Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Are SPs OP in PVE?

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    No we arent OP...

There are some fight we can be top3... Malygos for instance.

But a properly played Warlock will outdps us everywhere..

And in Fights like patchwork, Mages/DW DKs and Hunter are always above Shadows...

Rogues are underpowered but Blizzard does know that..

We are quite fine in PvE and massive underpowered in PvP..

same boat as enhancement shaman. Most boss fights I am at the top of the chart right now, but it will change from fight to fight.

The shadowpriest community is clearly the damage-dealer community who have the biggest trouble grasping the fact that they do equal (amen a bit lower) damage than all other classes.

As intended by Blizzard.

Shadowpriests go all scared and "OMG WE ART OP" when they do high numbers, yet have trouble understand that their raid companions of the other classes do equal amount of damage -- unless they are utterly shit or extremly capped on gear.

Knock it off people, nothing overpowered about any class in PvE atm.

Shadow Priests are overpowered when casting mind sear. That's about it. It's probably the best AE in the game currently.

If your shadow priests are always beating your mages on the meters... tell your mages to stop raiding until they can learn their class?

Quote Originally Posted by Niveypew
    Here's the top US Horde guild on patchwerk. - http://wowwebstats.com/z63hffkasapom?s=355878-381266

Shadow is alot better then it used to be but it's still not anywhere close to the pure dps classes when properly geared & played.

Top Horde guild in the US eh? I know you're right but look at the whole WWS parse...they wiped on Patchwerk x 2, Maexxna, Noth, Heigan, Gluth, Gothik, Sapphiron, Malygos. I mean, who the fuck wipes on NOTH or GOTHIK?!?!

And yeah, if a shadow priest is constantly beating a "pure" dps class in equivalent gear, that just means the priest knows how to play and the other dps does not. Perhaps the others should do some reading up on the EJ forums...

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Shadow Priests are overpowered when casting mind sear. That's about it. It's probably the best AE in the game currently.
    Actually, it's Devouring Plague and Pestilence what makes priest shine on aoe encounter. I always have my Unholy DK targeted so I can put up DP on his target. And only then I start Mind Searing.. and that's where sp pops out with really huge numbers

Yeah... and thank god pestilence doesn't have a cooldown now, uh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah... and thank god pestilence doesn't have a cooldown now, uh?
    It still cost 1 unholy rune. So you can't SPAM it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    Top Horde guild in the US eh? I know you're right but look at the whole WWS parse...they wiped on Patchwerk x 2, Maexxna, Noth, Heigan, Gluth, Gothik, Sapphiron, Malygos. I mean, who the fuck wipes on NOTH or GOTHIK?!?!
    Look at the raid composition on that WWS parse. Looks to me they were learning how to run with minimal healers for an eventual speed clear.

Exodus was part of the top 10 guilds to kill Kil'jaeden (I forgot their number), and I belive US first.

It's a good guild, and nice to see some numbers to shut people up.

In AOE SPs are definitively OP, but AOE is dead as a meaningful game mechanic.

And no, on average they should not be on the top 3 on a 25 man boss fight (equal gear blah blah blah), but more on the 9th-15th place, depending on encounter ofc.

Are they currently a bit OP in PVE? Maybe, but nothing of much concern really... yes they will lose against a proper DPS on a single target no movement fight, but otherwise (multi target or movement) they will come out a bit too much. Question is that they probably will not scale as well as other classes.

It is a far cry from the days of TBC start where SPs were brokenly OP in PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by moominator
    So because 1 or 2 damage meters dont show a spriest on top they arent overpowered?
    They definetly are op atm when they are played by good players they seem to be able to top almost any meter. This thread is legit and i agree with it. Specially mindsear being able to do nearly 20k dps on big aoe trash pulls I bet blizzard will find a suitable nerf soon but i hope them priests are enjoying their run atm
    not 1 or 2 dmg meters m8 , there was a link to wowmeters, which was showing all dps classes/spec best dps on every boss in endgame content, spriests were 6th or 7th in this i think, ill try find the link for u, then u can see
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    I have never used this response, but it seems perfect here...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew

http://wmo.178.com/rank/classrank/6
    there, look patchwork, i said 6th or 7th , i ment 10th, so were not op id say for a dps spec were underpowered
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    I have never used this response, but it seems perfect here...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew

Quote Originally Posted by Devia

And yeah, if a shadow priest is constantly beating a "pure" dps class in equivalent gear, that just means the priest knows how to play and the other dps does not. Perhaps the others should do some reading up on the EJ forums...
    Someone might have already said it but I think they were running 2 healers.

I'm guessing that people think Spriests are OP because in early Naxx before you've farmed it for a while and geared everyone up, they were really good. But now that everyones gear has improved, so has their DPS quite substantially, Spriests DPS has increased a bit, but nothing like the other DPS has. Once again it looks like: a) Priests scale like shit (lol BC) or b) other DPS scale incredibly well or c) Blizzard buffed other DPS too much while leaving Priests behind.

It would be nice if this Xpac we're actually good DPS for more than the entry level raids, seeing as we won't get raid spots in higher level instances because of our insane mana regen anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by morriso
    Is there some kind of bug thats causing SPs to out DPS pure DPS classes on pure nuke 'em fights or are SPs a little OP atm?

I am in a guild that does 25man raiding, and we are all pretty much geared to the max now and its quite clear that SPs can out DPS warlocks, hunters, rogues and mages in a pure nuke (1 boss, no adds) environment at high end gear level (well, as high end as we can get atm).
    What are your DPS classes do jerking off during bosses or just downz?

You're looking at Patch kills <2 minutes. There's no way to guage DPS on a 2 minute fight because some classes with cooldowns will have their cooldowns going for nearly the ENTIRE FIGHT.

Shadow priests are NOT overpowered (though they were for about 2 days), the rest of your DPS just sucks. Mages should be able to easily out-DPS a Shadow Priest. Rogues are a but underpowered ATM but most pure DPS classes have an edge. If they aren't taking it, they suck. I do about 5k DPS over a 4-5 minute Patchwerk as a Shadow Priest and came in either second or third. Someone was really close... but a mage beat me out by a large margin.
    http://insilicoguild.org/
    A community for everything WoW, including a forum, gallery, arcade and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Moocat
    You're looking at Patch kills <2 minutes. There's no way to guage DPS on a 2 minute fight because some classes with cooldowns will have their cooldowns going for nearly the ENTIRE FIGHT.

Shadow priests are NOT overpowered (though they were for about 2 days), the rest of your DPS just sucks. Mages should be able to easily out-DPS a Shadow Priest. Rogues are a but underpowered ATM but most pure DPS classes have an edge. If they aren't taking it, they suck. I do about 5k DPS over a 4-5 minute Patchwerk as a Shadow Priest and came in either second or third. Someone was really close... but a mage beat me out by a large margin.
    Haven't you thought that second of third is a bit high for a non DPS class, specially in a fight were SPs should shine the less? (no movement, single target). There they should be 9th or bellow on average. Of course you may outskill/outgear your guildmates.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrostemplar
    Haven't you thought that second of third is a bit high for a non DPS class, specially in a fight were SPs should shine the less? (no movement, single target). There they should be 9th or bellow on average. Of course you may outskill/outgear your guildmates.
    Nah, I think he is saying that the rest of his guild's DPS "just sucks", as SPs aint OP at all :

The better the gear gets, the more stable the SP position gets in the middle of the charts. Might be a scaling issue, but to early to say for sure.

On trash (or multi target in general) when we can chanel MS without issues (obvious reasons why this is sometimes hard, right?) we totaly own every other class.

On single target tank and spank fights, we are in the middle of the charts, but high above the tanks (remember tBC?), talking about a well geared and ballanced group (with all the buffs for melee and caster alike (like druid auras etc)). If we are higher then warlocks or mages, then /target and /lol them after posting the recount data on raid chanel. And be proud that you play a complicated class well.

Back in BC, the good shadow priests learned everything they could about their class -perfecting their rotation to provide the maximum possible dps they could to lead to more mana returns. Now that our damage has been increased to an average level, the extremely knowledgeable and skilled priests are tearing apart some meters. Depending what guild you are in and who you raid with, you will see shadow priests from 10th all the way to first. If a guild is geared perfectly and everyone is equally skilled, the priest should NEVER come in the top 5 in a fight, unless said fight favors aoe and movement.