Page 1 of 31
... LastLast
    Deleted

*Rawr.Enhance - Enhancement Shaman DPS calculator*

What is Rawr
    Rawr is a modular program designed to load your character stats from the armory and advise on upgrades by calculating what change in your DPS each piece of kit would make. The Enhancement module Rawr.Enhance does this calculation for Enhancement Shaman.

I've also added an Export to EnhSim option to Rawr.Enhance so you can create custom kit setups test the dps results in Rawr and export to EnhSim to get very detailed breakdown of your stats for those that demand extremely detailed analysis.

Using Rawr

1) Unzip Rawr v2.X.Y to a directory you have write access to - in Vista this will NOT be c:\program files. If you have Vista or Windows 7 I'd suggest c:\users\YourUserName\Rawr v2.X.Y

2) Run Rawr

3) Use the Load from Armoury option and load your character

4) view the charts to see what items would be upgrades, NB. you can use the filter options to filter out content you are unable to do (eg: T9 Heroic perhaps) or content that is too low level (eg: non-heroic instances)

5) mark gear you have available (eg: in bags/bank as well as equipped) this puts a little green diamond next to the item, and any alternative gemming of that item.

6) Run the optimiser to select from the marked gear and built a best in slot set from that gear. Rawr will regem/reenchant to get the best possible dps from the items/gems/enchants marked as available. NB. if you wish you can mark items with a blue diamond to say that this one shouldn't have its gems/enchants changed.

7) View your character in 3d for fun.

You can watch a video of how to make the most of Rawr on youtube.

Download Links

Main Rawr Website for instructions and usage. Download of Rawr main application : v2.3.5 release

Rawr.Enhance.zip - extract to Rawr directory overwriting existing files

For clarity - Download the main application, then download the zip file and extract the files to your Rawr directory overwriting the existing files with the newer versions. Then and only then run the application and confirm the version number on the splash screen and on the Enhancement module page (see graphic below) matches the latest version.

NB. If you wish to report any issues please scroll down the stats window until you see the version number, you MUST quote this on any reports you give.

Picture shows how to find the version number.

Version History

Version 2.2.27.25495
    Fixed issue with graph option moved to another tab not being bound to actions
    EnhSim export now recommends v1.9.1.2 or higher.

Version 2.2.27.20990
    Add support for Boss Handler multiple targets - implemented for Magma totem dps so far
    Rework options panel moving graph to another tab and deleting fire totems options (now based on priority ticks)
    Tweaks on option panel - fight length wasn't updating right.
    Change Hide Professions to use global setting
    Added Disable All Buffs option to tools menu
    Added display of Professions to Main Form
    Unique gems now show in list with zero value if they would disable other gems. This allows selecting a new unique gem without having to disable it in the other slot first
    Fix bug where health from buffs wasn't being counted.
    Add default mixology buff on Flask of Endless Rage if Alchemist

Version 2.2.27.29872 - Fixed BossHandler
    Added initial support for Fire Nova & Fire Elemental - doesn't affect dps at present.
    Fixed bug where BossHandler changes weren't doing anything.

Version 2.2.27.29943 - Base model new features
    Preview release for Enhancement Shaman. New Rawr base that includes ability to view your character in animated 3d wearing whatever you equip in Rawr. So if you download Wowhead PTR data you can view your character in Icecrown gear today.

Version 2.2.27.19991 - Hit Rating Fix
    MAJOR breakthrough - I finally managed to identify the issue with hit rating. It was in the white damage dps section. I was inaccurately taking the total white damage (hits+crits+glances) and adjusting it for the miss rate. Crit and glancing damage shouldn't be affected. This was making hit rating appear to make a bigger influence on damage than it should have. Note its only a minor change in total dps but it's enough for hit rating to drop down below AP & Haste as has been seen in EnhSim.

Version 2.2.27 - New General Release
    Fix for invalid WF calc that allowed fast MH weapons to appear good
    Fix for magma totem not always 100% uptime.
    Fix minor display issue for Magma totem hit/crit percentages.
    Added Fire Totem Uptime display
    Tweak to WF proc rate to bring it more into line with EnhSim outputs
    Added Black Magic Enchant (the patch 3.3 haste variant as the old one is poor)

Version 2.2.26.20398 - Special Release to fix WF issue
    Fix for WF issue showing fast MHs as good

Version 2.2.26 - New General Release
    Revised GCD interference model - no longer use unstable priority system
    Added optional filter on professions so that enchants for professions you don't have don't show up
    Added Option to view your character in 3D.
    Implemented T10 bonuses
    Added display of T10 set bonus uptimes
    Tweaks to ED uptime calcs
    Small tweaks to flurry calcs
    Implemented independent uptime displays for MH & OH Enchants
    Changed WF to use a stationary distribution model - NB. This is the change reverted for v2.2.27
    Added extra uptime stats and tweaked special effect trigger conditions
    Added Average AP & Average SP display to front panel tooltips.
    Modified abilities to have some GCD interference chances
    Added gemming templates that don't respect socket colour
    Modified LS spellpower co-efficient
    Fixed WF PPM display
    Fixed Feral Spirits crit rate
    Added a PPM display to assist diagnosing how much GCD intererence affects dps
    Altered priorities to use .25 sec queueing
    Removed Amplify magic as relevant buff
    Added Intellect to stats graph and amended graph to up to 12 stats.

Version 2.2.24 - New General Release
    Added Flame Shock
    Added Flame Shock Glyph
    Added Simulation for mana usage
    Added user customisable Priority Queues
    Added Graphing option to view the effect of adding/subtracting stats to/from your kit. With this you should never need EP values again.

Version 2.2.23 - New General Release
    Added Priority Queue system to model GCD interference - this should speed up calculation times and be more accurate model of GCDs
    Right clicking an item now brings up the gemming interface as in game
    Added intial code to support user definied priorities
    Changed to new SpecialEffect style Heroism/Bloodlust buff calculations

Version 2.2.22
    Added new BossHandler options to simulate different boss fights.

Re: Some volunteer testers for Rawr.Enhance required

Levva, can you give me some more details on this? I have a lot of programming experience and could possibly do some work on it in my spare time. As for the basic info when I load my character in virtually all stats are incorrect. Not sure if posting the differences would be useful or what exactly you are looking for. Getting inside of it and editing the code on the other hand would be quite fun

You can download express versions of Microsoft's development applications (such as Visual C#). They're not nearly as nice as the higher end versions (I miss the real-time capabilities ), but they'll compile just fine.

Bah! I don't think I can partake in the fun because I am on mac, seems to be an executable file. Good luck to you Levva, love ShockAndAwe

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Barrar
    LOL, I'm pretty rusty on my coding as well. Most of my experience is with plain C and Java so not sure how quickly I could grasp the differences. I have used MS Visual Studio once before (yeah, i know), but I do not currently have the software to use. All you are needing relating to that is a button for the GUI right? There has to be one nice person on the Rawr site that could implement that little piece for us ;D
    Yeah WTB a C#/C++ programming guy who can do a bit of the basics. I'm happy to do the calculation stuff once I can work out where everything goes. The problem with a project of this size is working out what the class hierarchy is (working out the syntax is another side issue ). ie: I look through the code and see references to various variables but not entirely sure where the data comes from. I'm getting there though.

However its just scratching the surface, working out how it fills out the panel in the actual view the end user sees is not something I've looked at yet. Hence the need for someone who is very familiar with C#/C++ to do the needful and add a menu option or export button to save me having to work out how that bits hang together too. If I have an interface to write to I can do the necessary to create the EnhSim export code. It would also be useful to have a module version included so when testing we knew what people were using to get the results they see.

I use C# regularly and still have some bit of a grasp left on my old C++ roots... although I don't do many non-work-related things.

I'm also familiar with C# and my job description says "Verification Test Engineer" :P

Where to report Bugs/Defects?
    =
    Ofcourse @ codeplex :

Deleted

Ok module is coming a long a bit, got health and mana and base stats working now, I hope. AP, hit & crit values are next. What I could do with is some more Armory profile info to compare and contrast. So I can check what values I should be seeing. To save me a lot of work if volunteers could give armory link and quote what their AP, hit & crit values are from Gear, and what values from enchants. ie: not just reading off armory data which sometimes skips stuff or includes/excludes talents but actually adding up the values from gear and enchants separately.

Deleted

Tidied up this thread a lot and re-worked the original post to be more user friendly, with version descriptions and download link. I also removed posts that referred to the source download and to no longer relevant questions. Idea is to keep the thread focused on the new task of developing the module.

Deleted

New version 2.1.9.28480 uploaded.

I've fixed melee crit & spell crit although for some reason I can't work out yet the Armoury profile is showing EXACTLY 2% more spell crit for some players. I have yet to find a common thread as to why this would be. What would add exactly 2% spell crit to the armoury character sheet? A buff? I thought the Armoury displayed without buffs these days? A talent? Perhaps! A trinket/item that has on proc/use/special? Any ideas anyone?

Perhaps 2% spell crit from flametongue glyph?

This is probs a bit obvious but the 'item optimiser' thing at the side dosent take set bonus into account >< guess it leaves it down to personal prefrence that bit

edit: oh it also keeps telling me IODS is the best trinket for me ? >< also tells me that some green ilvl174 axe is the best whep there is \o/

other then that quite a nice lil program

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Draenorm
    Perhaps 2% spell crit from flametongue glyph?
    DOH!!! Of course. I've not tried to implement glyphs into the model yet so they are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by pelanat
    This is probs a bit obvious but the 'item optimiser' thing at the side dosent take set bonus into account >< guess it leaves it down to personal prefrence that bit

edit: oh it also keeps telling me IODS is the best trinket for me ? >< also tells me that some green ilvl174 axe is the best whep there is \o/

other then that quite a nice lil program
    Did you bother to read the bit about the Enhance module only having basic stats available at present it doesn't do any reliable dps calcs yet. So you can guarantee that its going to be poor at itemisation.

BTW the style of your report I'm afraid is utterly useless for debugging even if I was at that stage of debugging.

1) You missed out the version number - VITAL info

2) You refer to IODS without typing the name for clarity

3) You mention that "some green ilvl174 axe" which is so totally vague as to be laughable. If you are going to contribute to the thread it has to be a meaningful contribution.

I will leave your post here as an example of what NOT to do. Please guys we all want the model finished asap so we can get meaningful results, let me focus my time on responding to meaningful posts and not dealing with this sort of well meaning but useless post.

Deleted

Yeah I think thats rounding error rather than real difference, I will investigate though, your armoury profile URL is? The whole dps calcs haven't been touched yet, all the item recommendations are based off having accurate dps calcs, so the fact that these are missing means the recommendations will not be accurate. I'm still needing to verify what I've done so far and correct the other stats eg: spell power. Then I can start on the dps calcs.

What I think I will do is add an extra dps calc section that breaks down the dps by type so that the same test can be done in EnhSim to compare and contrast the calcs.

Levva, just wanted to give you props on the work you've done so far. I just did a new comparison and my

health, mana, AP, agility, intellect, strength, yellow hit, spell hit, white hit, melee/spell crit and expertise rating are all showing proper values now.

I can say you've made some quick work of it to not know what you were digging through ;D Hopefully you can find another coder on the site to possibly help us out with the additional button in MS Visual Studio. Are there any stand alone tests I can do to help speed up your debugging process?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Barrar
    Levva, just wanted to give you props on the work you've done so far. I just did a new comparison and my

health, mana, AP, agility, intellect, strength, yellow hit, spell hit, white hit, melee/spell crit and expertise rating are all showing proper values now.

I can say you've made some quick work of it to not know what you were digging through ;D Hopefully you can find another coder on the site to possibly help us out with the additional button in MS Visual Studio. Are there any stand alone tests I can do to help speed up your debugging process?
    I've worked out the button business, and it works but at present gives a disappointing (for the user) result. Try it and see I used Visual Studio before back in the days when I used to code VB6!!! That was many many moons ago, strange how some skills can lie dormant and suddenly feel familiar when called into use.

Rawr Base code has changed in anticipation of the implementation of the new gem handling feature, so for now I cannot release any new test versions. Once v2.2 is released my code will once again be compatible. The issue is that at present my code complies against the v2.2 code base so it attempts to use features not present in the version everyone is currently using. v2.1.9.

Once I can release the v2.2 version the real fun begins - calculating the dps values. At present the module defines 10 different dps source calculations none of which are visible in the end result. It is my intention to add a DPS section and to list the various dps sources. A few reasons for this, first it makes it a lot easier to debug a problem with dps totals if you can independently check each source of dps for the error. Secondly I think it would be a lot more interesting to see the numbers and of course the percentage contributions. The third reason is that it makes direct comparison with the full blown sim a lot easier. It is anticipated that Rawr will do most of the calcs and give reasonably good results - good enough for most users. This is the design brief of the site author and a stipulation of the consent to add an export option. The export will be for the more demanding users to use in the more detailed sim calcs.

Rawr's basic calcs make use of averaging out values whereas the simulator simulates each swing and enacts a fight, letting the RNG work as if it did in game deciding procs etc. Rawr on the other hand assumes ok so mirror of truth gives +1000 AP and has an uptime of X therefore the average AP granted is Y. It then assumes you have this AP all the time so the calculations are "flatter".

Now of course there is no reason at all why the Rawr calcs couldn't just run an internal sim and have the sim code embedded, the Mage code seems to work in this sort of fashion. However this is well beyond the scope of what I am looking at and I'd suspect that Tukez the sim author isn't likely to want to go this route. So what we should end up with is a Rawr sim that produces decent numbers and is aimed at the "ease of use" market, and the EnhSim that produces Nth degree accuracy and aimed at the I NEED that extra +0.001% dps market :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rägnärok
    just wondering are there programs for other classes such as my death knight and warrior?? my next class is gunna be a shammy even though they are nothing like they used to be back when the pig on a stick ruled
    Rawr works for lots of other classes too, this thread is not the place for discussing those modules however.

My stats are almost completely off:

Live Stats:
    3223 AP
    777 Agi
    121 Str
    497 Int
    294 hit rating (8.97%)
    441 crit rating (26.85% melee 19.79% spell)
    107 expertise
    1064 spell damage

Rawr Stats:
    3316 AP
    772 Agi
    103 Str
    461 Int
    96.64% white hit, 100% spell hit
    47.19% melee crit
    32.94% spell crit
    107 expertise
    1235 spell damage

The only thing it got right was my expertise. My armory is accurate with my live stats. Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ad&n=Pwndabear or Pwndabear on Kel'Thuzad US

Also why is this program showing me nonexistent gem upgrades for my gear?

edit: 2.1.9

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by The Ninth Layer
    My stats are almost completely off:
    USELESS POST!!!!!

Sorry but if you don't quote the version number you may as well not bother. SERIOUSLY folks if you want to help you MUST post the version number, otherwise I have no clue if you are working with the version I posted 5 mins ago or one from two weeks ago. Replying "the latest" is also completely and utterly useless. Simply scroll down in the window and see the version number see the picture posted in the original post for instructions. Seriously it isn't hard.

I'm very very keen for feedback so I can fix issues, I appreciate the attempts to help but without a version number your information is useless to me, as I have no clue if I've already fixed the problem you are having.

I'm a part-time enhance shaman (weekends ftw!) and I'll attempt to test the next time I spec back. I've noticed the artifact you mention regarding crit; specifically, it affects only spell crit (not melee). I thought maybe it was some funkiness about how spell crit is calculated versus melee crit, but now I'm wondering whether it has to do with a specific talent - though all talents are supposed to affect flat crit, not specifically spells, I thought. It's definitely not a glyph; my glyphs (due to the part time enhance business) are resto (water shield/chain heal targets/lesser healing wave).

Armory (probably resto atm, sorry): http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...Kilrogg&n=Cota

edited my post to include the version