Thread: Engineering?

Engineering?

Hey there ,

I've a question..
    If i'm a PvP Shadow or Disc priest. Should i drop Tailoring or Alchemy for Engineering?
    I don't know what to take,
    Tailoring offers me: 1k-1.2k dmg per 45 sec
    and Alchemy offers me: 1.6k-2.1k hp per 2 min(cd begins on OoC) can be reduced with 50% healing though...
    Thanks in advance =).

Re: Engineering?

If you want to be super duper serious pvp'er, you need engineering yes.

Hmm i guess i should get Engieering then..
    But is it only for the 2 sec rocket boots or can you use more things with it in arena? the hand pyro maybe :P?

15+ Year Old Account

Every engineering tinker is usable in the arena. But the rocketboots nerf war really hard, at least they should dispell, or at least ignore, movement slowing effects for the 2 secs.

Anyway, frost nova bombs are nice too, but alas only useable in bgs.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Every engineering tinker is usable in the arena. But the rocketboots nerf war really hard, at least they should dispell, or at least ignore, movement slowing effects for the 2 secs.

Anyway, frost nova bombs are nice too, but alas only useable in bgs.
    Ye, too bad you can't use them in arena.
    But with Improved Shadowform, i can use fade to remove Movement slowing effects/impairing (if i'm shadow specced), but do you know if:

"Hand-Mounted Pyro Rocket

Permanently attaches a hand-mounted pyro rocket launcher to your gloves, allowing a skilled engineer to deal 1035 to 1265 Fire damage to an enemy at range. The rocket can only be fired once every minute.

Can only be used on the engineer's gloves, and doing so will cause them to become soulbound."

is useable in arena's?
    Because i'd like to know every little tweak engineering gives me in arena.

15+ Year Old Account

As I said, EVERY tinker is useable in arenas.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Interesting =) thanks.

Well thanks for the advice guys, but i still don't know what profession i should remove for engineering..

Oxycontin

Neither, engineering sucks. Being able to shoot someone for 1000-1300 damage isn't going to win an arena match. Keep your two profs that are actually useful.

I know shooting for 1k-1.3k isn't going to win a match, But the Nitroboosts can.
    It's a great escape mechanism, but i don't know what I should drop for it.. and that whas my question =)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Oxycontin
    Neither, engineering sucks. Being able to shoot someone for 1000-1300 damage isn't going to win an arena match. Keep your two profs that are actually useful.
    Yeah the rockets are crap for pvp, more of a fun utility. But the other hand-mounted-tinker, which gives 340 haste for 10 seconds, is rather nice even in pvp. Faster cast = less time to be interrupted. Couple that with the 25% faster cast from the disc talent after you shield someone, and you're looking at 0.8-0.9 seconds flashheal (with bloodlust in pve I sometimes am at 0.37 seconds for a flash heal )

hand rocket may be small dmg but its 40 yard ;D and as explosive it go through cloak of shadow.. and the anim is great.

Finishing a rogue fleeing with cloak on with this is pure happiness...

ok highly situational but still..

And don't forget http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41121

useable in arene
    1mn cd
    off gcd
    castable when moving (1sec cast)
    can crit up to 4.5k+
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

Priests want:
    1. Nitro boots - takes skill to use properly tho
    2. the haste thing on gloves + PI + hymn/fear + mana burn spam = OOM healer = win

Keep tailoring IMO, they might add something more interesting in 3.1 to the prof, since now it's very weak. Free pant enchants are nice tho, and the mana regen thing on cloak is very good for disc healers.