Thread: DPS Meter?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DPS Meter?

I've been using Recount, but me and a few guild members come out of fights with COMPLETELY different numbers.

We all have the exact same version, and we always update it (We post new updates on our site). And its on fights where we're all within 30 yards of each other and everything.

I remember the old Damage Meter, used to sync its data with everyone else's. Is there a DPS meter that can be synced or at least will grab the same data.

Cause Recount is a complete joke.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: DPS Meter?

Recount should sync as well but i can confirm that it doesn't atm.

Nevertheless, you should have no problem in instances like Naxxramas or Eye of Eternity. The only raid in which Recount is really shitty is Obsidian Sanctum. Know why? Because people in the twilight don't get the CombatLog entries for people outside and vice versa.

I'm still using it because it's working just fine outside OS.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Far as I know recount reads from the combat log. And wasn't combat log changed in 2.4? Now everythin happening in the instance comes up in the combat log. From what Ive seen diff. in recount happens when you fight stuff while others are outside instance (running back w/e) this should only show on trash/overall dps/dmgdone meters tho which are useless anyway.

If your not happy with recount, record your combatlog and put it on WWS. Which works the same as recount so should show the same numbers anyway.

Recount works perfectly fine here, and I get data equal to the WWS. It's based on your combat log data, which is NOT WRONG.

I think it's just people not admitting they do poor dps

hello m8 horny UI really nice anywhere I can find instructions how to set it up.. since I'm a UI noob

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Recount works perfectly fine here, and I get data equal to the WWS. It's based on your combat log data, which is NOT WRONG.

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    This is correct is doesn't sync, it hasn't for a wile. Many times i have posted WWS merged from 3-5 sources and gotten substantially different numbers

If your the only person running /combat log this would explane why you end up with Recount/WWS coming up the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

I haven't had such a problem. When some are doing reports, they are the same as mine.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Recount and WWS reports are identical, aside from the things that recount isn't coded to record. It's your combat log....nothing else to it. Trust me if each of these people were to post WWS reports, their numbers would match their recount data, as long as you start and stop recording at the same time.

We have 2 folks that record combat logs every night for WWS, I run Recount nightly as well. Our numbers are ALWAYS reasonably similar. As someone said, if you die and run back, or just aren't within range of the action, you're not going to record what someone else might be recording so you'll miss some stuff. There's no difference between Recount and WWS in that regard. In fact any dps meter that's worth a crud will give you the same results.

Basically your numbers are different for reasons other than Recount being a complete joke... Because in that case, WWS reports would be a complete joke, and any other meter you try to run >.>

EDIT: Unless of course there's a version out there that's gimped somehow...Unlikely though

Actually, if a person is too far away it will not record.

This is why data on gruul was always a bit dodgy, because people would be too far from eachother.

Im not sure if its still working, but SWStats used to Sync. I havent used it in a long long time though.
    Wow account disabled, waiting for D3!

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg

This is why data on gruul was always a bit dodgy, because people would be too far from eachother.
    There are /commands to set your combat log to record at higher ranges, 200yds i believe. In fact someone logging WWS should always have their log set to max range, it alleviates problems on fights like Gruul. Again, it works with your combat log, as does WWS or any meter. It's basically a personal mini WWS report every time you run it.

Quote Originally Posted by Giamatti
    There are /commands to set your combat log to record at higher ranges, 200yds i believe. In fact someone logging WWS should always have their log set to max range,
    This should no longer be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzy
    This should no longer be necessary.
    Oh? I wasn't aware. Is it permanently set to max range then I take it? Judging by the fact that the people's reports that i run with are so similar to my own recount reports, I assume their log range must be like 200yds. That'd be splendid if that's the case. Anyone could log on a whim in that case.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg

This is why 1 persons recount can differ from WWS logs, the difference should be small, unless the person was out of range for an extended period of time. This will be denoted in the "presence" field of WWS, if you have someone that you know didn't die or DC but has a lower then 100% presence field that number could potentially denote "missing data". In data collection the more sources you have the more accurate your overall data model. WWS with less then 2 sources is no more accurate then any personal DPS meter witch only calculate the damage of people withing range of you. If everyone in your raid happens to be in range then your Damage Meter will match your WWS, but if you got a large fight in a large room your number could become skewed fight. In Wrath this isn't really a problem since the only fight with a combat area that may become a problem is OS, in BC there was a large number of fights that made WWS really messed you needed at lest 2-3 collection points (Tank/Melee and 2 ranged) fights like Anetheron, Archi, VR, and Gruul are a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Giamatti
    Oh? I wasn't aware. Is it permanently set to max range then I take it? Judging by the fact that the people's reports that i run with are so similar to my own recount reports, I assume their log range must be like 200yds. That'd be splendid if that's the case. Anyone could log on a whim in that case.
    The range is no longer adjustable but i don't believe its 200yards, i don't know what it is off top my head, but i believe it was in the 150 yard range in an attempt to quell server lag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

One of the biggest things I always notice is that many people do not take the time to set up their Recount, and then assume that it sucks and doesn't work correctly. There are many different boxes to check and make sure it's recording and showing exactly what you want it to, it just takes a second to pick and choose what you want to see, and how much information you want to keep..

Had an issue the other day where this demo lock thought he sucked more than anything, but according to my meter he was doing just fine.. turns out he didn't have pet damage being recorded which lowered his total damage by a good 30% or so... gotta keep up with setting those mods up after installing them :P

Or clear their Recount at the start of the instance. Or remember to not release until everyone is dead/OOC. That's a big one; if it's a wipe and you release while that Rogue is Evasion tanking for 10s, all that damage isn't being recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara

Nevertheless, you should have no problem in instances like Naxxramas or Eye of Eternity. The only raid in which Recount is really shitty is Obsidian Sanctum. Know why? Because people in the twilight don't get the CombatLog entries for people outside and vice versa.

I'm still using it because it's working just fine outside OS.
    Was the same problem with Kalecgos, in which case WWS wouldn't work either, or you would need many people with the WWS client syncing data. But yea, i've had some problems with recount giving slightly different numbers between people running it, which is why i only use it to approximate, if i want precise numbers i use WWS.
    Miklovan - Nightmares Asylum - Mannoroth - US
    My Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...oth&n=Miklovan

Thaddius lag was caused by the combat log getting entries from Lake Wintergrasp when a battle was on.

LONG RANGE ? LULZ YES!

No it get's my dps just fine.

What I'm saying is, after a fight is over and one person links their Recount report, between like 5 of us we all have different results.

It probably gets everyone else's numbers correct for themselves, but I don't think Recount correctly records the data from another player.