Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: The "Five second rule"

Quote Originally Posted by Karmac27
    Crazy question here. Besides counting to five, is there a mod or another way to track the FSR?
    As mentioned above, Xperl unit frames has a marker that counts down to the five second rule. I believe that Quartz is also able to be set up to display this.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    As mentioned above, Xperl unit frames has a marker that counts down to the five second rule. I believe that Quartz is also able to be set up to display this.
    I'm not sure if it ever got updated to 3.0, but Regen_Fu does this.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Healbot411
    First went downranking, then FSR, its only a matter of time before stopcasting is gone to =(.
    The only way they could do this is to revert the "while casting" regen to be when you start casting, instead of finishing. While possible, I think we've got some time ahead, but hey that's just me.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    The only way they could do this is to revert the "while casting" regen to be when you start casting, instead of finishing. While possible, I think we've got some time ahead, but hey that's just me.
    They could just make mana cost at the start of a cast instead of when it actually lands. Like downranking, it's still in the game, but it is pointless to do so. You could stopcast, but since you are already charged the mana of that cast there is no reason to.

IMO its becoming harder and harder to separate yourself from other priests except from gear. In BC i didn't have the gear, or the time to raid as much as many people, but i made up for my lack of gear by doing things many average priests didn't do. With these nerfs (downranking, and soon FSR) if feels more of bring the best geared person who has more free time, not the best player.

I really hope they don't nerf stopcasting, but i see it as an inevitable nerf since it stops the years of PvP QQ (with interrupts) and solves our infinite mana in PvE.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

greenmasheen

They could just make mana cost at the start of a cast instead of when it actually lands. Like downranking, it's still in the game, but it is pointless to do so. You could stopcast, but since you are already charged the mana of that cast there is no reason to.

IMO its becoming harder and harder to separate yourself from other priests except from gear. In BC i didn't have the gear, or the time to raid as much as many people, but i made up for my lack of gear by doing things many average priests didn't do. With these nerfs (downranking, and soon FSR) if feels more of bring the best geared person who has more free time, not the best player.

I really hope they don't nerf stopcasting, but i see it as an inevitable nerf since it stops the years of PvP QQ (with interrupts) and solves our infinite mana in PvE.
    if they did that, there would be a LOT of people complaining. the implications of this in pvp would make a lot of people mad.

^^

yep, faking spells in pvp has atleast same use as stopcasting heals in pve, casters are mostly raped nowadays anyway, they dont need another pvp nerf tbh

First went downranking, then FSR, its only a matter of time before stopcasting is gone to =(.
    For me the stopcasting GH is actually almost gone.
    The only encounters I'm finding myself assigned (as every other holy priest I guess) to tanks, a.k.a predictable damage, a.k.a stopcasting GH to get the right timing with the hit, are Meteor 4H, Patchwerk tanks, Faerlina's Enrage, that's it.
    With the absurd HPS holy paladins are putting out in singlespamming a spell our big heals are not that needed.