Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Whats Blizz Going to Do?

I know priests are getting huge changes in 3.1.. so my question is this, Does anyone know what they are doing for shadow priests in pvp? I know were good now in raids and i pump out damage but i keep reading they are going to make shadow more pvp viable and such so does anyone know how there going to do this? Maybe a revamp on Dispersion or something?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Whats Blizz Going to Do?

Magic 8-ball says:

You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

haha i wouldnt be surprised

Shadow Priest in PvP
    We're not ready to announce specific changes yet, but shadow priest PvP survivability should definitely get a boost in 3.1
    thast from blizzard staff so looks like something will happen

Quote Originally Posted by Devstah
    Shadow Priest in PvP
    We're not ready to announce specific changes yet, but shadow priest PvP survivability should definitely get a boost in 3.1
    thast from blizzard staff so looks like something will happen
    Yeah they will add resilience to dispersion and make the cooldown longer and the duration shorter.

Saint Michael's Grip - Rank 1
    Requires One-Handed Maces, Two-Handed Maces, Staves, Daggers
    Allows you to equip two-handed maces, one-handed maces, staves and daggers in one hand. Also reduces your chance to hit with damage-dealing abilities that require a weapon by 0%.

Quote Originally Posted by gummyrabbit
    Saint Michael's Grip - Rank 1
    Requires One-Handed Maces, Two-Handed Maces, Staves, Daggers
    Allows you to equip two-handed maces, one-handed maces, staves and daggers in one hand. Also reduces your chance to hit with damage-dealing abilities that require a weapon by 0%.

Cloak of light -Rank 1
    The user put on a cloak of light and is immune to melee damage for 10 seconds.
    2 minute cooldown.

I'm really doubting we'll get a new ability designed just for PvP. Dispersion might get a bit of an overhaul, but it'll most likely be balanced to not affect PvE substantially (perhaps a DoT/poison removal and immunity for the duration). Hymns are definitely getting changed, and perhaps that'll have some kind of effect on PvP. Take Divine Hymn and make it instant, and it's suddenly an effective way to CC people in arena. Our largest problem, aside from squishiness, is our complete lack of control. Making Divine Hymn an instant cast would largely solve this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sausagefan
    I'm really doubting we'll get a new ability designed just for PvP. Dispersion might get a bit of an overhaul, but it'll most likely be balanced to not affect PvE substantially (perhaps a DoT/poison removal and immunity for the duration). Hymns are definitely getting changed, and perhaps that'll have some kind of effect on PvP. Take Divine Hymn and make it instant, and it's suddenly an effective way to CC people in arena. Our largest problem, aside from squishiness, is our complete lack of control. Making Divine Hymn an instant cast would largely solve this problem.
    Dude that's a stun that Heals.

I really would be surprised if they did that.

would be nice to see a spammable lifedrain on SPs.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Zerojoe
    Dude that's a stun that Heals.

I really would be surprised if they did that.
    It's a six minute cooldown, so it's not exactly OP. But it definitely solves one of our main problems; after we Psychic Scream and they trinket/racial/ability out of it, we literally have nothing to do but to hope we survive.

And the rationale is bad; Divine Storm nukes hard AND heals, but I think we've all accepted that it's here to stay.

It's a six minute cooldown, so it's not exactly OP. But it definitely solves one of our main problems; after we Psychic Scream and they trinket/racial/ability out of it, we literally have nothing to do but to hope we survive.

And the rationale is bad; Divine Storm nukes hard AND heals, but I think we've all accepted that it's here to stay.
    Yes but this spell is holy meaning that you'd have to drop shadow form to cast it And they are trying to buff shadow pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerojoe
    Yes but this spell is holy meaning that you'd have to drop shadow form to cast it And they are trying to buff shadow pvp.
    All priests are currently having problems in Arena (except for extremely well geared Disc priests), so this would be an excellent way to solve some of the problems being experienced by all stripes of priests. And being in Shadowform has never truly defined the shadow priest in PvP. Being able to nuke and drop out and do some healing has always been the core of the spec in PvP.

Deleted

Roots, slow, or gtfo. One long-cooldowned skill won't make anything better, spriests are needing a) immunity to snares when fade is activated (useless talent atm, sinceall the snares will be re-applied in a sec), and b) some kind of slowing effect. Mabye an ice armor- like slow when we are hit by melee in shadowform. And change dispersion, it's bullcrap atm. Really, a 51-point talent self silence? God...

AND shadowform should reduca ALL damage taken by 15%... hell, 20%.. warlocks have resistances and soul-link, mages have resistances and are op, why shouldn't spriests migitate some magical damage?

Take it off the shared CD with our fear... I dont see rogue stuns sharing cooldowns... I have no idea what it's fine for other classes to have multiple chain cc abilities but god forbid if priest can have 2.

Imagine what would happen if, god forbid, a rogue or <insert class here> would trinket the fear only to get hymn-ed. There would be so much qq about priest being OP and what not, that they'd rather nerf the priest in order to lessen the qq of everyone else.

I can already see the topics such as "LOL PRIESTS ARE OP!!!!!!!!!!!" where they ask for hymn / fear nerf

Honestly, what I think will happen is that they're going to return hp regen component to Dispersion, I seriously don't believe that after 2 years of being a fucked up pvp spec, that they're going to change it drastically to the point where we can actually deal damage and compete.

SP is perfect right now. competitive DPS in raids. good survivability with shields and dispersion and decent long fight sustainability though imp spirit tap, 3m fiend and furbal.

if the spec gets fucked up because of pvp (again >) I am not going to happy!

yes I get bummed in pvp, but I couldn't care less about it. I don't like pvp so I don't try and pvp in this spec. go disc if you want to pvp and don't mess up the awesomeness of the PVE shadow priest.

our 51pt talent is good. it does the job perfectly. who cares if we're silenced for 6 seconds. usually when I pop it I'm avoiding death anyway and after those 6 secs I've been healed up to full anyway.

I still think they need to allow casting during the dispersion effect... a lot of people say thats OP but dispersion does not make you immune to, silence, interrupts or any form of CC... therefore I don't take the argument that a defensive ability can be used to offesnively wail on someone... that's incorrect... as it stands a rogue will lol at you and build 5 combo points knowing he can't be touched and then kidney shot you when the effect ends.

Thats one of many changes that is required imo.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Imagine what would happen if, god forbid, a rogue or <insert class here> would trinket the fear only to get hymn-ed. There would be so much qq about priest being OP and what not, that they'd rather nerf the priest in order to lessen the qq of everyone else.

I can already see the topics such as "LOL PRIESTS ARE OP!!!!!!!!!!!" where they ask for hymn / fear nerf

Honestly, what I think will happen is that they're going to return hp regen component to Dispersion, I seriously don't believe that after 2 years of being a fucked up pvp spec, that they're going to change it drastically to the point where we can actually deal damage and compete.
    Why isnt' there the same QQ when you trinket the sap and get blinded immediately?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Why isnt' there the same QQ when you trinket the sap and get blinded immediately?
    There was, but peoples got bored after 2 years of whining, and just accepted that rogues will be OP rest of WoWs life.