Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Set bonuses for priest in t8?

Healing set:
    (2) Your shadowfiend comes with a cheat death ability. preventing one otherwise lethal hit.
    (4) Your Greater Heal and Penance spells also heal 10% of their effect on your focus target
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account

"(2) Your shadowfiend comes with a cheat death ability. preventing one otherwise lethal hit. "

People use glyph of shadowfiend to help that.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Shadow
    2pc: Increases the critical strike chance of your dots by 5%
    4pc: Your Dot spells have a 1% chance to cause double damage.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Healing:

(2) - Each time your Prayer of Mending jumps the original target is healed for 800.
    (4) - While channeling Hymn of Hope anyone affected by your Renew or Weakened Soul takes 20% less damage.

or

(2) - Binding Heal grants you and the target 200 haste rating for 6 seconds.
    (4) - Prayer of Healing lowers the casttime of your next Prayer of Healing within 5 seconds by 0.5 seconds.

Here's what we're going to get:

Shadow:
    (2): Your Mind Control last 10 seconds longer
    (4): Increase your Vampiric Embrace effect by 10%

Holy/Disc:
    (2) Hymn of Hope will give 10% more mana
    (4) Increase effect of desperate prayer by 5%

ohhh yeeeah

Quote Originally Posted by Zilia
    Hymn of Hope has been removed from the game no ?
    And then reimplemented.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilia
    Hymn of Hope has been removed from the game no ?
    And then reimplemented.
    With a [PH] tag (Placeholder), and a comment from Ghostcrawler that this spell was redundant now that shadowfiend had become better.
    Of course, then there is the promise that Hymns will be redesigned. My guess: not in 3.1, though.

Also: 10% more mana from hymn of hope is at best worth 5,3 MP5 given a 20k manapool, which is kinda horrible as far as set bonuses goes
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

I think that was his point. Like "this is the kind of useless crap we will actually get". Anyway, priests have somewhat poor PvE glyphs (except disc) so maybe we can hope for good set-bonuses this time around?

Well, Hymn of Hope may be redundant to the priest because of the improvements to Shadowfiend, but it is still a loss of mana recovery for the rest of the group.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Wasn't there a blue post saying that shadow priest t8 set bonuses will be nifty?
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Found!
    Shadow Priests
    I think Shadow priests will be in a good place. For PvP they got a much-needed tweak to Psychic Horror, but I won't spoil it here.

For PvE, I think the changes will help their scaling in the long run. I suggested in another thread that we might need to make their Shadow spells crit at 200% in order for the Shadowform change to actually be a buff. But we are fully committed to having the dots crit. The game just works better that way.

The Shadow Ulduar 4 piece set bonus is pretty sweet too.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/1521...he-future.html
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by GSXR1000
    Knowing blizz, Holy will get:

Tier 8 2 pc bonus: Reduces the mana cost of your Shackle Undead ability by 50.
    Tier 8 4 pc bonus: Decreases the casting time of your Resurrection spell by 1 second.

Blizz will state the following: "We understand that you may dislike these set bonuses. But we have done extensive internal testing and feel that these bonuses best reflect the changes that were needed in order to bring the Holy Priest inline with other healing classes...."

;p
    lol
    Whilst Holy Paladins get

Tier 8 2 pc Bonus: Healing spells increased 100%
    Tier 8 4 pc Bonus: Healing spells increased 200%

Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael
    The Shadow Ulduar 4 piece set bonus is pretty sweet too.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/1521...he-future.html
    Seriously, that could mean anything. The dev's definition of "sweet" and the player's expectation of usefulness have often times not gone hand in hand...

Quote Originally Posted by GSXR1000
    Knowing blizz, Holy will get:

Tier 8 2 pc bonus: Reduces the mana cost of your Shackle Undead ability by 50.
    Tier 8 4 pc bonus: Decreases the casting time of your Resurrection spell by 1 second.

Blizz will state the following: "We understand that you may dislike these set bonuses. But we have done extensive internal testing and feel that these bonuses best reflect the changes that were needed in order to bring the Holy Priest inline with other healing classes...."

;p
    Quote of the year.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Relina
    I'd like to see Penance get some love at some point. We have no glyph for it atm and very few talents that increase its throughput/mana efficiency/whatever.
    There will be a glyph for Penance in patch 3.1, which will decrease its cooldown by 2 additional seconds, which will make Penance have 6 seconds cooldown with talent from Discipline. Don't you think that is enough?

15+ Year Old Account

My take on the boni:

Healing:
    2 - When you cast Prayer of Mending, the duration of your Renew on your target is refreshed.
    4 - Your Prayer of Healing automatically applies Powerword: Shield to each of its targets. Weakened Soul is also applied.

Shadow:
    2 - Decreases the Cooldown of Devouring Plague by 10 seconds.
    4 - When you cast Devouring Plague your next Vampiric Touch will be instant cast.

Probably overpowered, but this is a "what if" thread anyway, and those could probably be balanced. But I just hate uncreative setboni like %damage or heal or less mana for some spell. Hello shadow T7
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Actually, those are quite nice...
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud

Shadow:
    4 - When you cast Devouring Plague your next Vampiric Touch will be instant cast.
    Why would they put pvp crap on pve gear?

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    My take on the boni:

Healing:
    2 - When you cast Prayer of Mending, the duration of your Renew on your target is refreshed.
    4 - Your Prayer of Healing automatically applies Powerword: Shield to each of its targets. Weakened Soul is also applied.

Shadow:

Probably overpowered, but this is a "what if" thread anyway, and those could probably be balanced. But I just hate uncreative setboni like %damage or heal or less mana for some spell. Hello shadow T7
    I'd change the shadow 4-set bonus to Mind Blast becomes an instand instead of vt.
    We'd finally have a good instant for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    I'd change the shadow 4-set bonus to Mind Blast becomes an instand instead of vt.
    We'd finally have a good instant for pvp
    You dont wanna pvp in pve gear with specc that has only 1 school
    - William Wallace