Thread: Shadowfiend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Shadowfiend

In fights like sapph where you know it can die easily you should have a macro that casts PW:S on it... sure that eats a bit of mana but it will keep it alive long enough to give you higher net mana.

I also find on sapph that I have VE up and that will heal the aura damage nps, it's more the tail swipe or cleave or blizzard that's a problem if I don't cast the fiend in the exact right spot... i generally try to do it on a 45 degree angle to sapph (from the back of course) and this tends to help him survive.

In all honnesty I don't need fiend mana that bad but the point is taken that it is perhaps a little squishy and could probably have it's health increased and some aoe resistances.

Shadowfiend returns 4% max mana per hit, atacks up to 10 times. So up to 40% mana, this is how he works now. Just to make things clear.

Yeah, I don't think it would be over powered to have him "phased out" and/or untargetable. In the curent form it sux, if the high resistance failes it dies in 1 shot from anything - thats WAY to random.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh
    What would be so OP about it just being totally immune to CC and snares/roots, unblockable/unparryable, and heavy resistance to damage? It's not as though it does amazing DPS or anything.

Evocation is 60% mana and health, is on a 2 minute cooldown (for arcane), and the only way it can fail is if it gets spell interrupted. (I think. Is the whole channel interrupted if the mage gets hit?)

Why can't our mana recovery method be virtually guaranteed to return mana? Even if the fiend lands every blow, it won't return 60% mana, and certainly doesn't restore health.
    Well, the shadowfiend only takes one GCD to use, while a mage using evocation has to stop attacking and stand still for 8 seconds to get 20% more mana back than the shadowfiend gives (if it lands all its hits).

The channel is 8 seconds, with 2 seconds removed the first two times you are hit, so hitting can knock it down to 4 seconds and 30% mana recovered. Also, movement, stuns, knockbacks, ect all break it instantly.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Knf
    Shadowfiend returns 4% max mana per hit, atacks up to 10 times. So up to 40% mana, this is how he works now. Just to make things clear.

Yeah, I don't think it would be over powered to have him "phased out" and/or untargetable. In the curent form it sux, if the high resistance failes it dies in 1 shot from anything - thats WAY to random.
    I was about to post something like this. It is a SHADOWfiend. It looks like a demon. So, imo he should be in another dimension, while attack mobs in our dimension. Like Kil'Jeaden where U summon him but his body remains in his dimension or something. No problem with him dying to anything and makes it as usefull as Evocation.
    In the Groves of Death

They should make it untargetable and give it 150% walking speed, Atleast you get some mana in that way, and maybe give it some skills ? stuns perhaps... since we still need a boost in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnium
    Like Kil'Jeaden where U summon him but his body remains in his dimension or something.
    His legs. The rest is out in our dimension casting darkness ;-)

Lets just hope that blizzard will find a good way to make shadowfiends more reliable.

I would like to see the Shadowfiend's health buffed somewhat. I don't expect to be able to tank bosses with it, but I'm getting a bit tired of my 3700HP raid buffed Shadowfiend dying to environment damage constantly on Sarth3D.

I know enough to use my shadowfiend after certain boss abilities, such as stomp, t-clap, frostbolt etc. I'd say that at least 50% of the time on Sarth3D, however, my shadowfiend won't run it's full duration. Usually it's resistances are pretty good, but the health is just too low. Buff it up to where the other class pets are, and I'll be happy.

Don't even mention Shadowfiend and Sarth3D in the same sentence please...

Why not, on 3 drakes he is 5% of your maximum mana back with the minor glyph
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    They could give it Cloak of Shadows, and I would be very happy.
    Give it same abilitys/stats as a rogue, 25k health pool, deathcoil and bubble, then i would be happy.

I don't like the idea of my mana regeneration cooldown being better at PVP than my class...

Why not? Hunter pets are better at PvP than your class. So are Felpups.

Quote Originally Posted by Silkath
    Thats why I put on my full raiding gear, change the hit rating items for pure nuke loving items and melt some faces in BGs / Wintergrasp. My dps realy shines there, I'm sure as hell that many huntards and pallies posted "NERF DA SHADOW KILLERZZ!!!11one" topics on general forums after they /quit

Quote Originally Posted by Silkath
    Exactly, but our pet only lasts about ten seconds :P

They should give it 20k hp, and Immune to fear and stuns, 50% run speed and improve the Duration, it's just as bad as dispersion .

Well, at any rate, Blizzard mentioned a change for Shadowfiend, we will have to wait to see exactly what that change is...