How good is discpriest @ pvp with decent resi?

so wondering if i should buy that hateful set, but wondering if its anywhere near as good at surviving as before 3.0?
    dunno how much resi u get from full gear, but maybe 800-900? will u be able to survive a rogue or whatever, until ur out of mana or do u still get bursted down faaaast?

Re: How good is discpriest @ pvp with decent resi?

I can kite a deekay around untill I go oom with 800 resilience.

Disciplin is as awesome as ever.

There are very few things that can kill you with proper gear. As in = solo kill you.

DKs are a joke ATM for me, they will never kill be as long as I have mana (I won't kill them eather ofc). Things have realy changed with a little bit more resi... no that was a lie, it probably has a lot to do with my uber skill. OK that was a joke, you just have to learn how to deal with them. It's not hard to shackle that gargoyle and kill the ghoul, now is it? Ret palies are also preaty easy most of the time, with no interupts and MS efects thay can go... you know what.

The things that do kill me: (random order)
    1. purge happy Enh shaman with wolfes + Bloodlust/Heroism - not THAT hard, but it takes a lot of practice to survive a multi zerg like this, and there are very few shamans playing arena as Enh, so this proves to be a hard thing to master. Usualy they just take you by suprise and you die before you realise what the **** is happening.
    2. godly geared arms wariors that catch me with Bladestorm at the right moment. Also something you can learn to live through, but they can bring some serious hurt if you are not carefull... Hamstring + Mortal Strike + Bladestorm = do you have your cooldowns ready? No? Sorry mate, you die...
    3. Rogues - big suprise, ey? They rape you and don't ever call again...
    4. Hunters - two words: viper sting.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Knf
    3. Rogues - big suprise, ey? They rape you and don't ever call again...
    4. Hunters - two words: viper sting.
    This. Everything else is managable through skill.

And guess what, those are the 2 classes that apply poisons. Strange, huh?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

i played a priest for the first time ever today, had 750ish resil, i solod a ret pally using nothing but shield renew and prayer of mending (pally was in 25 man naxx gear)

allright thanks for answers
    hmm too bad theres so damn much rogues out there, atleast used to be, not done any arena since before 3.0 (and never with priest )

everyone i see in general chat looking for a healer for 2on2, is looking for shammy or pally though, are they better, or just easier to play with lowerish resi?

Pally = much better then any other healer. Totaly imba atm. Period.

Shaman = probably easier would be the right answer. But also a lot more... flexible i gues. Just bring more to the table. Much more def helps with the melee burst (shields have more def then my whole raid-buffed priest ffs), they have poison dispels (passive through totems - how cool is that?), dispels, purges and a nice instant heal. Plus BL/heroism and other dps buffs (=totems) for all classes. This is probably better then the priest 2k hp that will be instantly purged (as far as buffs are conserned).

All the classes bring something uniq to the game, and all the classes need skill to be realy good. Priests are hard to master imo. As for the rest I do not like to judge things like this.