Thread: PoH

PoH

I don't get how understand how buffing coh and making poh castable on other groups in raid is going to make me want to cast it more...

Someone help me plz....

The only time i ever use prayer is loatheb or when i can IF it.

Between (buffed) coh, pom and surge procs (off coh mostly)... i see no need to ever use poh with its mana cost so high..

thoughts?

Re: PoH

/agree

last time i checked PoH had amazing HPM if it heals 5 targets without overhealing. Ofc that was a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Reveil
    last time i checked PoH had amazing HPM if it heals 5 targets without overhealing. Ofc that was a while ago.
    That's still true, but that situation doesn't occur very often as of now. Maybe in ulduar that will be needed.

Don't forget Gluth's decimates. And, yes, PoH still has great HPM.

I know this might come as a shocker, but Disc has PoH too XD. Not to mention think of the help it can be in BGs.

Not everyone has CoH.

I'll rephrase:

As a holy priest......

Anyways, I'm not disputing prayer's hpm, just how much more effective and useful circle is (as holy of course).

As for gluth, we have most of the healers in the same group for water totems and such. With 2+ priests spamming coh, druids with wg and shamans with chain.... prayer = overhealing in most cases (in my experience).

There are plenty of situations to use PoH. Gluth & Loatheb only being 2 major examples. Its more of a discipline buff, so we can be a little bit better at group healing.

And they made DS available to all priests so holy priests will use their 51 point talent.

I use PoH enough to where the buff excites me. There is still a good number of pradictable aoe dmg in the game, be it raid bosses or trash and any changes to make our other AOE spells more effective is a good change.

I'll even use it on Malygos, a PoH and quick CoH usually tops everyone off after the fall while the other healer focus' on the tank.

I don't doubt that on certain fights (maly after vortex or gluth after decimate) it is effective. But it seems to me that in a 25 where you have more than one chain, coh or wg spamming person, that a decent portion will be overhealing.

I guess I'll have to wait until i see how much of a buff circle is getting. I'll definately cast prayer but I just think that it's far to situational even after the buff. (ie the same 2-3 fights (currently; i know ulduar is coming) keep getting quoted as good examples of when prayer is better than circle)

Everybody seems to fail at keeping in mind that all spells are situational to a certain extend. Saying a spell is worthless because you don't quite know how to use it or because it performs extremely well on only a few fights doesn't mean it's not worth casting.

PoH has incredible HPM, it's the best group heal Disc has and it scales way better with haste than CoH (due to being casted without a CD).

Being able to target it to hit other people than your party will make it very useful and pro tip : if all your healers healed with "The other healers in the raid will heal before me, I'll let them do it" in mind then your raid would be dead. You're not in a race against others to heal before them, you need to work as a team to fulfill your role : keeping everyone alive so THEY can fill their roles.
    Donolgann, the Astral Walker <WHATEVER WERE AWESOME>
    Magtheridon-US

Quote Originally Posted by Donolgann
    Everybody seems to fail at keeping in mind that all spells are situational to a certain extend. Saying a spell is worthless because you don't quite know how to use it or because it performs extremely well on only a few fights doesn't mean it's not worth casting.

PoH has incredible HPM, it's the best group heal Disc has and it scales way better with haste than CoH (due to being casted without a CD).

Being able to target it to hit other people than your party will make it very useful and pro tip : if all your healers healed with "The other healers in the raid will heal before me, I'll let them do it" in mind then your raid would be dead. You're not in a race against others to heal before them, you need to work as a team to fulfill your role : keeping everyone alive so THEY can fill their roles.
    that was exactly my thoughts
    i've seen alot of people falling into that pit blaming blizzard for making this game shitty with useless spells where they, in fact, are making them situational
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

PoH is pretty useless for 25 mans unless you know survivalable AOE is coming. I'm thinking of Naj'entus' tidal shield. While we'd just CoH all the damage, now we could concievably CoH, PoH, PoH, CoH.

But yeah it's massively situational - the likelyhood of a single group taking that kind of damage and Not being healer before PoH hits has to be low.

Still it is a fantastic 5-10 man spell.