Thread: Gems in heroics

Gems in heroics

I just noticed.. Bosses in BC heroics used to drop alot of gems. Why don't the WotLK ones drop gems too? Would cut some gold off of the gemming and stuff. (or did they do it to boost JC moneymaking?)

Re: Gems in heroics

I completely forgot about this. They also don't have the epic PvP gems, either, the Wintergrasp resilience one aside. Wonder when they plan to introduce them.

as far as I know (being a JWC) there are no NR epic gems yet (except for the one already mentioned) I expect them to be added in 3.1 but I haven't seen any official note confirming this so atm it is only an assumption
    World of What?
    Never heard of...

Where are all the world chests? I haven't seen one.

Could be mistaken but I dont remember epic gems in TBC at release but they got brought in with a patch (seems like ages ago so could be wrong tho)

Comparing TBC with WOLTK instances tho, we are on approx on par with Kara atm and the only raids to drop epic uncut gems was MH/BT so following suit then its gonna be several more patches until we see them, as for them ever dropping in Heroics, it would seem pointless since you have to run at least 2 heroics to get the 10 badges of heroism to buy a blue gem yet every boss has the chance to drop an epic one? Its not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DG
    Could be mistaken but I dont remember epic gems in TBC at release but they got brought in with a patch (seems like ages ago so could be wrong tho)

Comparing TBC with WOLTK instances tho, we are on approx on par with Kara atm and the only raids to drop epic uncut gems was MH/BT so following suit then its gonna be several more patches until we see them, as for them ever dropping in Heroics, it would seem pointless since you have to run at least 2 heroics to get the 10 badges of heroism to buy a blue gem yet every boss has the chance to drop an epic one? Its not going to happen.
    They were always there. But it was a lot harder to farm heroics in early BC due to a variety of reasons (sweeping strikes anybody?) Also, there was only a chance that the last boss of each instance would drop a gem and/or epic.

Later on they made it so that each boss had a chance of dropping each different cut of gem tied to that instance, and made it so that the last bossses always dropped an epic item.
    I enjoy a variety of games, but prefer those that have a core system of progression. If you found my comment helpful, let me know! If you believe I can improve my style of communication, let me know!
    WoW: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rimes/advanced - WCLogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est#bracket=-1 - FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...cter/11002859/

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tuutruk
    Where are all the world chests? I haven't seen one.
    World chests have been being phased out since TBC, when they stated that they wanted to replace all / most of them with rare spawns - which they have now done.