

Thanks!!

To Mutilate or not to Mutilate,.... that is the question...

http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eitrigg&n=Denide

Quote Originally Posted by Denide
    Alright so -

Now that we are in the AP + AP/Haste and Garrote/HfB/MuT/Envenom era I wanted to share and possibly get input/clarification on when to Envenom.

I seem to be stuck at 9k dps in both of the MuT builds. I find that I am so energy starved that by the time my Envenom buff wears off I am only at 1-3 points on him.

EJ says to Envenom at 4+ points however I usually am only at 3 points on the target when the buff ends.

A. Is it more important to keep up the buff and Envenom as soon as the buff ends?
    or

B. to wait and MuT to 5 points allowing for some Envenom down time inbetween buffs?

Thanks!!

I am in the same situation. I think that's a good question

If no answer, I'll try envenom 3+ on my next saurfang session.
    ---

Deleted

this was answered on EJ forums. Mut to 5cp and envenom.

Mut to 4+ combo points and envenom (you get 2+ combo points per mut so its a waste of a combo point to do it after 4)... You want to make sure you getting the most of the envenom uptime but if your simply hitting envenom to avoid the buff running out your a creating a dps decrease. Nothing works perfect, stick to the formula and overall you will not clip or run out of the envenom buff..

There is debate of 3+ envenom however all signs post to it being a weaker rotation..

Take advantage of your Overkill buff and vanish when you can also pack potions of speed and manage your cooldowns/racials for hero/lust...

Ask a dk for hysteria too... Perhaps 9k is your max dps with the buffs in the raid as well... Put exactly what you are raiding with in the spreadsheet buff wise and see what you get..

I am currently at 12k with this formula.

Sunday night I held to a 4 or 5 point Envenom which netted me about 1k dps more even with a little bit of downtime on the buff.

Here is the strat vid we posted which shows it on the meter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57RTG...layer_embedded
    To Mutilate or not to Mutilate,.... that is the question...

http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eitrigg&n=Denide

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Denide
    Alright so -

or

Thanks!!

4p+ envenoms for sure. You're energy starved because you're smashing abilities. Don't envenom until you have 60-80 energy, and you'll almost always have enough energy to get your mut's in before the envenom buff wears off. Pool for envenom for sure, unless you're about to lose snd or unless you have heroism/speed pot/gloves up. Then I just mash out envenom to keep it up as much as i can during the extra haste. A haste proc is a great time to use your thistle tea to get a larger envenom as well. 2set T10 = godly for energy regen after envenoms if you're worried about getting the mutilates in before envenom wears off you. Pooling for trinket procs is pretty sweet, and don't hesitate to envenom early if your trinkets have like 1-2s left, but your envenoms up longer. All about managing that envenom buff during opportune times.

Side note: With a 25man raid, i open with mutilate because by the time i get my SnD up, another class has a bleed going for me like 95% of the time, and mutilate's a much better opener and doesn't require positioning/slow stealth running to the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by ambio
    Nothing works perfect, stick to the formula and overall you will not clip
    Envenom clipping is actually good if you do it right. Envenoming with <.5s left means that your envenom ability will have a much larger chance to proc your instant on the mainhand than if you wait till .5s after it falls off. You obviously don't want to clip like 3s or something off, unless you've got some nice AP/agi procs falling off that you want to benefit your envenom and mainhand instant poison proc.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    Side note: With a 25man raid, i open with mutilate because by the time i get my SnD up, another class has a bleed going for me like 95% of the time, and mutilate's a much better opener and doesn't require positioning/slow stealth running to the boss.
    So you start with mutilate out of stealth? I hope you don't run straight to the boss smashing mutilate, do you?
    Coz' if you do open on the boss without stealth I suggest you take a closer look at the talent you have to put a point into in order to get mutilate (Overkill). Anyway, You do know that there's an ability called Sprint, right?