Pally Buff Timers

Recently went Holy and the only thing that annoys me is having to reapply Beacon every minute and i sometimes forget. If at all, what addons do you use to track buff timers and whatnot?

Why cant Beacon just last until canceled?

Re: Pally Buff Timers

Because it costs a lot of mana that they want you to use.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Get NugRunning. You can turn on a timer that will tell you how long it will be active for.

i have an orange dot in the bottom right corner of grid for "Light's Beacon" which shows me whether or not healing the said target will also heal the target i put the beacon on.
    I also have a macro which will put it on mouseover (on grid) or on focus (if i have one), or my target (in that order).
    Then i put my preferred beacon target on focus (and make a similar macro for sacred shield). I also have a mod called classtimers. Its not quite the best. i used to use it for poisons back when it was only "roguetimers" and I like it for dps classes better. but since i already have it i never changed. (it only watches target, self, and focus. so you cant have it watching for beacon of light unless you have the person targetted/focused... which is why i use focus a lot.) Its not the most effective way to do things. but i havent had any negative effects yet. Only problem is if put the beacon on a ret paladin to cover seal of blood and i keep focus on the tank, i lose the timer. but thats more of an exception than a rule.

Classtimers on your focus (beacon)

L2 play better

Quote Originally Posted by Sunociva
    L2 play better
    Thoughtful and intelligent statements like this make the forums a great source of information.

I can play just fine, I was simply looking for an EASIER way of keeping an eye on the timer so I can prepare my GCD in advance.

i guess im just more hardcore than others then. ive seen through Muru in sunwell and have accomplished most regular and heroic raid achievments so far and in all my time healing since naxx came out, i always manage to keep an eye on when beacon drops, without an addon. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Sunociva
    i guess im just more hardcore than others then. ive seen through Muru in sunwell and have accomplished most regular and heroic raid achievments so far and in all my time healing since naxx came out, i always manage to keep an eye on when beacon drops, without an addon. . .
    I play without any addons and I cast all my spells by opening my spellbook and clicking on them. I guess I'm just too hardcore for you people that try to makes things "efficient." L2 play more.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

/em hands "Draticus" a trophy

Quote Originally Posted by Ageto68
    I can play just fine, I was simply looking for an EASIER way of keeping an eye on the timer so I can prepare my GCD in advance.
    Spellreminder works just fine for this, and can also be used to track Sacred Shield, even without the recipient being targeted/focused.

15+ Year Old Account

Healbot shows bacon and SS icons on each target. It also gives you a countdown timer on each when they get to a certain amount of time left on them.

I was using the F1-F5 party interface and hotkeys before. Healbot with mouse button bound healing is a lot better.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.