Thread: Class changes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Class changes

I'd actually been thinking about a 61 point talent: Prayer of Shielding, and was trying to go over numbers in my head that would make it work (30% base mana cost, 2 minute cooldown, aspiration bringing it to 1.4) but hey if Blizz is gonna do the work for me with PW:B then by all means :P

Serendipity ought to be a little fun about weaving heals in to increase HPS somewhere along the way.

Edit: Although, if they're going to make DS baseline, in my opinion, why not combine Imp DS with Imp Fort (at the Fort spot on the tree). Make it two points we're already going to spend in the first place? Or is that just too easy of 101 spellpower for Holy, too easy for 96 spellpower for Shadow?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

sorry if this has already been covered but just a quick question about serendipity are the changes being added to the already exsisting talent i.e. it will now return mana if your greater heal heals over 100% AND will reduce the cast time or has it been changed completely to just reduce cast time. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noza2004
    sorry if this has already been covered but just a quick question about serendipity are the changes being added to the already exsisting talent i.e. it will now return mana if your greater heal heals over 100% AND will reduce the cast time or has it been changed completely to just reduce cast time. Thanks
    The mana thing is something they seem to be quite proud of, and it rewards you for being the one to "top people off" (something they recycled from the Avatar set). I'm pretty sure that the haste buff will be "in addition to", but hey that's just me, and Blizz has done some goofy (sometimes stupid) stuff every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh
    It's a bad idea to assume the function of a spell in a game is based solely on the terminology of its name. Actually, splitting hairs and being anal retentive isn't a good idea in general.
    No, but it's a pretty safe assumption now that they have new tech capable of pulling it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    The mana thing is something they seem to be quite proud of, and it rewards you for being the one to "top people off" (something they recycled from the Avatar set). I'm pretty sure that the haste buff will be "in addition to", but hey that's just me, and Blizz has done some goofy (sometimes stupid) stuff every once in awhile.
    I really hope so because im definately oe of those people. Also for fights such as patchwerk where you are literally spamming for 90% of the fight i think i'd be surprised how much mana return you get from this one talent. Hoprfully it will be 'in addition to' like you say

Quote Originally Posted by Yzaron
    Lets go through every point here
    * Divine Spirit – this spell is now a core ability available to all priests.

For raids this spell was useless as it was over-written by Totem of Wrath (and some warlock abilities i THINK) so disc priests rarely took it unless for heroics.
    You're wrong
    DS will never been overwritten.
    The the aura of a felhunter, what needs a warlock who sacrifices much of his dps for raid support, grands only 40 spirit.
    ToW only overwrites the additional effect of Improved DS.

But ImpDS will need 2 skill points in future too, and is still only available for Disc-Priests.
    ImpDS was never designed as a raid talent. It's nice for pvp, leveling, farming and 5 man instances.

I like the changes, its been due.

My only worry is, serendipity changing. 25% mp back from an overheal.
    pretty much 1 of the good reasons for g.healing in a fasthealing raid.
    (if i read it correct)

Keeping mp up has always been 1 of the core problems as holy priest.
    Once the fights grow longer with Ulduar, and replenishments get nerfed a bit more..
    well serendipity will be 1 tool less to help you keep mp up