Dispersion boost for pvp

I have a priest and havent stepped in the arena shadow since s4 because of the burst dmg. What needs to happen or i hope that blizz would do is buff dispersion a little more.

Give it something a long the lines of a fear effect if someone is attacking you while in your shdw ball. Or put a blind effect and a dmg reflection ability to stop rogues and warrs from just beating on you throughout and your dead right when you come back out of it.

And to make it even easier you can make it a glyph so you dont fear mobs around in pve.

And discuss...

Re: Dispersion boost for pvp

Make it work like a paladin bubble (dispels all, make immune to damage), or CloS (where we can attack) -- only proper solutions.

The only real problem I have with dispersion is that a rogue/druid can beat on you and build combo points only to wreck shit on you the second you get out and paladins can still do 55% damage with their avenging wrath up. I don't think just changing dispersion is going to solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by nidaime
    I have a priest and havent stepped in the arena shadow since s4 because of the burst dmg. What needs to happen or i hope that blizz would do is buff dispersion a little more.

Give it something a long the lines of a fear effect if someone is attacking you while in your shdw ball. Or put a blind effect and a dmg reflection ability to stop rogues and warrs from just beating on you throughout and your dead right when you come back out of it.

And to make it even easier you can make it a glyph so you dont fear mobs around in pve.

And discuss...
    Dispersion contributes only a little to our survivability pvp-wise. We can still be snared, stunned, whatever. Dispersion right now doesn't prevent death, it just prolongs it. If we could maybe cast while in dispersion or at least be immune to stuns.

Although, after reaching 1800 last week as shadow (yes, it is possible but extremely arduous and painful) I still think we need an escape ability. Warlocks got their gate and mages have blink, sheep and iceblock. We really need something that gives us a chance to survive and not something that adds 6secs to the time we have. And believe me, the dps is just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by heriana
    The only real problem I have with dispersion is that a rogue/druid can beat on you and build combo points only to wreck shit on you the second you get out and paladins can still do 55% damage with their avenging wrath up. I don't think just changing dispersion is going to solve the problem.
    Yup, this is what I mean. I normally get cycloned when I disperse, so I'm stuck on the spot. Apart from the mana regen ability, there's no long-term positive effect from dispersion whatsoever, always in terms of survivability.

Dispersion serves its function well against most classes. Our entire PvP survivability shouldn't be focused around one spell with a 3 minute cd.

As the spell stands now, all it does is reduce damage (and regen mana) we can still be stunned, snared, etc while in it, even with the changes where it removes such things on cast. These things are then instantly recast because most of them don't have super long cooldowns.

I think an anti-mele "Cloak of shadow" change would be nice. Such as reducing the chance that melee will hit us by 90% and it removes all melee based debuffs (mainly snares). With so many anti-caster melee classes, it would be nice to have an anti-melee shadow priest.

Keep us vulnerable to spell damage, at least like we are currently. But give us the ability to shut melee abilities down like Silence, Cloak of shadows, and spell reflect do to us.

This may not be the appropriate place for this comment, seeing as it's a discussion about dispersion in pvp, but I'd be interested to see how bringing back the "increases your damage by a certain percentage for one minute after you use dispersion" ability that was latched into dispersion for a short period of time before it was deemed as overpowered. It could potentially have a bit to offer, when it comes to the 'it takes a bit for shadow priests to actually do damage, with having to stack shadoweaving and throw dots up'.

Overall though, I agree that we need some sort of tool against melee.

Quote Originally Posted by heriana
    Dispersion serves its function well against most classes. Our entire PvP survivability shouldn't be focused around one spell with a 3 minute cd.
    Have you ever played a shadowpriest before? you have no idea what are you talking about?
    i guess, you are trying to protect your class so you can have more free kills in the future gtfo on our forum!

I'm not sure what the guy above me is trying to say exactly, but all in all I would agree with Heriana. Dispersion certainly has its pitfalls, but really only if you think of it in terms of "i push this button and, like a pally, or mage, should gain some immunity or get a second chance..." If you think of it like that, then yes it does fall quite short of those expectations; however, if you consider it as a move that purely gains you survivability then it does its job well. It is excellent for absorbing powerful cd's..such as whirlwind, killing spree, or execute/hammer of wrath/kill shot type moves....if used intelligently it can mitigate a serious amount of damage. So in effect it works...just not how many shadowpriests would like it to.

Heriana's point is that many spriests use dispersion after they have been the victim of some ridiculous opening attack or prolonged stunlock, in an attempt to escape and reset things...and that, currently, is not what it is for. So essentially the core problems with shadowpriest survivability do not lie in the supposed failness of ONE ability, but in the lack of other abilities that would allow you to strategically use dispersion instead of popping it in desperation. I think that was his point...and quite a good one at that. I personally would rather get other abilities to use rather than rely on the multiple effects of one ability with a 3min cd to insure my survival.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Acerra
    I'm not sure what the guy above me is trying to say exactly, but all in all I would agree with Heriana. Dispersion certainly has its pitfalls, but really only if you think of it in terms of "i push this button and, like a pally, or mage, should gain some immunity or get a second chance..."
    That's the problem: Shadowpriests don't even get a FIRST chance.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I've always thought personally, like some others have, that the main thing we need is an escape mechanic. Warlocks were in the same boat, but then they were given skillcoil and a gate. So i always thought Dispersion should be the priests 'blink'...I mean hell, that's not OP in the least for being a 51 pt. talent with a CD if you ask me...maybe even nerf the mana regen on it and bring the CD to 1 min.

I'd say, Give it a 2 min cooldown and add 20 to 40% hp to it, also a Blink like the Rasputen said or some speed buff.