Mods for Disc Priests

I am switching over to disc long-term and I am wondering what kind of mods I can get to help me. I am looking to be able to do the following things:

-See who has Divine Aegis on them and how much the shield will absorb
    -See a list of everyone right next to each other that have a Weakened Soul debuff
    -See who has the Grace buff on them and the duration remaining

These are the main 3 things I want - I already have a sufficient mod for actually healing. I know there is DotTimer but it annoys me because when I am shadow it also fills my screen with all the people that have Replenishment and I don't care about that. I don't want to have to re-adjust the mod every time I respec.

Any advice appreciated!

Re: Mods for Disc Priests

I'm pretty sure there are quite a few unitframe mods that will track class-important debuffs specifically (like Weakened Soul), though I'm not sure about the proximity thing. I don't think it can check distances between anyone but you and someone else.

I believe Quartz will track buffs on different targets if you want to go that route, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble
    I'm pretty sure there are quite a few unitframe mods that will track class-important debuffs specifically (like Weakened Soul), though I'm not sure about the proximity thing. I don't think it can check distances between anyone but you and someone else.

I believe Quartz will track buffs on different targets if you want to go that route, as well.
    Sorry, when I said I meant right next to each other I wasn't very specific. Right now I am using Healbot and it shows weakened soul effects but the bars are all spread out. I want something that shows those people right next to each other to minimize reaction time. I'm lazy, I know :P Just wondering if there's anything like that.

not sure if that fits what you are looking for but try using [ Grid ] + [ clique ] i think it's better than healbot anyway try it out ;D

Your basically asking for an addon that changes the sorted rows based on distance form you? As people get closer and further it changes the sort? Atleast that's what I'm hearing... Not possible. Blizzard changed things with 2.0 so that addons can't make 'live' lists like that (Decursive 1.0... how I miss you so)

As far as tracking who has what buff/debuff... Quarts, EventAlert, PowerAura's, Classtimers... I think DBM has some options to track some cooldowns as well (innervates, MD's, and what not)

I didn't really groove with DoTimers as well... Try Classtimers as mentioned above.

Kriis
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

Devia,

DoTimer is your best bet here, and Grid + Clique.

You said you don't want DotTimer to fill up your screen when you spec shadow for replenishment. There is an easy solution.

Type: /dot

Go into the section where you can eliminate the display of buffs.
    Add Replenishment to this list.

Keep your set-up and change DoTimer accordingly.

Thank you for the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by WernerCD
    Your basically asking for an addon that changes the sorted rows based on distance form you? As people get closer and further it changes the sort? Atleast that's what I'm hearing... Not possible. Blizzard changed things with 2.0 so that addons can't make 'live' lists like that (Decursive 1.0... how I miss you so)
    No. If you read my second post I clarified myself. I meant I wanted the rows sorted according to the debuffs/buffs they have. If it's not possible fine, just wondering. I'll try out ClassTimers.

Quote Originally Posted by mordingus
    not sure if that fits what you are looking for but try using [ Grid ] + [ clique ] i think it's better than healbot anyway try it out ;D
    I've already tried Grid + Clique, it is not better - it cannot do anything that Healbot can't. That's not what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Addictions
    Type: /dot

Go into the section where you can eliminate the display of buffs.
    Add Replenishment to this list.

Keep your set-up and change DoTimer accordingly.
    Thank you.

So...is there a mod that will display who has Divine Aegis and how much it will be absorbing? DotTimer doesn't seem to show DA on its list. Maybe I can mess with the configuration on that...

15+ Year Old Account

why would you want to track how much divine aegis absorbs? in a raid it will get knocked out so fast by a boss it's virtually pointless, and tracking it on raid members would be pointless as well because it's information you would hardly use, it'd just clutter your screen.

as for timers, classtimer is my fav. it will only show for the target you currently have, but pitbull or whatnot can be configured to display who has what buffs, and even durations left on them.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    No. If you read my second post I clarified myself. I meant I wanted the rows sorted according to the debuffs/buffs they have. If it's not possible fine, just wondering. I'll try out ClassTimers.

So...is there a mod that will display who has Divine Aegis and how much it will be absorbing? DotTimer doesn't seem to show DA on its list. Maybe I can mess with the configuration on that...
    In Wow 1.0, addons could create "live lists" and sort them at will... During that time, one of the best addons that a healer had was Decursive. Basically all it did, was created a "live list"... that put the most damaged or priority-to-get-dispelled person at top...

click #1 > Flash heal/Dispel > Click new #1 > Flash heal/dispel > click...

Blizzard didn't like the 'automated' aspect of that, and removed that ability in 2.0. It's even to the point now, that you can't adjust raid groups in combat (You used to be able to change groups... not anymo)

As for Shield Tracking...

It's not possible, afaik, to track shields or other forms of mitigation. It's because of this that Disc Priests will not top meters... approximately 30% of Disc "heals" are shield blocks, 3% mitigation, etc. If if was traceable, I'm willing to bet all of the damage meter people would be on that shit like wheat on rye.

Recount, or something similar, is the closest your going to get until Blizzard changes that. I, like many MANY other Priests, would love to see numbers for shields and mitigation. If you watch your combat logs, it's simply not there. Things can change tho, like PoM wasn't on meters before and couldn't be tracked, but now it can be. With the new healer in town, maybe Blizz will change it...

until then, like your other question, the answer is can't happen.
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym