Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Self-decursing macro

Hi folks,

I have a macro to debuff any pesky magic that is cast on me. The macro is as follows:

/cast [target=player] Dispel Magic

Yesterday, while leveling in Zul'Drak I realized that some mobs were diseasing me, and now that we can cast abolish disease while in shadowform, and as Dispel Magic doesn't trigger GCD if there isn't anything to dispel, I wanted to tune my macro in order to first try to dispel magic and then abolish disease:

/cast [target=player] Dispell Magic
    /cast [target=player] Abolish Disease

But when I use that, I get a "There is nothing to dispel" message, followed by a "You can't cast that yet", even if no GCD is triggered.

Can you help me with this?

PS: I'm not on wow now, so some terms might not be accurate, but the idea of the macro is that.

Re: Self-decursing macro

decursive?

ye, try Decursive addon, most easiest way to decurse/dispel /abolish everything
    ..::||Sinma||::..

/cast [target=mouseover] Remove Curse

With this macro I can decurse myself and all raid very fast.
    “The wise speak only of what they know.”

Thank you guys for answering, but you didn't get my point.

I know there is decursive (but I didn't use it since Blackwing Lair) and I've Smartdebuff, but what I'm looking for is a self-debuffing macro.

I've already have a macro that dispels any magic on myself (/cast [target=player] Disipar magia), but what I want to know is if I can improve this same macro in order to try to cast on myself Dispel Magic and later Abolish Disease

Yeah, I know I can use modifiers, Shift-click, L-click/R-click... but I'm kinda slow-motion guy, so I would prefer do it in a single click

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Just make sure "auto self cast" is turned on in options, or add the "target=player" clause to it.
    That ends up being:

1st click - Dispel Magic
    2nd click - Abolish disease

That has a little problem: If there is nothing to dispell, dispel magic is never cast, so 2nd click also attempts to cast dispel magic again and you'll never get to the Abolish one.
    I've tried it 1st disease - 2nd magic, and I decurse diseases but I stall in the 2nd click and the loop never starts again

Click 2 buttons, problem solved.

/castrandom [target=player] Dispel Magic, Abolish Disease

Spam that

It's just a game.

/castsequence reset=5 Abolish Disease, Dispel Magic

This isn't as effective as you want, but it will cast both and reset if it "gets stuck".

You may also want to try:

/cast Dispel Magic
    /stopcasting
    /cast Abolish Disease

(with the target=player in there)

It may solve the issue.

15+ Year Old Account

Since when does Dispel Magic NOT cause a global cooldown?

If it wouldn't cause a GCD you would be able to cast it 100 times in 1,5 seconds...
    which you obviously cannot. Not even 2-3 times in 1,5 seconds.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Since when does Dispel Magic NOT cause a global cooldown?

If it wouldn't cause a GCD you would be able to cast it 100 times in 1,5 seconds...
    which you obviously cannot. Not even 2-3 times in 1,5 seconds.
    if you learn2read, you get the skill off GCD

Quote Originally Posted by Pagefault
    ... and as Dispel Magic doesn't trigger GCD if there isn't anything to dispel, ...
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I forgot how to make it, but I had a macro with my warlock.. You need cast Sequence, so if one is cast or the other cant be cast, it wil lcast the other one..

I forgot how to make this macro... lol It is somewhereon the warlock wow forums though.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    if you learn2read, you get the skill off GCD
    D'oh!

It was late, and I was tired...
    Anyway, if a spell triggers a GCD under any condition, you cannot add a second spell to the macro, unless you use castsequence.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn

Spam that
    This ^^

That's also how decursive does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn

Spam that

^true story. That method is one of the only ones that will work for this. Another one is as follows:

/castsequence reset=2 [target=player] Abolish Disease, [target=player] Dispel Magic

^this should work due to abolish disease casting on a target regardless of whether or not the player has a disease effect on them. The downside is you're likely wasting mana.

Other methods no longer work as an effort to prevent botting or the original Decursive method:

/cast [target=player] Dispel Magic
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=player] Cure Disease

^the converted way of doing this without the castrandom action is to just put a modifier key in for the dispel type. Since magical attacks are far more common than diseases, something like:

/cast [nomod:ctrl,target=player] Dispel Magic
    /cast [mod:ctrl,target=player] Cure Disease

Mash it for dispel magic or hit ctrl + mash it for cure disease. The castrandom method is the most brainless and easiest way to do it, though, however you do run the risk of castrandom calling dispel magic 3x in a row

Could just cast Cure Disease, instead of Abolish, to prevent mana waste.

But I don't mind it for PvP.

Thank you all for the answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Could just cast Cure Disease, instead of Abolish, to prevent mana waste.
    The problem with Cure Disease is the same as having Dispel Magic at the begining of a /castsequence : If there is nothing to dispel, the spell is never cast and so, the sequence never starts and you'll never get to the second spell (Abolish / Cure Disease)

/castsequence reset=2 [target=player] Abolish Disease, [target=player] Dispel Magic

^ Works, but waste of mana

/castsequence reset=2 [target=player] Cure Disease, [target=player] Dispel Magic

^ Doesn't work

Is there any conditional (like the nonchanneling for the mind flay macros) in order to determine if the target is either diseased or magic'ed ??

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pagefault
    Is there any conditional (like the nonchanneling for the mind flay macros) in order to determine if the target is either diseased or magic'ed ??
    Alas, no. They removed the option to check if a buff/debuff is active on an entity some patches ago.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Alas, no. They removed the option to check if a buff/debuff is active on an entity some patches ago.

http://www.wowwiki.com/API_UnitDebuff

Tonight I'm gonna play with LUA's ^^

But that's not a MACRO, that's a addon.

And I'm quite certain they changed so no addon or macro can deside what spell to cast on a target, except for the conditional arguments in macros.

I'd go with the /castrandom just press it several times and it should work fine I think

If you absolutely REFUSE to l2p and press two buttons...