Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Emblem Exchange: 2x Heroism for 1x Valor

Why not? I have 120 Heroism I don't need. They drop like candy.

Sure would be nice to exchange them for 60 Valor.
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

Re: Emblem Exchange: 2x Heroism for 1x Valor

No , 5 vs 1 would be agreeable ,

BUT farming heroics for t7.5 gear seems off the charts...

Dear God, please tell me you're joking? 20 vs 1 shouldn't even be allowed tbh :P
    "Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I'm the baddest motherfucker in the whole damn valley."

Um, how about buy some gems, sell said gems, make gold, laugh at easy money?

I could see a 5 to 1 ratio being acceptable when Ulduar comes out. Then being able to exchange for 7.5 gear would be acceptable because you wouldn't being buying some of the best items. As it is, any exchange would just lead to more give aways to people that don't have the patience or skill to actually raid.

No, just No.

Look at patch 2.4 when they brought BT quality items accessible by farming heroics?

It brought so much BS back then, I really doubt they'd allow the same thing to happen twice.
    Retired.Main:Gotts.80Warrior
    Retired.Alt:Xarathor.80Shaman
    Retired.Alt:Lurked.80Mage
    Retired.Alt:Cowned.80Druid

Why not? .... They drop like candy.
    You answered your own question.

Valor gear is supposed to be "harder" to obtain. This would make the gear farmable. You should never be able to do something in a lower tier to obtain gear for a higher tier.

The wow community has gotten really lazy, everyone just wants gear handed to them. Sigh, remember when it was truly EPIC to have a purple, and for that matter, ALL purples?

Get some BoA gear for all of your alts. If you don't have some, make them. Makes leveling them a little more fun.

Hmmm 20 to 1 would be nice You still will need 120 H badge to get 1 valor item so 20/1 would a good ratio

Quote Originally Posted by Kajak
    I could see a 5 50 to 1 ratio being acceptable when Ulduar comes out. Then being able to exchange for 7.5 gear would be acceptable because you wouldn't being buying some of the best items. As it is, any exchange would just lead to more give aways to people that don't have the patience, time, or skill to actually raid.
    Fixed

Well I think some sort of exchange rate is reasonable.

2:1/3:1/4:1/5:1

Its just dumb to object to this unless you just like feeling better than others. Not everyone has a 25 man guild.

Blizzard will inevitably find a way to devalue all your 25 man gear for Emblems just like with the Sunwell patch. I just figured this would be a better way than passing them out for Heroism like they did with Badges of Justice in TBC.
    (80) - (80)
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

Quote Originally Posted by ArmageddonX

Its just dumb to object to this unless you just like feeling better than others. Not everyone has a 25 man guild.
    if you have the time/skill/patience/skill/ oh yea skill to get get valor, you are better than others. shit shouldnt be farmable in instances so every joe scrub can get 7.25'd out

I have a 25 man guild, and thusly, I am better than you.
    Also a job, and a family.

/flex

but seriously, I'm sorry, but an MMO shouldn't go by the philosophy of "All people playing should eventually be able to get the same thing with time put in".

If that's true, shit, I should've had a superbowl ring when I was playing college football. I didn't have an NFL team, but hey, not everyone does.

That logic is flawed

You guys are aware this is a Video Game right? Right?
    (80) - (80)

Blizzard will inevitably find a way to devalue all your 25 man gear for Emblems just like with the Sunwell patch.
    well, join a bigger guild, we got 100 different member (alt not counted) and we do like 2/3 naxx 10 raids groups and a full 25 raid group in rotation each 2 day

im a french canadian, so what?
    If you think i'm a small gnome, bend over so i can slap you.

Going HC for the best tier in game?

No.

/palm face

/palm face harder

T7.5 should not be available and that easily attainable by badge exchange. If you do not run heroic 25 mans, you don't need T7.5 anyway.

Quick heads up.

I'm in a 25 man guild. I raid 25 mans. I'm a well geared 30.2k base Prot Warrior.

I'm just noticing that a lot of people, including myself, need some of the Valor rewards and I don't think it would be unreasonable to give them another way to obtain those items other than being in a 25 man guild.

The only people who are opposed to this are being selfish. Its a video game and all players should have equal opportunities to certain things. (It's not like they would be purchasing 25-man drops with them. Just the Emblem items.)

Either way. Blizz will institute something *like* this eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelli
    If you do not run heroic 25 mans, you don't need T7.5 anyway.
    I agree with this statement. All I'm saying is it would be nice as a 25-man raider to be able to trade in all the useless Heroism for *something*.
    (80) - (80)

The only people who are opposed to this are being selfish. Its a video game and all players should have equal opportunities to certain things. (It's not like they would be purchasing 25-man drops with them. Just the Emblem items.)
    They already do, that's kind of the point. Even if they just join a 25 man Vault, a 25 man Sartharion where they kill all the drakes first, etc. Easy, easy tokens they can save up. As for item deflation... it happens (since it's the nature of the game), but it doesn't have to happen at THIS point. It's far too early for people to start clammoring for easier stuff to level the iLevel playingfield when the game is already the most accessible state it's ever been in in terms of raiding and higher quality gear for the amount of time required.

It could be seen that the only people who would support this are the selfish ones. "Please, dear sir. Might I have more epic stamps, for I am unable to go work for food myself?"

Video game or not, having standards in place is important, and this would violate those in a terrible way.

I find it hilarious that certain people even have this notion "you're not allowed to have what I have".

I remember the same thing from the first year on; raiders were given progression. Non-raiders weren't given anything. Raid, or quit playing. Then, after months and months of asking on the forums for intelligence and logic to prevail, us non-raiders were given the dungeon set 2.

I was personally happy getting my rogue the Darkmantle set, which is to date the most beautiful and fitting rogue set made.

Then later on they wised up and gave us the badge gear.

Now, they've decided to segregate players once again. What I don't understand is the attitude that if someone asks to get 1 valor token for let's say 10 heroism tokens, or even 100, that there are people out there who say no.

But then again, it was the exact same thing from the first year on; raiders cried how they've put in hundreds of hours and tons of effort. Even when we, the non-raiders said we would put in thousands of hours and megatons of effort, the mentality was always the same. No. Raid or quit playing.

What's sort of hilarious right now is that you can PuG the 25man instances and get all the 25man valor gear available on vendors in a couple months. Even if all you do is join a PuG completely wasted and do absolutely nothing to contribute to the raid and let everyone carry you and RL you're just laughing at them, you can still get all the 25man valor gear available. Easily.

Wouldn't it make more sense to allow heroism tokens to be traded for valor tokens for some reasonable ratio? The average, and I'm talking about the average here, not the maximum, amount of heroism tokens you can get in an hour is somewhere around 6-7. Even if we say 10 per hour, then why would something like 20, 30, even 50 heroism tokens for one valor token be out of the question? 5 hours of work running boring 5man instances to get one token. 400 hours to get your chest piece.

Meanwhile you can PuG Archavon in 10-15 minutes, Obsidian in 30, and you get what, 2 from VoA, 4 or 5 from 0D Sarth? That's like 10 hours of work to do the same with heroics if the ratio is 50:1, for VoA, and 25 hours of work for Obsidian. And that's assuming you get 10 heroism tokens an hour, which you don't.

But still, the 25man raiders say no. Hard to manage a 25man raid and guild and all that crap. Well, it's not. It's not hard. 25man PuG's can do all the content on normal mode at the moment. No managing of raids required. Just steer the sheep in the right direction and you're done.

It's so amazing some people can be jealous even though they are the ones who have that something they're jealous of.

Just going off topic a little. If everyone agrees that the 25 man content is harder and valor emblems are harder to obtain then why does Blizz offer a 1/1 ratio for one valor to heroism emblem? If it is harder to obtain those emblems then why wouldn't you get more heroism emblems for the exhange? IMO the conversion doesn't seem justified since I could just roll into a heroic quick and just snatch up a badge with much less effort.