Thread: Holy DPS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Holy DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Zerojoe
    If at endgame, Yes if not then no.
    If it's not endgame, it's just regulare pew pew in between heals.

I also use Penance against hostile mobs when healing

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    But he's not getting the 6% hit that shadow gets, but assuming another shadowpriest, he'll still need 3% more hit from his gear than the other priest.

Which is serious major gimping of the stats.
    Yes it is def gimping inorder to get to the 483 hit cap for a holy priest, but with other hit increasing buff given by the raid if present all the time with buff food then you can slightly gear for less then the req 483 hit rating on a lvl 83 mob and 143 on a lvl 82 mob compared to shadows 243 hit rating which is rediculously easy to get.

I don't know who taught you math, or english for that matter, but your numbers are way off.

Spellhit cap: 17% (446 hit rating)
    Misery: 3% (14% left = 368 hit rating)
    Shadow Focus: 3% (11% left = 290 hit rating)

So Holy Priests need 14%, ie. 368 hit rating to be hit capped with their dps spells against a level 83 mob.

In PvP the hit cap is 9% for any opponent of the same level as you.

yes so I might of remember my numbers wrong since I was not calculating them, due to the fact of being at work and having other things to worry about.

But your 368 is also assuming that you have shadow priest in group at all times for misery to be up since if your holy smite spec there is not a chance in hell you will have this talent.

So go back to your max hit and the point still remains the same, which is really what was being debated not number crunching.

Assholes correcting others while still being wrong themselves, are just plain assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Snopptrollet
    I'm bored so I'm thinking about alternative specs..
    Anyone tried to dps as holy properly yet? Like spamming Smite and Holy Fire and speccing for it too.
    Any WWS or numbers you come up with? Tried on the dummies?
    "Computer says no".

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmassacre
    So go back to your max hit and the point still remains the same, which is really what was being debated not number crunching.

Assholes correcting others while still being wrong themselves, are just plain assholes.
    a) Your numbers were quite a bit off, it's surprising you even attempt to write numbers when not even knowing the most basic numbers (290 hit is common for all casters classes.)
    b) There's always a shadowpriest or moonkin in a serious raid, all the other casters rely on it as well.

You won't find any mages, warlocks or elemental shamans who get more than 11% hit for endgame raiding these days. And Death Knights along with retribution paladins also benefit of Misery.

So correct asshole correcting noob = win.

Yes - it does a guarenteed 50% OR MORE of the shadow spec with same gear.....

yes so I might of remember my numbers wrong since I was not calculating them, due to the fact of being at work and having other things to worry about.

But your 368 is also assuming that you have shadow priest in group at all times for misery to be up since if your holy smite spec there is not a chance in hell you will have this talent.

Could be imp FF from a druid as well... i think you'll find most guilds that raid 25man content assume a 3% hit buff on the boss.

We raid 25 man content and have everything down besides OS +2 and +3 as a casual raiding guild.
    And we do not assume +3% hit due to the fact that we dont always have a boomkin/feral druid or a shadowpriest in raid.

And we do require all dps to be hit capped based off their own hit buffs not dependent on other classes being in the raid, makes it easier to bring people along no matter what the raid composition. For now the dps is marginally effected/

And no there is not always a shadowpriest and a moonkin in a 'serious raid'. What are you retarded, not having either of these don't depict whether a raid is serious or not. And 290 is only a common hit rating when you have hit reduction talents, which is not the case with a holy priest.

1. If you read my post again, my comments were related to 'most guilds', not yours specifically.

2. The latest blue post relating to replenishment said, "From our POV, we assume you have Replenishment just like we assume you have a tank. You can get by without it, but it will be challenging (assuming you're on content that actually challenges you)." Same thing goes for misery or some form of 3% to hit buff, sure it's not on the same scale but Blizzard will assume raids to have access to buffs when they design content and it would be wise to structure your raids around securing those buffs.

3. Now considering blizzard have opening stated they assume you have replenishment it might be a wise decision to get one of those buffs from a spriest because they will give your raid the 3% to hit buff you're currently missing. Perhaps you have a mix of 2-3 Ret Paladins / Survival hunters? Something tells me possibly not.

we currently do have 2 ret pallys and 2 hunters that are survival spec and have exceptional attendence.

And we do require all dps to be hit capped based off their own hit buffs not dependent on other classes being in the raid, makes it easier to bring people along no matter what the raid composition.
    Epic fail guild, nothing more to say.

So I actually tried it a bit over the last day and a half, I mean what's 45g. Ran heroics, WG and some SoA. It was just bad. Could barely get over 2K dps in heroics and was killed quickly in PVP - I mean really quickly (keep in mind this was a pure dps spec with no disc survival). It's a novelty spec at best. It's not really the mana anymore either, I had little mana issues unless I was going holy nova crazy. It's a lack of dps, gear built for it and lack of hit. Bringing this spec to Naxx would be a waste, might as well carry someone in blues and gear them up. Like I said in TBC it was fun and respectable (if you were overgeared), now it's not even an option. Try it, your mind will made up quickly.