Deleted

Please explain Deep Healing to me?

Could somebody explain Deep Healing to me? I know it makes me heal people with less hp for more, but...the whole scaling system (the less hp the more healing) is a bit confusing to me, how does it scale?

I've always assumed that it was a percentage of the number.

Let's say the target is at 10% then the heal would be 90% of whatever you're mastery number was..let's say 40%.

Healing a 10% health target will be 36% better than healing a 100% target.

I made these numbers up, but they are probably close. Maybe a real shaman can come in here and help =P

Deleted
    I think how it works is; if you healed a target at 0% (which is ofc, impossible) you'd get 100% of your mastery bonus which if I recall correctly is 3% per point. Each character has 8.00 base points.

So a naked shaman would heal a target at 0% HP 24% better better than they'd heal a target at 100%. A target at 25% health would be healed for 18% more by the Shaman. On a target at 50%, they'd heal for 12% more. A target at 75% would recieve 6% more healing.

Obviously more mastery increases the percentages.

I thought of it more as full health(100% healing), 50% health(100%+(42%/2)) so 121% healing

i could be wrong on the numbers but what i gather is it will increase the healing done the less health your target has meaning it will go over the 100% mark

edit:starbuy beat me to it

Yeah. It's a linear scale. If the target is at 99% health, you heal them for 1% * [insert your Mastery %]. If they're at 1% health, you heal them for 99% * [insert your Mastery %]. So yeah, Clawtrocity was pretty close to correct.

http://lifeingroup5.com/?p=2258

Y
    ou don't need to read the entire thing but somewhere in there it's fully, accurately explained.

Your mastery gives you up to X% bonus healing. When you heal a person at Y% HP, your heal is boosted by X*(100-Y)%.

When I heal somebody who's about to die and they wind up getting a monster heal, I chalk it up to mastery. Sometimes in randoms if I'm healing a Paladin tank I'll actually mistake the big heal landing on them at the last second and critting for the Pally popping Lay on Hands.

Me: Wow, nice save with the lay on hands.
    Pally: I didn't lay on hands, you just instantly healed me from zero to 100%

That's our mastery for you. It'd be cool if instad of a bigger heal it was a haste buff when casting it on somebody who's almost dead, but I'm not even sure how that would be calculated.