15+ Year Old Account

What heirloom items can I use for leveling my Druid?

The title says it all. I don't see anything that fits feral druid except shoulders, but they are not such a big deal, I wonder if there is any weapon I could use.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

Re: What heirloom items can I use for leveling my Druid?

the staff.

15+ Year Old Account

spd staff for feral druid? :P
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

Quote Originally Posted by lexonio
    The title says it all. I don't see anything that fits feral druid except shoulders, but they are not such a big deal, I wonder if there is any weapon I could use.
    ...ehh?

Heirloom shoulders are the only heirloom item with any significance whatsoever when leveling. It's the +10% XP from kills that makes the hugest difference you can think of. Everything else is just another bonus rare, which you can live without.

The Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders are definitely the best-in-slot leveling shoulders for a feral druid, due to the hit rating, which you're always lacking when leveling.

The Exceptional Stormshroud Shoulders are a good second choice, if you don't care about hit, and want a bit more survivability through dodge and resilience.

Also, Swift Hand of Justice is a nice trinket, but you can definitely do without that. The staff has a crap DPS, so you'll gain low FAP from it, but then again it has high stamina and hit rating. I wouldn't waste currency on that though.

Again, the shoulders are the only significant upgrade for a leveling character. The +10% XP from kills, assuming you level all the way to 80 with them, will come up to a seven figure amount of experience.

Trinkets are always good to get, particularly when you don't get quest trinkets 'til levels 40-50, yet you can use the BoA ones right from level 1. The best part is they're not unique - there's no reason you can't equip two of them (although I don't know whether the proc chance stacks, but I'd imagine it would).

Personally I wouldn't bother with the staff - it's not like you'll get bonus feral AP before level 60, and the spellpower is useless to a feral druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Always use the shoulder, great for instances; and when rested quested..

The trinket could be of use (crit) if your feral which is best for leveling. Yea and Dra is correct, unless your a JC you wont get a trinket for ages.

There is a good one in Mauradaron Quest with the Khans, that gives u a 2% chance when hit to have 25 to all stats for 1 min. Can get around the Mid 40's also.

All great for ferals...!!

Unless you wanna level as oomkin for fun, then the staff may be usefull

Quote Originally Posted by Morganskunk
    Unless you wanna level as oomkin for fun, then the staff may be usefull
    There's another trinket for moonkins too - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42992. This one is actually quite good even at level 80 - only replaced by the hit rating one or the badge / Naxx trinkets. But yeah, the staff is also good for moonkin.

It is a bit strange that there isn't a feral weapon available. I suspect though they didn't want to give a double benefit to hunters with both a BoA ranged weap plus a 2H...

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    There's another trinket for moonkins too - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42992. This one is actually quite good even at level 80 - only replaced by the hit rating one or the badge / Naxx trinkets. But yeah, the staff is also good for moonkin.

It is a bit strange that there isn't a feral weapon available. I suspect though they didn't want to give a double benefit to hunters with both a BoA ranged weap plus a 2H...

My hunter uses 2 Balanced Heartseekers with 15agi enchants on them :P

Question relating to this post can you use high lvl enchants with these heirloom items. Since they lvl with you???

Quote Originally Posted by jmazing
    Question relating to this post can you use high lvl enchants with these heirloom items. Since they lvl with you???
    no u can't

Quote Originally Posted by azurarutlan
    My hunter uses 2 Balanced Heartseekers with 15agi enchants on them :P
    Hmm, good point, hadn't thought of DW :/

Quote Originally Posted by jmazing
    For all intends and purposes they are level one items, so only pre-tbc enchants can be applied to them. If you want a shoulder enchant you'll have to grind ZG rep.

Also, the absence of a feral staff isn't a huge loss necessarily since it wouldn't have FAP on it until lvl 60ish anyway...at which point feral weapons become quite common. Due to the way FAP is calculated for weapons now, the DPS on the staff would be too low to grant the bonus attack power.

You could get the dagger if you really wanted to get an heirloom weapon, but as others have said, the shoulders are the only really obvious thing for the XP increase.

Quote Originally Posted by lexonio
    spd staff for feral druid? :P
    You asked which weapon you could use and I told you.

Having said that, ask yourself why http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42947 has Feral stats on it.

Level balance and get the spell damage items?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillbro
    You asked which weapon you could use and I told you.

Having said that, ask yourself why http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42947 has Feral stats on it.
    The same reason http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40348 has Feral stats on it...but that AP won't show up until the weapon dps gets > 55dps, so even the heirloom staff won't have that AP on it until you are well above lvl 60.

The heirloom staff would be good for leveling moonkin. Then you could also buy the cloth shoulders and use them for a mage/priest/lock later.

Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    The same reason http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40348 has Feral stats on it...but that AP won't show up until the weapon dps gets > 55dps, so even the heirloom staff won't have that AP on it until you are well above lvl 60.
    My question was rhetorical. I knew the answer. Was making a point.