Best Feral gem for Blue socket?

I just got my Valorous helm to complete my set and realised that the +crit meta required 2 Blue gems to be activated.

With this in mind, I replaced 2 of my (fairly expensive) 16str gems with 16ap/12sta, then realised there were 8str/12sta gems available...and resocketed again.

Is there anything better for filling the 2 Blue requirement?
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Best Feral gem for Blue socket?

str / sta is best u can get

only things u cna get of a blue socket is spirit / mp5 / stamina / spell pentration and stmains is the less crap of thap ;D
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

If you're a JC, 27 strength obviously

If you're not a JC, then Enchanted Tear will be the best gem, provided that you don't mind paying 150g for a blue socket.
    WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.

I'll look into the Enchanted Tear.

Most of my stuff is best-in-slot anyway, so it wouldn't hurt to splash out.

Quote Originally Posted by sd78
    I'll look into the Enchanted Tear.

Most of my stuff is best-in-slot anyway, so it wouldn't hurt to splash out.
    on a side note, you should be using Relentless Earthstorm Diamond over Chaotic Skyflare Diamond anyway, as Agility should still be better than Crit rating. When you use RED you only need to fulfill 1 blue gem slot, which is a lot less trouble.
    WoTLK made it so every idiot in the world can get raid gear and prove to the world that gear isn't everything.

Am I a nub, or are most JC's on my servers nubs? I had to look up the enchanted tear on wowhead because I'd never heard of it.

I was all ready to answer your question with "the best gem for a blue socket is a non blue gem", then I was introduced to the enchanted tear. O.o

Those come from Siren's Tears?

think its 1 siren's tear and 4 infinite dust, pattern is from the jc trainer so all jc's should have it by default once they get over 400ish i think might be a bit higher than that can't exactly remember

They were selling for a stupidly low price on my server a month ago, now they're 300g each

There's none of those gems (enchanted tears) on my AH as of five minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Avermra
    on a side note, you should be using Relentless Earthstorm Diamond over Chaotic Skyflare Diamond anyway, as Agility should still be better than Crit rating. When you use RED you only need to fulfill 1 blue gem slot, which is a lot less trouble.
    GOOD CALL!!!

I just looked it up and Relentless Earthstorm gives 10agi/3%crit (which is actually better for Droods anyway) and doesn't require labourious re-socketing with sub-optimal gems.

Thank God I didn't buy those two Siren's Tears...

Sorry I screwed up the name

It's actually EarthSIEGE diamond, not Earthstorm. Earthstorm is the TBC version, which gives 9 fewer agility.

Quote Originally Posted by awake2830
    Am I a nub, or are most JC's on my servers nubs? I had to look up the enchanted tear on wowhead because I'd never heard of it.

I was all ready to answer your question with "the best gem for a blue socket is a non blue gem", then I was introduced to the enchanted tear. O.o

Those come from Siren's Tears?
    Enchanted Tears= Siren's Tears + 4 Infinite Dusts.

While it is the best blue gem, it should still not be used unless the offensive benefit you get, including the socket bonus, will exceed the benefit you get from 16strength or 16 hit, etc.

Sorry I screwed up the name

It's actually EarthSIEGE diamond, not Earthstorm. Earthstorm is the TBC version, which gives 9 fewer agility.
    The first thing I saw was 21agi/3%crit damage on the AH, so it's all good.

I resocketed my gay 8str/12stam gems with 16str and 6stats.

If you're a JC, 27 strength obviously

If you're not a JC, then Enchanted Tear will be the best gem, provided that you don't mind paying 150g for a blue socket.
    If your JC, you dont need to gem blue at all, cus those gems or all color, so you can pretty much put 3x 27 agi and you have your meta socket no matter what, and you can gem whatever you want the rest of your gear.
    There is no truth.