Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Set bonuses for priest in t8?

Hey, I've seen a few threads for other classes regarding what they want as the set bonus for t8 and I just wandered what priests thought would be best. If there's already a set list posted by blizz, then sorry for the new thread, but I couldn't find it.

I think the set bonuses for shadow are mediocre and the holy ones are decent. I play holy mostly and wonder what the new ones will be. Any input/suggestions? thought it would be a good topic.

Ideally, I'm thinking that either stat bonuses or haste/crit bonuses would be best for holy. We dont really have a certain spell that needs boosting imo, but who knows, maybe you'll all come up with something good. I was thinking maybe a 4-piece that allows for longer renew ticks or higher coeficients for spells wouldn't really cut it. Any good ideas?

thanks

Re: Set bonuses for priest in t8?

I'd like something that actually increases shadow priests damage not mana efficiency and damage on a somewhat unused spell.

I know right. The 4-piece bonus is crap. "woo hoo, now i have 10% chance increase to hurt myself!'

Shadow x2 bonus - Your Devouring Plague last 3 seconds longer
    Shadow x4 bonus - Your Mind Flay ability deals 5% more damage

Holy x2 bonus - your Renew spell heals for 10% more
    Holy x4 bonus - Prayer of Healing cast time is reduced by 0.5 seconds

I'd like to see those.

With the 10% extra crit chance you would have more procs from 50% mana regen while casting since it require crits to proc so this set bonus is kinda nice i have to say.
    It gives higher possibilities for more mana regen and spell power with glyph/talent.
    But what i like with it is that it kinda forces you to think twice before using it.

Like do i need more mana now
    or do i have the amount of hp that i need in case it crits.

Personaly I would like a set bonus for shields that makes then "regenerate" absorb amount

Let's say the shield absorb 3k and a mob hit's for 1 k the shield would regenerate it's absorb by 8% every 3rd sec as long as the shield is lasting. that would make the shield gain back 240 dmg each 3rd sec. This would make it somehow better against smal aoe and it's a small buff. to be usefull you would probably go to maybe 12% or so but atleast I've explained what I think would be interresting.
    Behind every great man there is a surprised lady.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Shadow x2 bonus - Your Devouring Plague last 3 seconds longer
    Shadow x4 bonus - Your Mind Flay ability deals 5% more damage

Holy x2 bonus - your Renew spell heals for 10% more
    Holy x4 bonus - Prayer of Healing cast time is reduced by 0.5 seconds

I'd like to see those.
    Id rather have Your Vampiric Touch last 3 second longer
    As 4 set bonus 5% on mindflay is fine i guess

The Prayer of Healing bonus would be very interesting since they are making it targeted on different parties soon.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Knowing blizz, Holy will get:

Tier 8 2 pc bonus: Reduces the mana cost of your Shackle Undead ability by 50.
    Tier 8 4 pc bonus: Decreases the casting time of your Resurrection spell by 1 second.

Blizz will state the following: "We understand that you may dislike these set bonuses. But we have done extensive internal testing and feel that these bonuses best reflect the changes that were needed in order to bring the Holy Priest inline with other healing classes...."

;p

I'd like to see Penance get some love at some point. We have no glyph for it atm and very few talents that increase its throughput/mana efficiency/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Relina
    I'd like to see Penance get some love at some point. We have no glyph for it atm and very few talents that increase its throughput/mana efficiency/whatever.
    Wanna give a reason why a spell with insane HPS and HPM requires a glyph to make it more so? It just may be the best heal spell in the game atm.

Deleted

Shadow:

2pc : Increases the effectiveness of devouring plague by 30%
    4pc : When dispersion ends the damage of your mindflay is increased by 50% for ten seconds

Holy:

2pc : the casttime of prayer of healing is reduced by 0.5sec
    4pc : the target of your bindingheal also gets a renew cast on him.

Discipline:

2pc : your inner fire grants you 5% haste for the duration
    4pc : when you cast power infusion on yourself your healing is increased by 10% for the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    Shadow:

2pc : Increases the effectiveness of devouring plague by 30%
    4pc : When dispersion ends the damage of your mindflay is increased by 50% for ten seconds

Holy:

2pc : the casttime of prayer of healing is reduced by 0.5sec
    4pc : the target of your bindingheal also gets a renew cast on him.

Discipline:

2pc : your inner fire grants you 5% haste for the duration
    4pc : when you cast power infusion on yourself your healing is increased by 10% for the duration.
    Finaly some1 who dident only make an (almost) pure holy set bonus. Like the bonusses.. But atm we have 2 sets, why not try and make some bonusses that BOTH healing specs can actualy gain from? ^^

(but quoted it cause finaly some1 thought about the 2. healing spec)
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Deleted

Well since its a post about 'suggestions' for setbonuses on T8, I thought I'd make one for holy and discipline.

If you want I can make one for smitebuild to

but lets assume then one set for holy

2pc : your flash heal resets the duration of renew on the target
    4pc : your inner fire grants you 5% haste for the duration

8)

EDIT: I'll go ahead and make one for smite anyway ^^

2pc: your holy fire crits reduces the casttime of your next two smites by 1sec
    4pc: increases the critdamage bonus of smite by 100%

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Disc:
    -(2)Your pw:shield, and pw:barrier (new in patch ) now absorb an addtional amount equal to 5% of your spellpower
    -(4) Heals done to targets afflicted with Weakened Soul have 10% increased haste.

Holy:
    -(2) Your flash heal criticals reduce the casting time of your greater heal by 0.25 second, stacking twice.
    -(4) Reduces the cooldown of your Circle of Healing by 2 seconds.

Shadow:
    -(2) Your Shadow word: Death spell reduces the channeled time of your next Mind Flay by 1 second.
    -(4) Your Vampiric Touch deals an additional 50% shadow damage for 2 ticks whenever you critically strike with Mind Blast.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

-(2) Your pw:shield and pw:barrier now absorb an additional amount equal to your armor.
    -(4) When your flash heal crit's you regain 10% of the mana cost.

I`d love those.

I hate to burst your bubbles, but there will be no discipline bonuses or discipline gear. GC said that they have no plans for adding disc specific bonuses or gear.

15+ Year Old Account

correction - he said there wouldn't be specific gear, not that there wouldn't be specific bonuses adressed to discipline.

It would most likely be something like:

Your circle of Healing or Penance spell now heals for 10% more, or adds some effect with chance on cast.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Shadow set:

In PvE we dont have mana problems and we dont have any problems in terms of survival.
    So the only thing set bonus can improve us is increasing our dmg :>

The numbers may not be balanced..this are just some ideas...

2 : Your Fade ability also increase dmg done by 2% while active
    4 : Shadowform will increase Shadowdmg by 20% insteed of 15%

Healing set:

2 : Manaregeneration outside FSR is increased by 10%
    4 : The Cooldown on Circe of Healing and Penace will be reduced by 20%

Shadow:
    2p: Reduces the cooldown of your Dispersion by 30 seconds.
    4p: Increases the duration of your Vamperic Touch ability by 6 seconds.

Holy
    2p: Reduces the mana cost of your Circle of Healing spell by 10%.
    4p: Increases the amount healed by your Prayer of Healing by 10%.

Some of these would be nice, but in honesty I see something like increasing affect of Mind Soothe, and reducing mana cost on shadow word pain or something..

Healing -

2 Piece - Prayer of Mending will restore 1% of total mana each time it is triggered.
    4 Piece - Increase chance of a critical heal by 5% with Prayer of Healing.

"Time is immeasurable, we can only see the perceptible effects of it. Maybe now you'll understand why I have no time."