Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Are SPs OP in PVE?

Our SP is behind locks, rogues, hunters, warriors and DK's. Top 5 dps is mostly everyone doing 5.3k+. We don't have any arcane mages though. Our SP lands mostly in the top 7 dps with 4.8k or so.

shadow scales poorly. thats why we were doing so fine on our first nax runs and then lose more and more ground while everbody gets better gear. sure that'll become more obvious with tier 8 gear and thus, hopefully fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Shynx
    shadow scales poorly. thats why we were doing so fine on our first nax runs and then lose more and more ground while everbody gets better gear. sure that'll become more obvious with tier 8 gear and thus, hopefully fixed
    i dont think so.....im still #1 on fights i used to be #1 (saph, heigan) and im still in same place on other encounters...

Where we atm suck is when the Fights are very short and we dont benefit that much from Bloodlust/Heroism as other classes do.

I just don't understand the Moaning and QQing going on about different classes DPS. People whinning about not showing up on damage meters.. people whinning about Hybrid classes topping their damage meters.. and so on.

Seriously though, I believe if the player knows what the hell he's doing he can out dps other players easily and notice that I used the term players instead of classes.

Despite of how people are linking WWS, I saw lots and lots of WWS links, with different outputs.. see? someone is crying about SP dps so he post WWS with SPs topping it while others cry about let's say Rets, they post WWS with Rets topping at the same fights. So we can conclude that it's the player what matters and that includes the way he's gearing his character/gemming/enchanting it as well.

You know, I many times got disappointed on DPS meters with different outputs and such but uh well, I'm convinced with one thing so far.. we're brought to the Raids as hybrids not for our dps alone but the utility we give to the whole raid.. same with shadowpriests.. same with druids and shamans.. and us Rets. I'd say to Pure DPS classes, know your class more, equip it.. enchant it.. the way you see it's going to maximize your dps and that's it.

Made by myself while I'm bored..

tl;dr but imo the moment a shadow priest turns on Shadowform, it stops being a hybrid class... what VE heals is not much to consider it proper healing (i know some will now stand up and shout they outheal healers with VE and w/e...)

How do u get numbers like these? geeez like srsly im tryin my best to improve my dps and while i consider myself a decent spriest seeing numbers like these make me feel like a total nub. I am truly jealous :-X
    Anyone care to point me in the right direction?
    I struggle to get 4800 on patchy only to see myself at past top 10 >.> I keep tryin new things modifying my rotations changing certain stats and the highest i can on a heroic target dummy is 3k. I would link armory but i am work atm but i am past the 2200 sp with IF around 19% crit and 385 haste.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmet
    tl;dr but imo the moment a shadow priest turns on Shadowform, it stops being a hybrid class... what VE heals is not much to consider it proper healing (i know some will now stand up and shout they outheal healers with VE and w/e...)
    ok, with your reasoning the moment a shaman specs into enhancment he's a pure class.

stupid reasoning is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by riggs77
    How do u get numbers like these? geeez like srsly im tryin my best to improve my dps and while i consider myself a decent spriest seeing numbers like these make me feel like a total nub. I am truly jealous :-X
    Anyone care to point me in the right direction?
    I struggle to get 4800 on patchy only to see myself at past top 10 >.> I keep tryin new things modifying my rotations changing certain stats and the highest i can on a target dummy is 3k. I would link armory but i am work atm but i am past the 2200 sp with IF around 19% crit and 385 haste.
    Numbers like these are made with aoe on most of the bosses u see eg. sarth - gluth - noth etc etc.
    Note also that fights like patch/faerlina are <2min fights, starting with aoe on faerlina, and here comes the superdps.

Quote Originally Posted by GAfo
    Numbers like these are made with aoe on most of the bosses u see eg. sarth - gluth - noth etc etc.
    Note also that fights like patch/faerlina are <2min fights, starting with aoe on faerlina, and here comes the superdps.
    I probably should have been more specific how can u get past 5k on patchy or above 9k on thaddius or pull more than 5k on globbulus :-\ .Mainly my point is that aoe fight or not, it seems like i am 1.5k-2k behind. Like i say i don't consider myself a nub spriest i stay on top of my "rotation" keep my gear properly enchanted/gemmed and such.

As a Spriest you normally do ~4k dps on patchy... ppl saying they pull 5k easy are inflating the numbers a bit imo... Ofc there might be a few who pull it off, i wouldnt say they are the majority of the raiding shadow priests.