Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Priest vs Paladin grouphealing after patches.

Hmm... CoH has 0 cast time, heals 6 people, and is a smart heal. Paladins have cast times. They can't run around and throw out instants (exception Holy Shock, which you'll use intelligently and get the extra 1 sec off your Holy Light now and again). Sacred shield is OK, Beacon is fun, but since it doesn't count overheal it gets a bit more situational. Also take into account the whole 50-70% healing by pallys is overheal, and that if people aren't bunched (as raids get harder, people will probably have to spread out more over more fights). So you judge, keep your seal up, spam holy light, throw up SS when you can just for giggles, and beacon yourself in most fights since you're not gonna run out of mana anyways. There's stuff to think about beyond mashing one excellent group heal. CoH priesting pre 3.0.8 could be done with binding everything to CoH, putting on oven mits, blindfolding yourself, and mashing your keyboard. Voila 6000+ hps, all on the targets that need to be healed. Nothing else to it. Good change imo.

Not sure the OP realize that the glyph is 5 random people, nothing "smart" about it.

15+ Year Old Account

I love priests, and I have tried almost all classes in game; priests never gets me bored.

They are still the most versatile healers, they have so much they can do and so much to choose from

I am quite sure (if you take time to read all i wrote) you understand just what I mean with these posts.

I have read all you wrote (of course) and I still don't see your point other than you don't like that some healers sometimes top meters when you can't even though you're "supposed" to according to you and Blizzard (Think I missed the memo).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lustant
    Hmm... CoH has 0 cast time, heals 6 people, and is a smart heal. Paladins have cast times. They can't run around and throw out instants (exception Holy Shock, which you'll use intelligently and get the extra 1 sec off your Holy Light now and again). Sacred shield is OK, Beacon is fun, but since it doesn't count overheal it gets a bit more situational. Also take into account the whole 50-70% healing by pallys is overheal, and that if people aren't bunched (as raids get harder, people will probably have to spread out more over more fights). So you judge, keep your seal up, spam holy light, throw up SS when you can just for giggles, and beacon yourself in most fights since you're not gonna run out of mana anyways. There's stuff to think about beyond mashing one excellent group heal. CoH priesting pre 3.0.8 could be done with binding everything to CoH, putting on oven mits, blindfolding yourself, and mashing your keyboard. Voila 6000+ hps, all on the targets that need to be healed. Nothing else to it. Good change imo.
    Typical "cba to read all, I'll just post without":P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudz
    I have read all you wrote (of course) and I still don't see your point other than you don't like that some healers sometimes top meters when you can't even though you're "supposed" to according to you and Blizzard (Think I missed the memo).
    Yes, I could shorten this down to simply asking should paladins be the best grouphealers in AoE fights?

Even without any format the guy is still right (imo).

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby
    Yes, I could shorten this down to simply asking should paladins be the best grouphealers in AoE fights?
    Short answer "maybe not". Long answer they are not the best AOE healers in the game but do finally have some decent group/raid healing abilities.

I wouldn't care a bit if another healer topped meters, but a paladin topping an AoE fight? That is why i react.
    Why attack another class when Blizz put a cooldown on CoH, if your unhapply with your class, use the forums to show a way to better your class or to take exception to the way Blizz has handled your class.

Priest are not helped if other healers are nerfed in order to make them look better on a meter. When you can take all pallys healers in a twenty five man raid and be as sucessful as taking all priest then speak out. Remember you can use all priest in a twenty-five man naxx raid but can't use all pallys. I guess this means Blizz should either buff pallys or nerf priest by your logic.

by definition a great grouphealer should be able to heal a group if he/her needs to.... how does a pally control who he is healing? 70% overheal.. well 70% off of 10m... hmmmm WOW pallys are BY FAR the best aoehealers! nerf em!!

15+ Year Old Account

Soz if you saw this as an attack, wasn't meant like that at all.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tiredhealer
    I guess this means Blizz should either buff pallys or nerf priest by your logic.
    Yes, maybe slow down their AoE healing a bit, so priests, druids and shaman can catch up

As 1 of the reasons bliz choose to nerf CoH was that it was too powerful and shamans (who according bliz should top mtrs, spam chainheals is their thing) got too far behind priests and druids in grouphealing. OK! I can agree CoH was a bit too powerful. And I like to use the many spells priests have, even though many of them sucks atm. (Still waiting to see some smart changes here).

I have been holy priest almost since BC start and raiding as both RL and GM in same guild as I am in now.

I tried to accept this nerf, considering it would be great if grouphealers would be more even in charts, and not 1 class OP, like shamans were not long ago, and other classes felt useless.

But when i saw the latest WWS numbers for bosses like Sapphiron where theres a lot of raid damage, PALADINS were in top, by spamming HL and get free, passive grouphealing through glyphs and judgement (some are almost as powerful as priests CoH)! And this by just spamming 1 spell... They outhealed both priest and shamans in grouphealing?! I want an explanation to this. How can you Blizzard let this happen, when you said priest were too powerful and healed too much by 1 button spamming? Now we use 4-5-6 spells, we really work hard to do good healing, and get overrun by tankhealer spam? Yes... I'm QQ'ing, i really loosing my faith for developers when I see this...
    1. Stop with the obsession with healing meters... at the end of the day they mean very little, if you're job is to keep a tank alive and you keep that tank alive it means very little what the meter's said. Meter's can be a good tool to give information about how to clear encounters but they do not accurately rank the skill of a player.

2. The last Sapph kill I was involved in (with the CoH well and truly live) I was able to heal 4.5K HPS and the holy pally did somewhere between 2.5K to 3K... I don't see how they have superior group heal capabilities. Sure they have some nifty tricks and a good Holy Pally can group heal but in all honnesty a Holy Priest has some better tools and can probably do it a little easier.

3. See point 1, healing meters mean little... if you're only argument is that the CoH nerf or the direction of priests is not allowing them to top meters you should honnestly stop posting on forums, experience content properly and come back when you have a bit more of an idea.

15+ Year Old Account

Hehe, I am not obsessed with healing mtrs, I dont even use them in fights.

I check WWS to see how our new recruites are doing, mostly, and this time to see how healing changed since patches.

However, our holy pala did 7k hps on Sapph now, and the most i did with CoH before nerf was 5-6k. Maybe she is bugged?;P

15+ Year Old Account

OOh...I see 1 thing more now... for those who say I QQ over not being on top, I was nr1 in total, but not on heavy AoE bosses, where our "grouphealers" usually were top, but now topped by palas^^

OOh...I see 1 thing more now... for those who say I QQ over not being on top, I was nr1 in total, but not on heavy AoE bosses, where our "grouphealers" usually were top, but now topped by palas^^

Think its because of pure slack from your other healers, before a paladin didnt get the time to heal one person Since CoH healed all too fast, now we can heal well but to get 6k hp that means that your raid healers is very very slacky since ppl must be really low on hp for holy light spam to work so well, we dont get 6k hps from the glypt alone since people gets toped way to fast.

So my suggestion is replace your crapy aoe healer that still slack and whines all day about CoH nerf (including yourself) and instead get some real healers who knows wtf they are doing.

And try an 10man with only paladins as healers then you will see that they must work their ass off to heal as an slacking priest/druid/Shamy.

idd

lol this is to stupid to be true

retri palas do to much damage
    prot palas are to good in aoe tanking
    Holy palas are SUPREME aoe healers ....

give them a wooden stick to dps with
    remove consecration from pala tanks
    and give holy palas bandages to heales with 5 secs CD...

what is this grudge against palas ...

why didnt you roll one if you think they are so OP...?
    and Judgements are usually done by the retri palas

i wonder how much overheal they did btw? did you check that

i even think that most of the splash is overheal because of hots and chainheals
    this is all superficial whining tbh

There was a blue by GC (i think) which i cant find now but i remember what it said:

"Healers are diverse. You cannot achieve perfect healing if you stack one type of healer in your raid. If you bring 5 holy pallies, your tank healing will be good but your raid healing will fail. If you bring 5 druids, your raid healing will be good but your tank healing will suffer. If you bring 5 holy priests or 5 resto shammies you will do average on both. As you can see, you need a variety of healers in order to have effective healing" - or something like this.

i'm either missing something, or GC hasnt heard about Glyph of Holy Light... the healadins are by far the most OP healers in term of raid healing. You dont need priests, druids or shamans to heal, these should better spec DPS, they dont need to spec healer for fort, gotw and heroism anyway... just stack 5 holy paladins who know their class and its guaranteed noone will die.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by vikto000

Think its because of pure slack from your other healers, before a paladin didnt get the time to heal one person Since CoH healed all too fast, now we can heal well but to get 6k hp that means that your raid healers is very very slacky since ppl must be really low on hp for holy light spam to work so well, we dont get 6k hps from the glypt alone since people gets toped way to fast.

So my suggestion is replace your crapy aoe healer that still slack and whines all day about CoH nerf (including yourself) and instead get some real healers who knows wtf they are doing.

And try an 10man with only paladins as healers then you will see that they must work their ass off to heal as an slacking priest/druid/Shamy.

Wee, another poster who cba to read all before posting..

A question that needs to be answered is how much was his/her overhealing. Sapphiron i can see paladins beating other healers though because of the stacking usually implemented and the consistent raid damage. But thats one fight. Spread out the dps and that healing will decrease dramatically. Also judgment of light was on the post about Amount healed. As you've heard many at times, usually a ret paladin would have that up. When fights arent as simple as group up and spank paladins will be back in there general role of holy light the tank. Don't worry Sapphiron is just a fight which allows the glyph to be better than it actually is.